bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

Well, the hammer gives more mainstat and makes it easier to hit stuff so it'd probably be better to have it on, but I think it only does this when backfarming but I may be wrong.

bumcheekcity

Assuming that it's correctly calculating the minimum muscle and then ignoring the rest, it's working fine in my book. If it's equipping the prop and then you can't hit stuff, that's unintended behaviour. if you're hitting stuff with the prop, that's what the script should be doing.

Anyone else see this every ascension for the last few? If I click into the area I can then fire up the script again and it works. It's like it's forgetting to click once into the circle after completing the friar's quest.

Code:
Request 1 of 52 (Pandamonium: Hey Deze Arena) in progress...
You can't get to that area.

BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing 'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

Rowah

We humbly request that you add the Bloovian Groose to the datafile, for the purposes of meat-gathering and blood-faced volleyball stat boosting. Spleen is already taken care of from what I read.

With lots of wet, mushy love,

The KoL fanbase

Winterbay

We humbly request that you add the Bloovian Groose to the datafile, for the purposes of meat-gathering and blood-faced volleyball stat boosting. Spleen is already taken care of from what I read.

With lots of wet, mushy love,

The KoL fanbase

Until that gets done I suggest you add your groose as yoru "default familiar" in the relay script which will make the script use it instead of the default stat-familiar at least :)

Guimoiun

Why would you want to micromanage the script like this? It's an honest question, not a criticism. Plenty of people ask this kind of question in the thread, but since using the hilarious prop over bjorn's hammer doesn't really change anything, why bother?

Assuming that it's correctly calculating the minimum muscle and then ignoring the rest, it's working fine in my book. If it's equipping the prop and then you can't hit stuff, that's unintended behaviour. if you're hitting stuff with the prop, that's what the script should be doing.

It says that it needs x mainstat, equips the prop, says that it needs y basestat to buff up to that level, and goes leveling. Using the other equipment makes it able to reach the mainstat requirement, but it spends turns instead.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Anyone else see this every ascension for the last few? If I click into the area I can then fire up the script again and it works. It's like it's forgetting to click once into the circle after completing the friar's quest.

Code:
Request 1 of 52 (Pandamonium: Hey Deze Arena) in progress...
You can't get to that area.

BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing 'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

I'm seeing several areas where I don't think BCC is operating on the correct status of open areas and finished quests but I have not had time to isolate and localize where they are and make a proper report.

Crowther

I noticed the piano cat is too low in those files. If I remember right, it's below the grouper, instead of up with the other two MrA familiars. Or at least it was. I edited my own copy and I'm not sure how those files are distributed. I'm betting there's other problems there too, but who can keep track of so many familiars!

Fwoosh

Wondering if Bumcheekascend will handle the semi-rares automatically as well? (I'm currently using Bale's CounterChecker but I have to keep a close watch on the counter and abort when its near because bumcheekascend just keeps going regardless :p )

Also, how well does it unlock the hidden city? I had 7 stone wool in my inventory and it unlocked the hidden city the hard way (adv till the choice advs come up...proceed from there etc)

Just wondering if im doing anything wrong :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
AFAIK the release version does not know about stone wool. Dunno about the counter stuff but do recall discussion occurred, just not content.

Ferdawoon

Anything I can tweak to fix that?
I went into the script, searched for the +5 mp max, (or whatever it is that appear at the end of the maximizer list. Notice that +max mp regen appear twice. Once with +0.5 and at the end of the line with +5) and deleted the two +5 parts.

