CounterChecker: Wormwood, Semi-rares, Dance Cards and more

slyz

Developer
I still don't see why the remove wasn't working as intended. Or did I miss another fix?

EDIT: Ah ok! All this time, the problem was with BaleCC_next, and not with the actual semi-rare getting.

Bale

Minion
Yup. I was using remove on the map each time I called expensive_semi(). That became a problem when I called it twice with different values for semirareLocation.

shazbot

I don't know if this qualifies as a feature request or a case of caveat emptor, but I found a small bug that could severely aggrevate users trying 100 runs. I was doing a 100 run and was up to the NS tower. I don't have the right skills permed to get my familiars > 20lb. So via the built in kol tower script, it was leveling up the familiar I needed when the wormwood/semirare counter went up. And because whichever it was caused a combat without swapping out familiar, it ruined my 100 run.

tldr; request to heed is_100run variable when CC triggers an adventure.

Bale

Minion
Actually, I'm not sure if a between battle script will fire in that circumstance either...

I think that is a Caveat Emptor. The caveat is that if you let mafia figure out how to level your familiars for the NS any number of unfortunate things might happen. This isn't the first complaint I've ever heard on the topic. Usually it is people complaining that they have an item in inventory that could have allowed them to avoid training their familiar. Veracity recently added a slew of familiar weight increasers to the code, but I doubt it is perfect.

zarqon

Sure it will -- not before training familiars, but certainly before adventuring in a zone. Policing the is_100_run setting in this script would be nice too though for these odd cases (might also happen if you're crafting at rollover after switching to a rollover familiar).

My Blackbird tour guide run took much longer than I intended because autoBasement didn't respect the setting. My Disembodied Hand got about 20 experience before I caught it. I really like it when scripts respect that setting, because just one turn with the wrong familiar ruins a 100% run.

Winterbay

My Blackbird tour guide run took much longer than I intended because autoBasement didn't respect the setting. My Disembodied Hand got about 20 experience before I caught it. I really like it when scripts respect that setting, because just one turn with the wrong familiar ruins a 100% run.

It does now :)

I've seen mentioned the semi-rare queue that allows you to pick out a list of semi-rares you'd like to have during a run and it'd get them in order if available. Was that feature ever added?

Theraze

Nope. Not unless you remove down to only having the semirares you want. If you do that, be sure you leave at least 2 level 1 items, else you'll end up with an error if no item is available that will confuse you a lot.

sounds like you are speaking from experience... ;)

So basically, I commented out all the lines of the semi-rares I don't want. That's the section that looks like this: semi_rare[$location[location]] = $item[item]; Right?

Winterbay

The basic support for a semi-rare list is added, but so far Bale has not made it a fully fledged and working feature. And yep, that's the part to trim. A few pages back I've copied in what my semi_rare-part looks like if you want something to compare to.

Awesome! That is exactly what I was looking for. I've been keeping up with this thread for a long time, I can't believe I missed that post.

Thanks Winterbay (and Theraze) and of course Bale!

Bale

Minion
Released CounterChecker v1.49993

This is the "Why the hell didn't anyone tell me that the SellSemirare feature is completely borked?!" release.

I put that feature in by request of a member of the community without ever using it myself. Since he never told me that there was a problem I've just been assuming it works. It did not work. I doubt it ever worked. It seems that if you set it to automatically sell off your semi-rares it would sell them for minimum mall price.

It must be that everyone uses my OCD script instead, except for 1 unfortunate soul who contacted me in kMail with his tale of woe. At least it won't destroy him a second time.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Yes. I hate being troubled by that icky math thing where every single digit needs to be the same.

Nope. Not unless you remove down to only having the semirares you want. If you do that, be sure you leave at least 2 level 1 items, else you'll end up with an error if no item is available that will confuse you a lot.

So, in this section:
Code:
item [location] semi_rare;
Then I'd comment out the ones I don't want it to get, and it'll get something left?

For example, I want to use this ascending so I don't accidentally miss something. I'd like it to bop between lunchboxes and tasty tarts, so if I comment out all the rest, then it should grab just those, correct?

EDIT: I'd prefer to be able to select a couple on a list as an option, so that way if this works then I don't have to remember to comment them out each time I upgrade.