CounterChecker: Wormwood, Semi-rares, Dance Cards and more

Razorsoup

It checks (get_property("warProgress") == "unstarted" || get_property("sideDefeated") == "fratboys") so unless that is true it won't try to get the teeny-tiny magic scroll.

When does it do that check? As far as I can tell, the order of what happened is this:
1. CC got a semirare (don't remember what)
2. CC decided to go for a teeny-tiny magic scroll next time and set BaleCC_next=Hippy Camp
3. I started the Frat/Hippy war (but haven't completed it)
4. Another semirare counter came up
5. CC tried to get a teeny-tiny magic scroll from The Hippy Camp but couldn't because The Hippy Camp is now The Hippy Camp (Wartime) which does not have that semirare encounter.

Edit: I'm guessing right now I could just change "BaleCC_next" to be a different location that is accessible and has a semirare. But is there a way to have CC work around this type of issue in the future?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
The information provided about the next semirare in step 2 was purely informational for the sake of BestBetweenBattle so that script can make decisions.

CounterChecker never looks at BaleCC_next to find out what its previous decision was and will make a decision again from scratch at the time you actually get the semi-rare. At this time the location availability is checked.

Back to my question: You say that you started the war. Please tell me how much of it you completed!

Razorsoup

Okay, I think I got this figured out. I ran One Click Wossname, which started the war (By killing Franz or the other option). Then it tried adventuring in the battlefield to start making progress on the actual war but mafia complained that my stats are too low. I then went somewhere else and today this error came up.

The problem occurs because apparently mafia either can't or doesn't recognize that the war has started until you actually adventure in the battlefield, or (as I just found out) you visit the island in the relay browser. So, it seems this isn't a problem with CC but only happened because of the way mafia tracks the status of the war.

Edit:
Please tell me how much of it you completed!
War started, 0 hippies killed, 0 frat boys killed

Bale

Minion
Thank you for that information. Actually I consider that a bug in this script which I can fix. While I'm at it I'll commute distribution to svn.

Released CounterChecker v1.6

• Fix edgecase check for island locations when the war has barely been started
  • Distribution has migrated over to SVN. With a current daily build, please copy/paste the following line into KoLmafia's CLI and press enter:
    Code:
    [PLAIN]svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/counterchecker/code/[/PLAIN]

Thank you for that information. Actually I consider that a bug in this script which I can fix. While I'm at it I'll commute distribution to svn.

Released CounterChecker v1.6

• Fix edgecase check for island locations when the war has barely been started
  • Distribution has migrated over to SVN. With a current daily build, please copy/paste the following line into KoLmafia's CLI and press enter:
    Code:
    [PLAIN]svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/counterchecker/code/[/PLAIN]

Bale, I have deleted my svn for counterchecker. Rechecked out and i am getting the message there is a new version and the link to click to download

Theraze

The problem occurs because apparently mafia either can't or doesn't recognize that the war has started until you actually adventure in the battlefield, or (as I just found out) you visit the island in the relay browser. So, it seems this isn't a problem with CC but only happened because of the way mafia tracks the status of the war.

Mafia does most of its tracking of war stats in the relay decorator, which means that when you finish the war, it's not really finished until after you open the relay browser and look at the island. It's caused some... odd results for me in the past. Just note that since some things are tracked in relay, that often visiting stuff in the browser will magically make problems go away. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In this case, it could/should start the war when you take the appropriate choice option to do so. It can't assume that you started the war while in KoLmafia, so it checks when you visit in the relay browser, but if it actually WATCHES you start the war, there should be no problem.

I suggest a bug report.

Razorsoup

Mafia does most of its tracking of war stats in the relay decorator, which means that when you finish the war, it's not really finished until after you open the relay browser and look at the island. It's caused some... odd results for me in the past. Just note that since some things are tracked in relay, that often visiting stuff in the browser will magically make problems go away. :)

That's good to know. I'm fairly new to KoL and even newer to mafia so I'm still learning a lot every day. I usually have the KoL wiki, the mafia wiki and these forums open every day while running mafia. The sheer volume of awesomeness possible with mafia+scripts is a little overwhelming at times.

