bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

bumcheekcity

On first read, I thought you said "script" there. I was thinking "thanks mate, but this is hardly a new project." :D

Either way, I have uploaded what I hope will be the final beta of the script now. I've added Mr. Store item checking to it, and fixed the Discoveries completely I hope, although I'm kind of waiting on Veracity to confirm that, given that you've got pretty much every single discovery, it seems :D

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Discoveries look good.

I did make an effort to get every one that was practical. That is to say, that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to buy the materials.

I don't have the "present", since I don't own any wrapping paper.
I don't have the Depleted Grimacite smithing recipes.
And I don't have the old special event (wrapping paper, tropical wrapping paper, bow, grass, time) smithing recipes because, although I DID make all those things, that was before KoL kept track of discoveries, and I don't choose to buy ingredients and rediscover them, just to get them listed on my discoveries page. Grr.

(Fujiko did do all of that and really does have every discovery.)

bumcheekcity

According to the script, you're missing:
- meatloaf helmet (catsup)
- dripping meat sword (ketchup)
- dripping meat sword (catsup)

Those sound like fairly easy discoveries - just wanted to check that that was the case. If you do have them, can you just confirm with me the HTML of the page, so that I can make sure they're right in the data file?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, I DO have those. OK, here's the HTML from calling craft.php?mode=discoveries&what=smith

Attachments

• bcc.txt
    77.7 KB · Views: 80

bumcheekcity

This was due to my inability to spell "catsup" and the fact that I had the ingredients for the dripping meat sword the wrong way round. I've re-uploaded the data file, it should find all three now. No re-download needed.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
All my smithing discoveries are correct now - except there is a mysterious red "258:" at the end.

bumcheekcity

That's due to an extra carriage return in the data file, and has been fixed in the PHP, so it won't re-occur when I re-upload data files. This means version 1.2 is done :D

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
One feature I think would be nice is a way to tell the script to not check stuff if we know that we won't ever make it visible. I'm thinking this would be in the form of an if statement that says whether or not to actually check the associated kol pages, and when the control variable is set to false then the URL sent to your web site would say that we have nothing in that category for simplicity (or that we chose not to check that category, if you want to make it really fancy).

bumcheekcity

Whilst this is reasonable, I fail to see what end it would serve, save for a slight saving in time. Given that I have had at least seven people who put their password in the /* comment */ section, I'm reluctant to make the script in any way more complicated.

If one is worried about people seeing stuff that they don't want seen (trophies for a PvPer, etc.), then they can set a password, and have a public profile for that. Unless I'm misinterpreting your suggestion.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just downloaded 1.2 and ran it. Mr. Store items are now green!
Well, many of them. McPhee's Grimoire of Hilarious Object Summoning and spooky rattling cigar box are both white, although I have the first on my bookshelf and the second in my terrarium.

The former is probably because the bookshelf names it "McPhee's Grimoire of Hilarious Item Summoning" - Item, rather than Object.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

The Grimore is fixed in the data file. I can't work out the problem with the diembodied hand, it's spelled correctly. It's not working for me either (I have the familiar).

bazo0ka

Very neat tool. All my discoveries are showing up red for some reason, though.

Also, it might be neat to do a consumption record to see what food/booze you have(n't) consumed.

bumcheekcity

Very neat tool. All my discoveries are showing up red for some reason, though.

Also, it might be neat to do a consumption record to see what food/booze you have(n't) consumed.

A few people have reported the completely-blank-discoveries bug now, about 3-5% of all people. I'm going to get a test script tomorrow for people to help with debugging it.

Consumption record sounds quite cool actually.

I keep getting 132: Staff of Ed (headpiece) showing red. Even though I have that discovery (and the other staff of ed recipes).

Then I realized I have the staff untinkered. I constructed it and reran the snapshot and it showed green. I untinkered and ran snapshot and it showed red again.

Other incorrect discovery results:
Food:
141: plain pizza (flat dough)
215: plain pizza (wad of dough)
Booze:
14: bloody beer (Sir S)
135: bloody beer (Willer)

Those are all showing red, even though they should be green. I haven't checked for one showing green that should be red yet. I'm sorry i'm not sending these all at the same time, but i'm only checking a couple obvious ones.

BTW, this is a really cool tool, keep up the great work!

bumcheekcity

Can you attach the HTML of the relevant discovery pages? Both with and without the staff untinkered, in the meat pasting case? Thanks :D