bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

I had a similiar issue with groar, but WHAM does a decent job against him, if you have some combat skills. Better than the consult script, anyway.

Small request- the clover adv in the giants' basement drops all letters. So... don't hunt for pr0n's, even if "telescope as you go" is true? (unless the run is cloverless, naturally). Or, at the very least, maximize items when doing it? (it didn't even cast phat loot! Blasphemy!)

Did you have more than 5k meat? If not the script will not change the mood, but it should've maximized for items none the less.

Also, there are a multitude of clover adventures that could be used but only a limited amount of clovers and personally I find using them to powerlevel is a better use.

Small request- the clover adv in the giants' basement drops all letters. So... don't hunt for pr0n's, even if "telescope as you go" is true? (unless the run is cloverless, naturally). Or, at the very least, maximize items when doing it? (it didn't even cast phat loot! Blasphemy!)

AWESOME! I'll have to remember this for my last 2 HCO runs (on DB now, doing AT next). I wasted a few adventures going back for letters on my last run and I had a couple extra clovers left.

If I'm missing a lot of letters, that clover used for the letters would save a lot of adventures. I sometimes use one for a blessed box too, if I know exactly what I need and don't want to waste adventures trying to get it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
For someone with both smooth and sonata permed, I think powerleveling is one of the worst uses for a clover, if you ignore the options that are just throwing away the clover.

Theraze

Yeah... as someone without Mr. A items for Yellow Ray-likes, I'd much rather skip the 40 adventures farming out something that has a guaranteed-1-turn-clover option. Especially when BIG runs come into it. Even normally, I tend to spend less adventures levelling up than farming for items...

Didn't know about the 5k meat and mood thing, but I guess that's why it's stopped aborting when it ran out of meat for hair spray, so that's a good thing!
About the clovers- I did some (very) rough math, and I think that even with just source of -combat, a clover only saves 3 turns of powerleveling (this is for muscle classes, but ballroom and bathroom should be in that ballpark too). The more sources of -combat, the less apealing it becomes to cloverlevel.

For comparison, almost any clover adventure relevant to ascension is better than 3, and the one for letters is actually worth 7 (assuming you cap the drop and have all other letters. It's even better if you don't). See numbers:
http://www.alliancefromhell.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5549

SaucySam

I received this from the script today:

"The string "Outskirts of The Knob" no longer matches a location name; use "The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob" instead
The string "Bat Hole Entryway" no longer matches a location name; use "The Bat Hole Entrance" instead
The string "Giant Castle (basement)" no longer matches a location name; use "Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement)" instead
The string "Outskirts of The Knob" no longer matches a location name; use "The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob" instead
The string "Bat Hole Entryway" no longer matches a location name; use "The Bat Hole Entrance" instead
the knob shaft
the knob shaft (mining)
Multiple matches against Knob Shaft.
Bad location value: "Knob Shaft" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 3272)"

Is this user error? If so, what did I screw up?

Thanks!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It's due to updating mafia. You can change "Knob Shaft" to "The Knob Shaft" and ignore the rest of it for now, until a script update is released.

Problems with back 40 as well and those stopped the script so ignoring it isn't feasible.

I think the items Razorsoup listed for CanAdv here include everything I saw in bccascend before I decided to revert the mafia build and let someone with commit access to bccascend fix things.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Latest version from SF and KoLmafia 12275. I think this is a BCCAscend problem, but I could be wrong.

Running BCCAscend (BIG!, well skilled Turtle Tamer) and clearing out the Crypt. When the Skull, Skull, Skull adventure is encountered it goes into a loop. I could not break out of the loop with Stop Now, but had to actually Exit KoLmafia. When I logged in again I was (as expected) directed to that choice adventure. KoLmafia believes it is supposed to skip that adventure and the log snippet below confirms that.

Encounter: Skull, Skull, Skull
Took choice 155/4: skip adventure

Ideas?

Theraze

I had mafia loop on the Duffel on the Double (575/2, I believe) choiceAdv as well yesterday. Wasn't skipping anymore. Maybe TPTB changed the skip option for missions in general as an unannounced trivial?

Winterbay

I just ran in to that same choiceAdv (skull skull skull) and clicked it via the mini-browser. The choice is apparently 5 now:
Code:
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=155&option=5&choiceform5=Leave+the+skulls+alone

Code:
[COLOR=olive]> prefref 155[/COLOR]

choiceAdventure155      (user, now '4', default 4)

Choice 4 does apparently no longer exist.

Edit: r294 fixes that (by setting 155 to 5 it is set to 4)

Last edited:

Winterbay

I need to remember that.

Does the change require any changes to mafia? Are there spoilers related to the choice, for example?

Thanks.

I should mention that I had to kill the java-process to get to do anything just as you. That said, I'm not sure if anything needs to change, but I guess the choice-picker will need to be updated to set 5 rather than 4.

Theraze

Should probably have a silent conversion of 4 to 5 as well, so it doesn't infinite loop for anyone who already has it set.

Ethelred

I had mafia loop on the Duffel on the Double (575/2, I believe) choiceAdv as well yesterday. Wasn't skipping anymore. Maybe TPTB changed the skip option for missions in general as an unannounced trivial?

and

I just ran in to that same choiceAdv (skull skull skull) and clicked it via the mini-browser. The choice is apparently 5 now:
Code:
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=155&option=5&choiceform5=Leave+the+skulls+alone

Code:
[COLOR=olive]> prefref 155[/COLOR]

choiceAdventure155      (user, now '4', default 4)

Choice 4 does apparently no longer exist.

Edit: r294 fixes that (by setting 155 to 5 it is set to 4)

It seems likely that these are both related to the clan hot dog stand. The one for the eXtreme Slope allegedly yields a jar of frostigkraut when certain conditions are met. Just what those conditions are have not yet been revealed/discovered/figured out. Perhaps the one with skull, skull, skull leads to the debonair deboner to unlock the sly dog. Haven't seen a source for that one yet, although I haven't kept up with the KoL forums today. Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws.

Edit: The New Content thread for the Hot Dog Stand already discusses these and more.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Not sure where the problem lies so posting here.

This has happened on two different runs. BCCAscend tries to untinker the dictionary. Something pops up and says KoLmafia thinks the quest has not been completed - would I like KoLmafia to do so? I say yes. After watching too many turns get burned in the Knoll, I abort. I manually visit the Untinkerer and get thanked for finding the screwdriver. My hypothesis is that either the screwdriver already in inventory is not being checked or something is using the quest completed variable and not realizing that the failure to return with the screwdriver leaves the quest uncompleted.

Thanks.