New Content crimbo 2022

taltamir

I noticed there is no thread for new content for crimbo 2022. so I am creating it.

mafia now tracks whether you have trained someone today using the _crimboTraining value
it would be great if it tracked which skill your manual is for.

I tested on alts and ascending does not change the skill. including ascending to a different class. it seems that whatever skill you give is locked to your account.
for scripting automated skill sharing it would help if there was a preference that tracked which skill your crimbo manual gives.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Probably a property which has a number from 0-11 (0 means you don't know) which is set to 1-11 whenever you look at your training book. If you have the book and the property is 0 when you log in, look at the item description and set it.

I suppose there could be code to look at it when you get the book (I suppose that could be tested by closeting and uncloseting it) or when you use it the first time and get the skill yourself.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Other known things to be done: add a "pingpong" command (like the "crimbotrain" command) to play ping-pong.

Something I noticed when testing the ping-pong table is that all the various "inactive" players I tested (who are sure to have lower ping-pong skill than I) gave me the "You cannot use that item on somebody in hardcore or Ronin" - even though the test targets were unambiguously in neither state.

That was pretty confusing. What was the REAL reason they were rejected? Why couldn't KoL just tell me that?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have no idea.

I bug reported it and requested that they give the REAL reason it was rejected, rather than confusingly re-using an existing message.
I doubt they will respond. I have years worth of unaddressed bug reports that I have submitted.
Most of them were never even acknowledged.

taltamir

Unknown item found: tiny plastic passenger car (11040, 540277464)
--------------------
11040 tiny plastic passenger car 540277464 c22_tp4.gif accessory t 0
tiny plastic passenger car 0 none
Item tiny plastic passenger car Familiar Weight: +3
--------------------
You acquire an item: tiny plastic passenger car

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Choice 1489 - Slagging off - has three options:

1) trade crystal Crimbo shard for crystal Crimbo goblet
2) trade crystal Crimbo shard for crystal Crimbo platter
3) No trade

If you encounter the choice with a shard in inventory, you MUST take option 1 or 2
If you encounter the choice without a shard, you MUST take option 3

This makes it tricky to automate without special handling in KoLmafia.
I'm going to support this via the following configuration choices:

0) Manual Control
1) with a shard in inventory, trade for goblet (option 1), otherwise skip (option 3)
2) with a shard in inventory, trade for platter (option 2), otherwise skip (option 3)
3) with a shard in inventory, trade for {goblet, platter} (option {1, 2}), otherwise skip (option 3)
This will pick whichever item you have the LEAST of, or randomly select if you have equal numbers.

The default will be option 3

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
r27024 does that, except instead of randomly choosing when quantities of the crystal objects are equal, it selects the goblet. Otherwise, choice spoilers in the Relay Browser are confusing; it can point the arrow at one button, indicating that the auto button will select that one, but when you hit it, it generates a random number which is only 50% likely to be the same one.

Ethelred

Thank you so much for this change! Trying to figure out how to code my script to achieve similiar functionality was driving me batty. Looking forward to trying out the new capability after rollover.

taltamir

Unknown item found: tiny plastic coal car (11042, 499960592)
--------------------
11042 tiny plastic coal car 499960592 c22_tp2.gif accessory t 0
tiny plastic coal car 0 none
Item tiny plastic coal car Hot Damage: +5, Hot Spell Damage: +5
--------------------
You acquire an item: tiny plastic coal car

taltamir

Unknown item found: tiny plastic locomotive (11043, 270326005)
--------------------
11043 tiny plastic locomotive 270326005 c22_tp1.gif accessory t 0
tiny plastic locomotive 0 none
Item tiny plastic locomotive Initiative: +10
--------------------
You acquire an item: tiny plastic locomotive

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
mafia now tracks whether you have trained someone today using the _crimboTraining value
it would be great if it tracked which skill your manual is for.

I tested on alts and ascending does not change the skill. including ascending to a different class. it seems that whatever skill you give is locked to your account.
for scripting automated skill sharing it would help if there was a preference that tracked which skill your crimbo manual gives.
r27033 adds crimboTrainingSkill which is a number from 1-11.
I suppose it is really "chapter", but my experience in /trade indicates people ask for “skills” using that number.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Trainbots are not conventional scaling monsters. They do not seem to have a cap, and stat gains are determined based on monster attack (i.e. moxie), not buffed mainstat.

I haven't yet decided how best to represent that in monsters.txt, or if we even care enough to do so.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Notably, the Superconductor boss seems to have a normal cap -- my character with thousands of active effects only got 20k substats from him, vs 2.5 million from other trainbots.