bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

I'm going to likely spin a new version in the next week so that we have clean code for the next challenge path. Just a heads up.

Winterbay

I'm really thankful for the script.

One minor naggle: it seems to have issues planting the bean to open the beanstalk areas. Not a huge deal to click and open it, but I thought I should mention it so it is on your radar.

What are the circumstances where you experience this? I've made several runs recently and not had a single problem with that.

I'm going to likely spin a new version in the next week so that we have clean code for the next challenge path. Just a heads up.

Seeing as the script has managed 4 <1000 turn runs in my last 5, 3 of which were 5 day runs in zombie hardcore for me recently and at least this challenge path is working nicely.

Last edited:

Theraze

One minor naggle: it seems to have issues planting the bean to open the beanstalk areas. Not a huge deal to click and open it, but I thought I should mention it so it is on your radar.

My guess is that the un-given piece of information, very important, is that dangerpin is doing BHY runs. Which disable using the enchanted Bean.

The Rinn Level 10 current uses this to plant the bean instead:
Code:
				buffer page = visit_url("place.php?whichplace=plains&action=garbage_grounds");

Uli

I'm messing around in Way of The Surprising Fist runs and when running the script, I get this error:

BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [knob].
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
0 combinations checked, best score 20.25 (FAIL)
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.
Maximizing...
0 combinations checked, best score 20.25 (FAIL)
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
Maximizing...

Winterbay

What does the maximizer tell you it is trying to do? (Open up the maximizer and copy the string presented at the top)

Uli

I will have to check after rollover. I just copy and pasted what was repeating over and over in the cli.

Seeing as the script has managed 4 <1000 turn runs in my last 5, 3 of which were 5 day runs in zombie hardcore for me recently and at least this challenge path is working nicely.

I just finished today a 5 day, sub 1000 turn run with the script. I had Zomg WTF up about level 8+ or somewhere around there. :D

Uli

What does the maximizer tell you it is trying to do? (Open up the maximizer and copy the string presented at the top)

Here's what's in the maximizer:

0 beeosity, mainstat 36 max, +equip continuum transfunctioner +item drop -equip spangly sombrero -melee +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max

I am doing a 100% run with an organ grinder, in case the problem is with the spangly sombrero reference.

jamfan14

encountered this error:

Maximizing...
28 combinations checked, best score -53.12
Putting on right bear arm...
That item may not be equipped while you are in Hardcore mode.
KoLmafia declares world peace.

this is what it is trying to maximize:
30 beeosity, mainstat 16 max, +melee -10 ml +muscle experience

zombie slayer - hardcore

any suggestions?

just started encountering this error this ascension.

Theraze

Here's what's in the maximizer:

0 beeosity, mainstat 36 max, +equip continuum transfunctioner +item drop -equip spangly sombrero -melee +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max

Do you have, when it's giving the error, both the continuum transfunctioner and a ranged weapon? Those are the two possible 'fail' points in there.

Uli

Do you have, when it's giving the error, both the continuum transfunctioner and a ranged weapon? Those are the two possible 'fail' points in there.

I don't understand. It's a Way of the Fist run, so no weapons at all. I have ranged weapons in my inventory from drops, of course, as well as the transfunctioner.

Winterbay

Also, as the transfunctioner is now an accessory I think that problem shouldn't actually be a problem any longer surely?

Theraze

No, but the problem is requesting a ranged weapon when weapons are disallowed. It was changed at some point to force -[1 ]melee and +[1 ]melee to actually require the item. If in a way of fist run, where melee and ranged weapons are not allowed, that WILL fail every time.

I believe that +-.5 melee will recommend that it uses the weapon type, but not force it. Possible problem: might end up with no weapon in an allowed run where it ends up killing you.

Uli

No, but the problem is requesting a ranged weapon when weapons are disallowed. It was changed at some point to force -[1 ]melee and +[1 ]melee to actually require the item. If in a way of fist run, where melee and ranged weapons are not allowed, that WILL fail every time.

I believe that +-.5 melee will recommend that it uses the weapon type, but not force it. Possible problem: might end up with no weapon in an allowed run where it ends up killing you.

Is there something I can edit in the script so I can do these Fist runs?

Theraze

There's 3 +melee and 3 -melee sections. Change them each to +0.5 melee and -0.5 melee and it should run properly again.