bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

I will upload a patch later this evening that fixes a problem with levelling that I just ran into (or if you want to I can copy my code here). If you get poisoned before levelMe() is called the calculation of how many stats it needs to get gets totally screwed up (which I discovered today when it spent 150 turns in the Barrr due to me having been majorly poisoned when the function got called so it thought it needed 64 mainstats instead of just a few or possibly none.

morgad

morgad, would you consider adding your changes to the script on sourceforge? I'd like to integrate as many as possible.

BCC,
all the changes I have are already posted on sourceforge with my bug reports andfeature requests

* stop consuming spleen items [bug #3439545 - posted inline]

* fix the cosmetic bug with my previous telescope code [bug# 3433612 - 0002-fix-the-cosmetic-bug-in-my-original-telescope-patch-so.txt]

* improve the telescope code to always tell you what you want, even if it won't get it for you bug# 3433612 - 0003-make-the-autoadventure-for-tower-items-explict-rather.txt]

* fix a typo so that we get the 1000 meat from the guild [bug # 3418063 - posted inline]

my current BCA run gave me a new record turncount - 980 turns in 4 days + 30 turns, but I don't know why it suddendly improved by 30 turns :/

I am currently doing my annual crimbo run for a a telecope peice and a lvl 30 trophy, so won't be running BCA again until Janurary)

best regards
Dave

Winterbay

I've uploaded two patches:
1) Don't level if poisoned (or rather use an antiantiantidote and then level, just like we uneffect beaten up)
2) All other changes I've made. If you find anything useful feel free to use it (for example I changed all "Riff" to "Rinn" since I doubt that Riff has had anything to do with your script :))

Winterbay

Winterbay, the second patch just crashes TortoiseSVN, could it have become corrupted or something? First patch not a problem.

Odd, since I created it with Tortoise as well. I'll have to look at it when I get home this evening or possibly tomorrow and see if I can re-create it (no access to development tools on my work computer).

Winterbay

Ok, I've reuploaded (and re-created) the second patch file. It still does some really odd things, I may just have to take parts at a time instead. The patch shows diffs in places I am most certain I have never touched so if this one also doesn't work I'll try another way.

bumcheekcity

Yeah, it's pretty weird. I'm integrating manually, it's still a lot easier with the diff file than otherwise, so it's not a big issue. Feel free to just make revisions, I've given you write access.

The only thing I'm not 100% on is the changes to the clover usage when levelling. What is it supposed to fix/change?

I'm committing changes at r12 and spinning version 0.36 to quickly get Trendy support as well as various bugfixes out there.

Last edited:

Winterbay

The main part of it was to make sure you actually used cloves in bees-runs. I seem to recall it failed to use them for some reason (I think it put them all into the closet and then failed to take them out, but I may be wrong). I'm not sure if the other part does anything different actually, if it does I am not sure what it is and it can probably safely be ignored :)

bazo0ka

Had a mishap with a 100% familiar run. The script didn't equip the familiar until after finishing the guild quest. This was version 0.35. I haven't checked 0.36. Not sure if I did something to cause it or if it's something in the script. Sorry I can't give more info.

Code:
 > ******************
 > Ascending Starting
 > ******************
 > Doing a check for Telescope Items
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair2].
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
 > BCC: You haven't completed the stage '' for the  for telescope part 7
 > BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'bats1' for the sonar-in-a-biscuit for telescope part 6
 > BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'macguffinpyramid' for the bronzed locus for telescope part 5
 > BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'trapper' for the frigid ninja stars for telescope part 4
 > BCC: You haven't completed the stage '' for the  for telescope part 3
 > BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'bats1' for the baseball for telescope part 2
 > BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'macguffinprelim' for the Black No. 2 for telescope part 1
 > Level 1 Starting
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [toot].

tutorial.php?action=toot
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [toot] and need to set it as so.
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [guild].
 > BCC: Maximizing ''

equip hat mariachi hat

equip weapon rubber band gun

pull: 1 hobo code binder

equip off-hand hobo code binder
 > BCC: The script is trying to unlock the guild quest. If this adventures forever in the starting area, type 'ash set_property("bcasc_stage_guild", my_ascensions())' into the CLI to stop it.
> Checking for updates (running Universal Recovery ver. 3.9.1)...
> You have a current version of Universal Recovery.