Why would you want to micromanage the script like this? It's an honest question, not a criticism. Plenty of people ask this kind of question in the thread, but since using the hilarious prop over bjorn's hammer doesn't really change anything, why bother?
For me it is because of the symbiosis with WHAM. With a low power weapon, WHAM resort to spellslinging and being a Seal Clubber with a low max MP and no gear that boost spellslinging (not to mention I have only just recently perm'd attack spells), it drain MP and even worse, it macro up too many spells to be able to kill stuffs so that the last ones give me a bad error loop where I don't have enough MP to continue, which give me sessionlog of a hundred Mb if I don't pay attention and stop it.
It is also as Winterbay say, it is easier to hit things, resulting in faster kills, resulting in me getting hit for less, meaning less MP and meat and items spent on restoration.
If I have the prop on, it can take me up to 10 rounds of autoattacking to kill an average monster of my current level at the time. With a better weapon I can do it in 1-2 rounds. Sure I dont get hit for more than a few HP per round, but it adds up over time. If you are new into HC runs you dont have many defensive or restorative skills permed, and I can see that being an issue if Meat is spent on restoring HP and MP.
The powerleveling to get level ups and to reach acceptable levels of hit/miss is of Basestat, so with +Mainstat bonuses (Muscle in this case) it is much easier to hit the mobs, hit them harder and survive easier.

Wondering if Bumcheekascend will handle the semi-rares automatically as well? (I'm currently using Bale's CounterChecker but I have to keep a close watch on the counter and abort when its near because bumcheekascend just keeps going regardless :p )
Ehhm, maybe I have nicked something from Winterbay but my BCA and CounterChecker handle Semi-rares just fine. It is just the items and not any special encounters, that's true, but I'm not optimal enough to bother too much about semirares except to get good buff items for later (the +Meat item for the nuns for example) and good food and booze. It even try to eat another Fortune cookie if Fullness allow it :D

Theraze

Fwoosh has CC set to not automate semirares, which is the problem. It's giving an informative message and a soft abort, which get ignored by BCA as it wanders on to the next exciting adventure. In your case, it works fine since you're actually automating and automating (BCA and CC) instead of automating and manual together. :)

slyz

Developer
The powerleveling to get level ups and to reach acceptable levels of hit/miss is of Basestat, so with +Mainstat bonuses (Muscle in this case) it is much easier to hit the mobs, hit them harder and survive easier.
Ok. I thought the script leveled up until your buffed attack stat was enough to plink the monsters (+ML included).

Guimoiun

It's also completely unnecessary for me to have the MP regen, because the script is running with slimeling or rogue program for most adventures, and using clobber to kill monsters. Ferdawoon's deal has the script acting more like I expected, and I imagine that the default settings will work better and better as I get more skills.

Winterbay

Ok. I thought the script leveled up until your buffed attack stat was enough to plink the monsters (+ML included).

It does, unless you set the "ignore safe moxie in HC" option to true in which case it doesn't :)

I'll be tweaking the maximizer strings over the next few days.

Ferdawoon

It does, unless you set the "ignore safe moxie in HC" option to true in which case it doesn't :)
Ehhm wooops. I set that one to True a looong time ago during AoB because with Broadside I could handle mobs easily anyway =)
I just assumed that since it mention basestat, that was what it went by.

lightwolf

So i did something odd today, which was to try and do the island war as a hippy (i wanted pies!)

Started the day with first thing to start at the nuns. It proceded to equip upc stickers on my sticker sword (overriding the unicorns i was using for pvp... should have seen that coming but ok.) It then went and neglected to equip the now upc sticker weapon, or anything else, and tried to adventure in the bandits with my rollover gear and low moxie.

