Bug - Not A Bug Chat window text and the MS Surface Pro 3

pithlit

So I realize in the scheme of things, this isn't a big deal to most, and that's fine, but I thought I'd throw this in here. I'm not calling it a bug since everything functions fine.

I just received my Surface Pro 3, and I run Mafia on it. I have no problems save one: for some reason the text in the chat window is super small compared to all the other text showing in the app. I have a attached a screen shot to show you what I'm talking about. Hopefully it is some simple property setting that can be adjusted?

Thanks for your time, and thank you all so much for keeping Mafia up to date. I've been using it exclusively for years, and I have a hard time playing without it.

Attachments

• Screencap.jpg
    Screencap.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 117

Theraze

Amusingly, r14832 makes all of my gCLI fonts small now. :) Roughly half as big as it was yesterday. Not really a bad thing, but in 20 years if I'm still playing mafia, it'll be a bit more difficult to read.

Crowther

Roughly half as big as it was yesterday. Not really a bad thing, but in 20 years if I'm still playing mafia, it'll be a bit more difficult to read.
Kids these days. I'm that age and still playing mafia.

Looks back to normal here too.

Theraze

Well, I've been nearsighted with glasses for over twenty years here, so I don't expect it to get much better in another twenty years...

Crowther

Well, I've been nearsighted with glasses for over twenty years here, so I don't expect it to get much better in another twenty years...
I've reached the point where reading glasses are a routine part of my life and it makes me feel old.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I started wearing bifocals as a kid in (gasp!) 1963. When I hit the middle-aged vision change my eyes changed to the point that I had single vision lenses for a few years. I'm wearing progressive lenses now in a probably unsuccessful attempt to have one pair for distance, computer/music and reading. See what you have to look forward to?

pithlit

Hey I'll check this out when I get home. Thanks!

And yeah, when I hit 40, I realized I was having to hold things I was reading farther and farther away from my face. Finally had to start using store-bought reading glasses. Age is a bitch!

Ensiferum

The font settings change has affected the varioius pop-ups KoLmafia opens - I noticed it in the Player Profile that opens from "name click" in chat, but the Council button and mini-browser seem affected as well.

They are all using a smaller font size now and aren't affected by the options settings - intended or bug?

Theraze

r14832 had tiny text everywhere, but r14833 fixed that. Might r14840 have shifted away some part of the r14833 fix?

If the issue is simply that all of the text is the same size... is that really an issue?

Bale

Minion
Here's a screenshot of r14841. The text in the CLI is smaller than in the rest of the interface.

Acd7Su9.png

Using Windows XP, Java 7u55.

Last edited:

Ensiferum

And here's what I had in mind. The new smaller font makes it harder (for me at least) to read the info on there.

Attachments

• mafiafonts.jpg
    mafiafonts.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 55