Character Info Toolbox

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
A major benefit to SVN is that it can merge changes that you make locally with changes committed to the server. Unless those changes are to the same code, because there's no sane way for an automated process to decide which version is the one you want.

ereinion

I'm not getting uparrows next to buffs above the counters for my romantic monster window. Setting chit.disable to true I do get them:
KvmRvnd.png

Another thing I've noticed recently is that there's a small white square next to "Effects". I think it may have happened after the relay-images changed locations?
qDcahHw.png

CHIT settings:
Code:
zlib chit.character.avatar = true
zlib chit.character.customtitle = true
zlib      chit.character.title = true
zlib chit.checkversion = true
zlib      chit.disable = false
zlib chit.effects.classicons = none
zlib      chit.effects.layout = buffs,intrinsics
zlib chit.effects.modicons =      false
zlib chit.effects.showicons = true
zlib chit.effects.usermap =      false
zlib chit.familiar.hats = spangly sombrero,sugar chapeau
zlib      chit.familiar.pants = spangly mariachi pants, frilly skirt, double-ice      britches, BRICKO pants, pin-stripe slacks
zlib chit.familiar.protect =      false
zlib chit.familiar.showlock = false
zlib chit.familiar.weapons      = time sword,velcro broadsword,velcro paddleball
zlib chit.floor.layout      = toolbar
zlib chit.helpers.dancecard = true
zlib      chit.helpers.semirare = true
zlib chit.helpers.wormwood =      mainstat5,stats5
zlib chit.kol.coolimages = true
zlib      chit.quests.hide = true
zlib chit.roof.layout =      character,stats,familiar,effects
zlib chit.stats.layout =      muscle,myst,moxie|spleen,stomach,liver|hp,mp,axel|mcd
zlib      chit.stats.showbars = true
zlib chit.toolbar.layout =      quests,helpers,modifiers,trail
zlib chit.toolbar.moods = bonus
zlib      chit.walls.layout =
HTML for sidebar with ChIT enabled:
http://pastebin.com/3Ek5kTn9

HTML for sidebar with ChIT disabled:
http://pastebin.com/bXepz50Y

ereinion

Nope. I could try a "cache clear" in the gCLI, I guess? Though as I mentioned I do see mafia's red up-arrows when chit is disabled, it's only when chit is enabled they're not there. You are correct that the problem appears to be with the redup.png and not with where the counters are displayed, though, as I don't get the up-arrows even though I have no counters active.

-edit- I think I found the issue:
uXKkaAJ.png

Now, deleting the images in that folder and doing an svn update should fix it, right?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Now, deleting the images in that folder and doing an svn update should fix it, right?

Delete it. Delete select_outfit.png also. Then use the following two commands in the CLI:

svn dec mafiachit
svn update mafiachit

I think that will do it. Probably.

Bale

Minion
Oh dear. I have a gallon of fury in my charpane. Looks like I'll have update ChIT to support the Seal Clubber revamp.

Bale

Minion
Fortunately I have a multi who is a Seal Clubber. I can't completely do everything I want until mafia recognizes the skills that reveal your maximum fury level, but I got almost everything:

svn update mafiachit​

InfiniusDev

So a while back, the whole Brick plugin functionality was added, and this was great... I had an outfit picker brick (no longer quite so useful now that that's been internalized), and a Crown of Thrones picker brick (thanks Soluzar!). But after the auto svn updating was added, I have to re-add my import to the top every time svn updates. It'd be very handy to have a blank "BrickImports.ash" script that never gets updated (I'm assuming SVN only pulls down updates), but does get imported to the charpane.ash script. Any chance?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
So a while back, the whole Brick plugin functionality was added, and this was great... I had an outfit picker brick (no longer quite so useful now that that's been internalized), and a Crown of Thrones picker brick (thanks Soluzar!). But after the auto svn updating was added, I have to re-add my import to the top every time svn updates. It'd be very handy to have a blank "BrickImports.ash" script that never gets updated (I'm assuming SVN only pulls down updates), but does get imported to the charpane.ash script. Any chance?

Update the copy in your svn folder and the changes will persist through updates.

Given that there are hundreds of ways people might want to customize things in this script, and many of them don't make sense to include in the actual script, maybe Bale should put a link to his SVN guide somewhere in the first post.

Darzil

Developer
I can't completely do everything I want until mafia recognizes the skills that reveal your maximum fury level, but I got almost everything:

Well, lots still needed on the Mafia front, but it should recognise those skills now I hope. Certainly they are in classskills.txt

Fortunately I have a multi who is a Seal Clubber. I can't completely do everything I want until mafia recognizes the skills that reveal your maximum fury level, but I got almost everything:

svn update mafiachit​

So right now you have CHIT try to update automatically when the character pane loads. The problem with this is that if the server is not responding, mafia hangs indefinitely, and you get no character
pane at all. Can you change this behavior to allow the user to choose when to do the svn updates? Either through the command in the CLI or with the mafia preference.

Theraze

It sounds like Kirk is confusing CHIT updating/loading the charpane with the svn update command changing CHIT itself.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It sounds like Kirk is confusing CHIT updating/loading the charpane with the svn update command changing CHIT itself.

I think he's saying that the svn update command that CHIT auto-executes is preventing CHIT from displaying anything in the charpane. That sounds about right, since when I log in for the first time each day I have an empty charpane until all of breakfast finishes and the svn command finally completes.