Code:
Level 12 Starting
BCC: We     have not completed the stage [warstage_orchard].
BCC:     Starting SideQuest 'orchard'
Putting on outfit: War Hippy     Fatigues
Equipment changed.
BCC: We have not     completed the stage [warstage_dooks].
BCC:     Starting SideQuest 'dooks'
You acquire megatofu (3)
BCC:     We have not completed the stage [warstage_nuns].
BCC:     Starting SideQuest 'nuns'
BCC:     doSideQuest(Nuns)
BCC: Trying to check     bcs_fam_meat on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking     for familiar 'Hobo Monkey' where x=1
Putting Shreder the     Disembodied Hand back into terrarium...
Taking Permit the Hobo Monkey     out of terrarium...
Using 1 Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler...
You     acquire an effect: Sinuses For Miles (duration: 10 Adventures)
Finished     using 1 Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler.
Using 1 red snowcone...
You     acquire an effect: Red Tongue (duration: 20 Adventures)
Finished using     1 red snowcone.
You need 1 more thin black candle to     continue.
Using 1 "DRINK ME" potion...
You acquire     an effect: Down the Rabbit Hole (duration: 20 Adventures)
Finished     using 1 "DRINK ME" potion.
Putting on filthy knitted dread     sack...
Equipment changed.
Getting Dances with Tweedles (+40% Meat     from Monsters) from the Mad Tea Party...
Encounter: The Mad Tea Party
You     acquire an effect: Dances with Tweedles (duration: 30 Adventures)
Putting     on reinforced beaded headband...
Equipment changed.
Using 2 pink     candy heart...
You acquire an effect: Heart of Pink (duration: 20     Adventures)
Finished using 2 pink candy heart.
Set mood trigger:     When I run low on Polka of Plenty, cast 1 The Polka of Plenty
Set mood     trigger: When I run low on Empathy, cast 1 Empathy of the Newt
Set mood     trigger: When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
Set     mood trigger: When I run low on Wasabi Sinuses, use 1 Knob Goblin nasal     spray
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Heavy Petting, use 1 Knob     Goblin pet-buffing spray
BCC: Maximizing 'nuns'
Unrecognized     keyword: nuns
Unable to meet all requirements     via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further     suggestions.
Conditions list cleared.
Putting on scratch 'n' sniff     UPC sticker...
Equipment changed.
Putting on scratch 'n' sniff UPC     sticker...
Equipment changed.
Putting on scratch 'n' sniff UPC     sticker...
Equipment changed.
Shrugging off your buff...
Ode to     Booze removed.
Casting The Polka of Plenty 1 times...
You acquire an     effect: Polka of Plenty (duration: 15 Adventures)
The Polka of Plenty     was successfully cast.
Purchasing Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray (1 @     250)...
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray
You spent     250 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 1 Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray...
You     acquire an effect: Heavy Petting (duration: 10 Adventures)
Finished     using 1 Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray.
Purchasing Knob Goblin nasal     spray (1 @ 150)...
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin nasal spray
You     spent 150 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 1 Knob Goblin nasal spray...
You     acquire an effect: Wasabi Sinuses (duration: 10 Adventures)
Finished     using 1 Knob Goblin nasal spray.
Mood swing complete.

_meatpermp     => 4.347826
_meatperhp => 0.576826
Checking for updates     (running Universal Recovery ver. 3.9.4)...
_version_BalesUniversalRecovery     => 3.9.4
You have a current version of Universal Recovery.

Visit     to IsleWar: Themthar Hills in progress...

[1027] Themthar Hills
Encounter:     dirty thieving brigand
Strategy: C:\game\kol\ccs\Lightwolf.ccs [default]
Round     0: lightwolf wins initiative!
Round 1: lightwolf executes a macro!
Round     1: lightwolf attacks!
You gain 58 Meat.
You lose 11 hit points
Round     2: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round 3: lightwolf     attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round 4: lightwolf attacks!
You     lose 11 hit points
Round 5: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round     6: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 12 hit points
Round 7: lightwolf     attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round 8: lightwolf attacks!
Round 9: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round     10: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round 11: lightwolf     attacks!
You lose 10 hit points
Round 12: lightwolf attacks!
Round     13: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 12 hit points
Round 14: lightwolf     attacks!
Round 15: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 7 hit points
You     lose 10 hit points
Round 16: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 12 hit     points
Round 17: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
You     lose an effect: Beaten Up

Restoring HP!     Currently at 10 of 201 HP, 162 of 198 MP, current meat: 56012 ... Target     HP = 191.
Visiting Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You     gain 191 hit points
BCC: Nunmeat retrieved: 0     Estimated adventures remaining: 16
Mood swing complete.

Visit     to IsleWar: Themthar Hills in progress...

