Character Info Toolbox

soolar

@shkspr Do you have the "Display Quest Tracker in a scrollable sub-frame" enabled in KoL's native settings? If so, disable it. I might work on supporting it some day (if that's possible, I haven't actually investigated enough to say with certainty that it is) but atm I'm working on at least adding an error message if you have it enabled, since somebody on the ASS discord had a different issue caused by the same setting.

EDIT: Actually, fixing things with that setting enabled (at least mostly?) was really easy, it turns out...

VinnyB

Could asdon's driving buffs be lumped in with "songs"? They're mutually exclusive and you basically always want to be running one of them

soolar

Could asdon's driving buffs be lumped in with "songs"? They're mutually exclusive and you basically always want to be running one of them
It may have been a while since you requested this, but it's implemented now! They're treated more like expressions than songs though.

ereinion

The button for executing moods is missing from the toolbar after a recent update. The setting chit.toolbar.moods displayed false when I checked it, while I *think* it was bonus before, but changing it back to bonus did not make the button reappear.

soolar

it should be set to true, not bonus. Not sure why it would change to false though. Will investigate.

EDIT: OH. I SEE. Fixing, sorry about that. Bonus is indeed a valid option, my mistake!

dark_adonis

Don't know where to ask, but I've really enjoyed using ChIT for the past few years.

I'm having some issues with ChIT not showing up after installing from github and uninstalling the sourceforge version based on the instructions in the README on github. Do I need to run the script or do anything to make sure everything was installed in the right directory?

taltamir

Don't know where to ask, but I've really enjoyed using ChIT for the past few years.

I'm having some issues with ChIT not showing up after installing from github and uninstalling the sourceforge version based on the instructions in the README on github. Do I need to run the script or do anything to make sure everything was installed in the right directory?
odd. I had no such issue. But it does remind me of a similar issue I had with another script.

try the following steps:
1. uninstalling.
2. going into mafia/svn/ folder and looking for chit folder and deleting it.
3. installing from github

my guess is that you got stuck with a leftover folder in the /svn/ dir that refuses to get deleted by the uninstaller. and is blocking the installation process.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
it should be set to true, not bonus. Not sure why it would change to false though. Will investigate.

EDIT: OH. I SEE. Fixing, sorry about that. Bonus is indeed a valid option, my mistake!

this still needs to be updated. Setting chit.toolbar.moods=bonus will revert when you reload the charpane.

charpane.ash line 62 needs to change from:
Code:
setvar("chit.toolbar.moods", true);
to:
Code:
setvar("chit.toolbar.moods", "true");

dark_adonis

odd. I had no such issue. But it does remind me of a similar issue I had with another script.

try the following steps:
1. uninstalling.
2. going into mafia/svn/ folder and looking for chit folder and deleting it.
3. installing from github

my guess is that you got stuck with a leftover folder in the /svn/ dir that refuses to get deleted by the uninstaller. and is blocking the installation process.
That worked. Thanks for your help!

VladYvhuce

I seem to be running into an issue where I can only get the gear chooser options to display favorites if I set it to default, which causes Items, ML, etc to show up and prevent quest items from showing up. I only want favorites and quest items to show up.
Edit: I got some sleep and now see what I was doing wrong. Basically, I fixed the issue by commenting out all the stuff I didn't want showing in the text file in the Data folder and leaving the setting in preferences alone.
Edit 2: I don't seem to be finding anything on how to disable the "best items" category. While I know that others may find that useful, to me it's just extra clutter.

Last edited:

ereinion

Can anyone give me an idea of what's going on here? between the two last prefrefs I do a refresh of the charpane in the browser...

Mafia version 25704 and r1533 of ChIT

1632779806090.png

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Can anyone give me an idea of what's going on here? between the two last prefrefs I do a refresh of the charpane in the browser...

Mafia version 25704 and r1533 of ChIT

This is the problem I had where ChIT has not been updated with the toolbar.moods fix (see comments above). Try svn delete and then reinstall from the Github link.

VladYvhuce

The new IOTM is messing with ChIT. Attached are some images of what was going on. First, is how KOL looks without Mafia or ChIT.537722fb408d6aed178965974d97dc5b.png
Second is how things looked before I unistalled and reinstalled ChIT.2ee2974cdd171e45ee9777a6a310094a.png
Third is how it looks after reinstalling ChIT. 3c29c13b794df8c58fd7fdd17cda1f6b.png

Magus_Prime

Two things came to my notice today.

The image path seems to have changed for KoL and mafia changed to reflect it in r25958 and that breaks the images that ChiT uses. Reverting to r25945 fixed the problem for me.

KoLmafia has changed the path name for "Ed" to "Ed the Undying":
Changing "Ed" to "Ed the Undying" would get rid of this message. (charpane.ash, line 3046)
Changing "Ed" to "Ed the Undying" would get rid of this message. (charpane.ash, line 3565)

Last edited:

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Its the class that has changed, not the path