Feature - Implemented Choose appropriate LavaCo Lamp in Maximizer

I do like the tie-breaker though, which is why I was advocating for extending it to the modifiers for rollover effects.

Edit - this is all a bit academic though, since Darzil and Veracity have both indicated they're happy with the current implementation. That's totally their prerogative, and I don't want to come across as entitled or argumentative about it. :)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
My opinion also!

I have a kingLiberatedScript and preAscensionScript that manage my closed items so this is zero effort for me. Here are the relevant sections of each:

set kingLiberatedScript = kingLiberatedScript.ash
Code:
// Get special gear for each class
boolean [item] class_gear(class c) {
	switch(c) {
	case $class[Seal Clubber]:
		return $items[sealskin drum, seal medal, Meat Tenderizer is Murder,
			warbear exo-arm, red LavaCo Lamp™,
			Krakrox's Loincloth, Claw of the Infernal Seal, Scalp of Gorgolok,
			Frosty's carrot, Frosty's nailbat, Frosty's old silk hat,
			Great Wolf's headband, Great Wolf's left paw, Great Wolf's right paw];
	case $class[Turtle Tamer]	:
		return $items[washboard shield, spirit bell, Ouija Board\, Ouija Board,
			warbear foil hat, red LavaCo Lamp™,
			Galapagosian Cuisses, Garter of the Turtle Poacher, Elder Turtle Shell,
			Zombo's grievous greaves, Zombo's shield, Zombo's skullcap,
			Unkillable Skeleton's breastplate, Unkillable Skeleton's shinguards, Unkillable Skeleton's skullcap];
	case $class[Pastamancer]:
		return $items[spaghetti-box banjo, experimental carbon fiber pasta additive, Hand that Rocks the Ladle,
			warbear energy bracers, blue LavaCo Lamp™,
			Angelhair Culottes, Bandolier of the Spaghetti Elemental, Colander of Em-er'il,
			Oscus's dumpster waders, Oscus's pelt, Wand of Oscus,
			Mayor Ghost's cloak, Mayor Ghost's khakis, Mayor Ghost's toupee];
	case $class[Sauceror]:
		return $items[marinara jug, hazardous sauce dosimeter, Saucepanic,
			warbear oil pan, blue LavaCo Lamp™,
			Newman's Own Trousers, Gravyskin Belt of the Sauceblob, Ancient Saucehelm,
			Ol' Scratch's ash can, Ol' Scratch's ol' britches, Ol' Scratch's stovepipe hat,
			Drunkula's cape, Drunkula's silky pants, Thunkula's drinking cap];
	case $class[Disco Bandit]:
		return $items[makeshift castanets, The Sagittarian's leisure pants, Frankly Mr. Shank,
			warbear laser beacon, green LavaCo Lamp™,
			Volartta's bellbottoms, Bling of the New Wave, Disco 'Fro Pick,
			Chester's bag of candy, Chester's cutoffs, Chester's moustache,
			Covers-Your-Head, Drapes-You-Regally, Warms-Your-Tush];
	case $class[Accordion Thief]:
		return $items[left-handed melodica, Skipper's accordion, Shakespeare's Sister's Accordion,
			warbear exhaust manifold, green LavaCo Lamp™,
			Lederhosen of the Night, La Hebilla del Cinturón de Lopez, El Sombrero De Lopez,
			zombie accordion, zombie mariachi hat, zombie mariachi pants];
	}
	return $items[];
}

void get_stuff() {

// Empty closet and Hangks
	if(get_property("lastEmptiedStorage").to_int() != my_ascensions()) {
		empty_closet();
		visit_url("storage.php?action=pullall&pwd");
	}

batch_open();
	foreach it in class_gear(my_class())
		if(closet_amount(it) > 0) take_closet(closet_amount(it), it);
	batch_close();
}

void main() {	
	get_stuff();
}

set preAscensionScript = preAscensionScript.ash
Code:
import "kingLiberatedScript.ash";

void closet_stuff() {
	// don't closet Chester's bag of candy
	foreach c in $classes[Seal Clubber, Turtle Tamer, Pastamancer, Sauceror, Disco Bandit, Accordion Thief]
		foreach doodad in class_gear(c) {
			if(equipped_amount(doodad) > 0) cli_execute("unequip "+doodad);
			if(item_amount(doodad) > 0) put_closet(item_amount(doodad), doodad);
		}
}

void main() {
	if(get_property("kingLiberated").to_boolean()) {
		closet_stuff();
		print("Prepared for Ascension.");
	} else abort("WTF!?  Why is a preAscensionScript runnin'?");
}

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Instead of closeting the ones you don't want, you could have a script that just runs the appropriate maximizer string as a logout script, or one that you manually run when you're finished for the day (that's how I do it). That could include "+equip [appropriate lava lamp]" based on what your mainstat is and any main/offstat values you care about, to bypass caring about which lamp mafia thinks is best.

My current maximization ranks a silver cow creamer above a lamp, so this discussion doesn't actually affect me. If it did affect me, I might actually want to avoid the lamps anyway in seasons where purity is a pvp mini, meaning that preferring equipment with rollover effects is the opposite of what I might want.

Bale

Minion
Instead of closeting the ones you don't want, you could have a script that just runs the appropriate maximizer string as a logout script, or one that you manually run when you're finished for the day (that's how I do it). That could include "+equip [appropriate lava lamp]" based on what your mainstat is and any main/offstat values you care about, to bypass caring about which lamp mafia thinks is best.

It would be better to do -equip for each of the lava lamps you don't want to use. Just in case one day there is something better for your off-hand. It could happen!

Darzil

Developer
Things also get a lot more complicated when we start comparing rollover effects, as they aren't all the same length, so then we're into weighting effects by duration which adds yet further complexity.

I did have a look at it when this first appeared, but it's less trivial than I expected.

VladYvhuce

Personally, I just made a copy of my rollover outfit for each of the lava lamps. I typically prefer to use the one that will grant more experience for my lowest stat.