[1028] Themthar Hills
Encounter:     dirty thieving brigand
Strategy: C:\game\kol\ccs\Lightwolf.ccs [default]
Round     0: lightwolf wins initiative!
Round     1: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round 2: lightwolf     attacks!
You lose 10 hit points
Round 3: lightwolf attacks!
You     gain 89 Meat.
You lose 10 hit points
You lose 11 hit points
Round 7: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 10 hit     points
Round 8: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round 9: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 10 hit points
Round     10: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 10 hit points
Round 11: lightwolf     attacks!
You lose 4 hit points
You lose 10 hit points
Round 12:     lightwolf attacks!
You lose 10 hit points
Round 13: lightwolf     attacks!
Round 14: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 10 hit points
Round     15: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round 16: lightwolf     attacks!
You lose 10 hit points
Round 17: lightwolf attacks!
Round 18: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 11 hit     points
Round 19: lightwolf attacks!
Round 20: lightwolf wins the     fight!
The nuns take 7,509 Meat; 7,509 recovered, 92,491 left to     recover.
You gain 16 Strengthliness
You gain 10 Enchantedness
You     gain 19 Roguishness

Restoring HP! Currently     at 22 of 201 HP, 162 of 198 MP, current meat: 56101 ... Target HP = 191.
Visiting     Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You gain 179 hit points
BCC:     Nunmeat retrieved: 7509 Estimated adventures remaining: 15
Purchasing     hair spray (5 @ 24)...
You acquire hair spray (5)
You spent 120 Meat
Purchases     complete.
Using 5 hair spray...
You acquire an effect: Butt-Rock     Hair (duration: 15 Adventures)
Finished using 5 hair spray.
Mood     swing complete.

Visit to IsleWar: Themthar Hills in progress...

[1029]     Themthar Hills
Encounter: dirty thieving brigand
Strategy:     C:\game\kol\ccs\Lightwolf.ccs [default]
Round 0: lightwolf wins     initiative!
Round 1: lightwolf     attacks!
You gain 93 Meat.
Round 2: lightwolf attacks!
You lose     10 hit points
You lose 9 hit points
You lose 5 hit points
You lose 11 hit points
Round     7: lightwolf attacks!
Round 8: lightwolf wins the fight!
Your     familiar gains a pound: Permit, the 3 lb. Hobo Monkey
The nuns take     6,791 Meat; 14,300 recovered, 85,700 left to recover.
You gain 7     Muscleboundness
You gain 10 Mysteriousness
You gain 29 Chutzpah

BCC:     Nunmeat retrieved: 14300 Estimated adventures remaining: 14
Mood     swing complete.

Visit to IsleWar: Themthar Hills in progress...

[1030]     Themthar Hills
Encounter: dirty thieving brigand
Strategy:     C:\game\kol\ccs\Lightwolf.ccs [default]
Round 0: lightwolf wins     initiative!
Round 1: lightwolf     attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round 2: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 11 hit points
Round     4: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 10 hit points
Round 5: lightwolf     attacks!
You gain 97 Meat.
Round 6: lightwolf wins the fight!
The     nuns take 5,670 Meat; 19,970 recovered, 80,030 left to recover.
You     gain 6 Fortitude
You gain 12 Enchantedness
You gain 29 Cheek

BCC:     Nunmeat retrieved: 19970 Estimated adventures remaining: 13
KoLmafia     declares world peace.

It equipped the hippy war uniform, but left the chrome crossbow, and left my shirt/acc slots empty.

Fwoosh

Fwoosh has CC set to not automate semirares, which is the problem. It's giving an informative message and a soft abort, which get ignored by BCA as it wanders on to the next exciting adventure. In your case, it works fine since you're actually automating and automating (BCA and CC) instead of automating and manual together. :)

Ah I see, here I was thinking that BCA had its own way of managing the semi-rares and that CC was interfering with it- In that case I'll set CC to get semirares during HC, irrelevant semirares are better than no semirares :p