Bale

Minion
Bale, I have deleted my svn for counterchecker. Rechecked out and i am getting the message there is a new version and the link to click to download

That problem shouldn't be there tomorrow. It's just a side effect of using zarqon's version_checker(). Probably. Unless I'm wrong.

If it's still there tomorrow or you want a better answer today, copy/paste the actual message so I'll have a clearer idea of the problem.

Razorsoup

I'm also seeing a message that there is a new version but svn doesn't seem to think there is.

I'm seeing
Checking for updates (running CounterChecker ver. 1.5.2)...
New Version of CounterChecker Available: 1.6
Upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.6 here!

And "svn update" results in
> svn update

Updating all SVN projects...
bale-advisor is at HEAD (r6)
bale-counterchecker is at HEAD (r1)
bale-new-life is at HEAD (r1)
bale-ocd is at HEAD (r7)
batbrain is at HEAD (r3)
mafia-harvest is at HEAD (r3)
therazekolmafia-canadv is at HEAD (r1)
therazekolmafia-eatdrink is at HEAD (r4)
therazekolmafia-thesea is at HEAD (r7)
winterbay-mafia-autobasement is at HEAD (r21)
zlib is at HEAD (r5)
Checking for working copy modifications...
M C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\Desktop\Kingdom of Loathing\svn\bale-ocd\scripts\OCD Inventory Control.ash
M C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\Desktop\Kingdom of Loathing\svn\bale-ocd\relay\relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash
M C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\Desktop\Kingdom of Loathing\svn\mafia-harvest\scripts\Harvest.ash
Synchronizing with local copies...
Sync complete.
Requests complete.

Magus_Prime

Some fuzzy matching warnings from CounterChecker:

Code:
Changing "Sleazy Back Alley" to "The Sleazy Back Alley" would get rid of this message (CounterChecker.ash, line 61)
Changing "Sleazy Back Alley" to "The Sleazy Back Alley" would get rid of this message (CounterChecker.ash, line 167)
Changing "Sleazy Back Alley" to "The Sleazy Back Alley" would get rid of this message (CounterChecker.ash, line 363)

Hey Bale, I am doing 100% automated SC runs and I was looking into adding in a way to acquire 3 specific semi rares after I eat a fortune cookie. Would this script be able to do something like that or am I better off adding it in myself?

Winterbay

You can delete all the semi-rares you do not want from the list... But that would make it not work like normal when you get out of the run. But that's probably the easiest way.

Winterbay

IT would probably just grab the most expensive one of the ones in your list that wasn't the one it got the last time.

Theraze

It would grab the most expensive possible of the 3 available which you did not get last time. That means you'd get at least 2 different SRs, maybe all 3, depending on if any of the more expensive ones are level-locked.

I was adventuring in the relay browser in "Ye Olde Medievale Villagee", greatly looking forward to my semi-rare. Much to my horror I did not get it. Checking back in the gCLI window I see this:

Checking for updates (running CounterChecker ver. 1.6)...
Running CounterChecker version: 1.6 (current)
Checking counters now.
A teeny-tiny magic scroll is currently selling for 13,841 meat .
BaleCC_next => Hippy Camp

Visit to Island: Hippy Camp in progress...

[32820] Hippy Camp
Encounter: The Latest Sorcerous Developments
You acquire an item: teeny-tiny magic scroll

A bottle of antifreeze is currently selling for 13,318 meat .
BaleCC_next => Lair of the Ninja Snowmen
Requests complete.

[32821] Ye Olde Medievale Villagee
Encounter: Medieval mug apprentice
Round 0: dmeleedy wins initiative!
Round 1: dmeleedy attacks!
Round 2: dmeleedy wins the fight!
You gain 4 hit points
You gain 3 Muscularity Points
You gain 15 Meat
You acquire an item: leather
You acquire an item: clay
You gain 32 Muscleboundness
You gain 11 Enchantedness
You gain 14 Sarcasm

Ack!!! Please fix

Theraze

If you want a specific semirare, don't you have to disable CC entirely? Since it will always pick the most expensive available from the known list...

If your request is to add new semirares, a list of which locations are missing would be the fastest way to facilitate that. If your request is to allow for overriding the 'best' picker if you're adventuring in an area that has semirares available, that would be different.