Bug - Fixed Cannot find monster?

Spiny

r8472

I encountered my Shadow with my BM alt, I cut it too close for allowed hit points with lost initiative and died, oops, anyhow, CLI reports Cannot find monster. I assure you that the Shadow is staring over my crumpled body laughing at me. Note, my friend defeated the 2nd form of the NS in post-ronin of her softcore run and that too said Cannot find monster and only showed that she attacked with weapon.

Code:
[2423] Sorceress Tower: Shadow Fight
Encounter: Shadow Alfredo Archmage
Round 0: Tango Clubdancer loses initiative!
Cannot find monster.
Insufficient health to continue (auto-abort triggered).

A retry of the fight resulted in:

Code:
[2424] Sorceress Tower: Shadow Fight
Encounter: Shadow Alfredo Archmage
Round 0: Tango Clubdancer loses initiative!
Cannot find monster.
Round 1: Tango Clubdancer uses the gauze garter!
Cannot find monster.
Round 2: Tango Clubdancer uses the gauze garter!
Cannot find monster.
Round 3: Tango Clubdancer uses the scented massage oil!
Cannot find monster.

tango_shadow_cannotfindmonster1.jpgtango_Shadow_cannotfindmonster2.jpgtango_Shadow_cannotfindmonster3.jpgtango_Shadow_cannotfindmonster4.jpg

Spiny

I can confirm NS form 2 as cannot find monster, here's the HTML frame for the initial round.

I turned debug on, while in the middle of the first round of combat with NS form 2. I died miserably, but have the debug info for the remainder of that fight if that will help further.

Attachments

• NS form2 fight frame1.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 44
  • NSform2debug.txt
    403.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

jasonharper

Developer
Possibly fixed in r8474 - please test. The common factor is a non-standard monster image (class-dependent for the Shadow, larger than normal for NS2), so Hobopolis & Slime Tube monsters with randomized images are also likely to be affected.

Spiny

I'll try to keep my eyes open, I've gone ahead and broken prism with that character. Thanks for checking.