bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Mr_Crac

Also also, why does the script keep complaining that I do not have a shield, when in fact I have a perfectly good hot plate in my inventory?

BCC: You don't have a shield. It might be better to get one.

Winterbay

Also also, why does the script keep complaining that I do not have a shield, when in fact I have a perfectly good hot plate in my inventory?

Can you equip it? The check is "is the item a shield" and if so "can we equip it", I agree that having the same error message might be confusing, but the fact it that if you cannot equip the shield you have you do in fact not have a shield.

Theraze

Any chance you've put it into your closet or something else similar? Or even, were wearing it?

The check specifically parses the contents of get_inventory() which means that if you are wearing it, or have it in your closet, or have removed it from inventory in any other way... it won't find it, and it will complain righteously.

Uli

Hey, a few areas where this script has been stopping recently, not sure if these have been brought to anyone's attention (or maybe it's a screw up on my end with some other scripts that are running):

Opening the ballroom. I have had the script consistently tell me I needed to stop and open the ballroom. It unlocks the library, but then seems to stop there.

Maximizing for the cold resistance on the Icy Peak. It stops the script and tells me it cannot get there, but when I open the maximizer, it is all set to equip the parrot and what have you, I just have to actually make it equip the parrot and cast elemental saucesphere or whatever it has in my maximizer.

And on the hidden city, it cuts through the vines, but then it hangs on all of the options to put your head in the impression. After you manually open all the areas, it is successfully getting the book of matches, but then it stops. That just may be how far along the script is atm, but just giving an update on the matches thing.

Thanks again for the fantastic script, and even with these stopping the script, the script is still fantastic.

Theraze

1) TPTB moved the manor into a place. Since whenever I updated it yesterday, Ballroom should open properly again.
2) Have you set a 100% familiar? That means that the parrot would be disallowed.
3a) So set them.
3b) Yes. It stops after the matches.

Theraze

Unrelated to the last bit. Question on the aliases.
Code:
	if (load_current_map("bcs_aliases", aliaslist) || get_property("bcasc_lastAliasVersion") != bcasc_version) {
is the current "set aliases" bit. This looks wrong. It's setting if your aliases aren't the same version or if the alias map was loaded, either one. I think it's probably supposed to be:
Code:
	if (load_current_map("bcs_aliases", aliaslist) && get_property("bcasc_lastAliasVersion") != bcasc_version) {
so that it only sets new aliases if you can both load up the alias list AND if it's different from what it already aliased. Or am I misunderstanding? I don't want to break something if it's actually this way on purpose...

Uli

1) Not sure when you updated, but this happened last night when I was running the script around 9:00 PM PST. If you updated after that, disregard and thank you!

2) Definitely not 100% familiar runs...BBB is switching through all of my familiars for drops...maybe it's a glitch between the two scripts.

3a) No problem setting the choices, but many of the choices happen automatically in the script, so just giving feedback if that was not the intended goal.

3b) Sounds great, thanks.

Winterbay

Unrelated to the last bit. Question on the aliases.
Code:
    if (load_current_map("bcs_aliases", aliaslist) || get_property("bcasc_lastAliasVersion") != bcasc_version) {
is the current "set aliases" bit. This looks wrong. It's setting if your aliases aren't the same version or if the alias map was loaded, either one. I think it's probably supposed to be:
Code:
    if (load_current_map("bcs_aliases", aliaslist) && get_property("bcasc_lastAliasVersion") != bcasc_version) {
so that it only sets new aliases if you can both load up the alias list AND if it's different from what it already aliased. Or am I misunderstanding? I don't want to break something if it's actually this way on purpose...

I think you are correct. However, do we update bcasc_version now that the script lives through SVN? Perhaps that should be changed to look at the SVN revision rather than the script version?

Theraze

Eh, I'd be happiest to have the bcasc_version just get bumped everytime we update the aliases, since the only other thing we use it for is on the api request and it's fairly certain that TPTB don't really care about if we're sending rev 55 or rev 555 to them.

bumcheekcity

Agreed. There's now no use for bcasc_version except for determining whether we should refresh the aliases, so that's a good idea to just arbitrarily increase this by 0.01 or something when that needs updating.

Mr_Crac

The check specifically parses the contents of get_inventory() which means that if you are wearing it, or have it in your closet, or have removed it from inventory in any other way... it won't find it, and it will complain righteously.

Indeed I had the shield equipped, which apparently counts as not having a shield at all. Seems a little kafkaesque. ;)

May I suggest the following change then:
1.) Either check both the inventory and what the player has currently equipped (preferrably this),
2.) or first do an "unequip all" and then get_inventory().

Why? Because it makes more sense that way. :)

Theraze

Fixed that. Bumped the script version. Unfortunately that makes it think that there's a script up (or actually down) grade, since the OP has the version number. Eh.

Story

It seems like the script doesn't recognize the folder holder. For example, if you have the holographic fractal folder, it would make the elemental resistance tests super easy. Then again, it looks like mafia doesn't recognize the folder at all either, at least when using things like "modifier maximizer".

Mr_Crac

By the way, is there an estimate which Level 12 sidequest is worth doing with the script and which is not?
It seems e.g. that letting the script do the Arena (which it does via the Guy made of bees) takes forever - I think I'm gonna skip that in future runs.

Oh wait. Is that how it is supposed to be? I think one cycle should be enough?
Searching in the KoLmafia logfile from today:

Search "You need to say" (46 hits in 1 file)
D:\Programme\KoLmafia\sessions\mr_crac_20130923.txt (46 hits)
Line 1835: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 5 more times.
Line 1950: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 5 more times.
Line 1965: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 4 more times.
Line 2009: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 4 more times.
Line 2024: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 3 more times.
Line 2059: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 3 more times.
Line 2074: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Line 2113: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Line 2168: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Line 2200: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Line 2232: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.
Line 2276: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.
Line 2296: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.
Line 2311: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 5 more times.
Line 2365: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 5 more times.
Line 2386: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 4 more times.
Line 2417: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 3 more times.
Line 2475: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Line 2557: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Line 2701: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Line 2716: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.
Line 2741: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.
Line 2788: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.
Line 2820: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.
Line 2855: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 5 more times.
Line 2872: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 5 more times.
Line 2887: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 4 more times.
Line 2962: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 3 more times.
Line 3010: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 3 more times.
Line 3052: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 3 more times.
Line 3079: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 3 more times.
Line 3118: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 3 more times.
Line 3229: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 3 more times.
Line 3366: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Line 3382: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Line 3400: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.
Line 3417: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.
Line 3432: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 5 more times.
Line 3447: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 4 more times.
Line 3492: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 4 more times.
Line 3525: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 4 more times.
Line 3541: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 4 more times.
Line 3613: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 4 more times.
Line 3644: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 3 more times.
Line 3690: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Line 3721: > BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.

Hmm. The script spent turns 1009 through 1111 of my ascension in the Haunted Bathroom, but aborting and visiting the Arena manually (in the Frat Warrior outfit) shows that the sidequest has not been completed.

Has anybody experienced this as well?

Last edited:

Theraze

If you manually hit the GMoB and don't throw your fliers, you've basically doomed the auto-completion of that. If your CCS will throw fliers normally, you can still get out of it without dooming it forever, but... otherwise it's all about finishing it up yourself. :) Then it should be fine after.