[1] Sleazy Back Alley
Encounter: The Entertainer
Took choice 110/4: skip adventure
choice.php?whichchoice=110&option=4&pwd

[1] Sleazy Back Alley
Encounter: Bree-Yark!
You gain 50 Meat
You gain 5 Chutzpah
 > BCC: The script is trying to unlock the guild quest. If this adventures forever in the starting area, type 'ash set_property("bcasc_stage_guild", my_ascensions())' into the CLI to stop it.

[2] Sleazy Back Alley
Encounter: big creepy spider
Round 0: bazo0ka wins initiative!
Round 1: bazo0ka executes a macro!
Round 1: bazo0ka tries to steal an item!
You acquire an item: spider web
Round 2: bazo0ka attacks!
Round 3: big creepy spider takes 10 damage.
Round 3: bazo0ka wins the fight!
You gain 6 Meat
You gain 1 Magicalness

[3] Sleazy Back Alley
Round 3: big creepy spider takes 11 damage.
You gain 7 Meat
You gain 2 Roguishness
You gain a Moxie point!

[4] Sleazy Back Alley
Round 3: big creepy spider takes 9 damage.
You gain 7 Meat
You gain 2 Roguishness

[5] Sleazy Back Alley
Encounter: drunken half-orc hobo
You acquire an item: Mad Train wine
Round 3: drunken half-orc hobo takes 8 damage.
You acquire an item: moxie weed
You gain 1 Magicalness

[6] Sleazy Back Alley
Encounter: completely different spider
Round 3: completely different spider takes 9 damage.
You gain 9 Meat
You acquire an item: spider web
You gain 2 Chutzpah

[7] Sleazy Back Alley
Encounter: Now's Your Pants!  I Mean... Your Chance!
Took choice 542/1: unknown
choice.php?whichchoice=542&option=1&pwd
You acquire an item: frilly skirt
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [knob].

equip pants old sweatpants

autosell: 1 moxie weed
You gain 100 Meat
 > BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Urchin Urchin

familiar Urchin Urchin (6 lbs)
 > BCC: Checking the ASCII, a is false and b is false
mcd 0
 > BCC: Let's get the Encryption Key

Jar of Jam

Any particular reason why the script may have decided to get the KGE outfit after the quest has already been completed with a harem outfit ? Even if the script wants daily stats and meat, it's not really worth it, is it ? ( HC, Trendy, 0.36, r10049 )

BCC: Yay, we have all three items. I'm off to perform the ritual!

[390] Friar Ceremony Location
Taint cleansed.
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_friars => 14
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
32 combinations checked, best score 5.686492
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=2
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=3
Putting Pun the Smiling Rat back into terrarium...
Taking Lord Dark Helmet the Slimeling out of terrarium...
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
BCC: Getting the KGE Outfit

Frodo Eldwist

There seems to be a problem with the war hippy outfit in the script. I get this:

BCC: Maximizing '+outfit war hippy'
Unknown or custom outfit: war hippy
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

The outfit is complete in my inventory, so maybe it's something with the name (War Hippy Fatigues)?

Winterbay

There seems to be a problem with the war hippy outfit in the script. I get this:

The outfit is complete in my inventory, so maybe it's something with the name (War Hippy Fatigues)?

The command "should" work. Unless you can't equip parts of it for whatever reason I can't say what could be wrong. I'll have to try and do the war as a hippy next time around to see if I can reproduce it.

Also, what's your class and stats?

Frodo Eldwist

I'm playing as DB this run. I have done most runs as frat, so had not encountered it before. Stats are no problem. I can equip the outfit from the graphical interface.
I've been playing around with the script and when I change 'war hippy' into 'war hippy fatiques' on a couple of places it does work.
I think though, that it's not just the script, but a combination of things. It seems I have created a custom outfit once that contains war hippy in it's name. I don't have all the equipment for that now, so it seems the script uses that outfit and gets stuck.

bumcheekcity

I'm playing as DB this run. I have done most runs as frat, so had not encountered it before. Stats are no problem. I can equip the outfit from the graphical interface.
I've been playing around with the script and when I change 'war hippy' into 'war hippy fatiques' on a couple of places it does work.
I think though, that it's not just the script, but a combination of things. It seems I have created a custom outfit once that contains war hippy in it's name. I don't have all the equipment for that now, so it seems the script uses that outfit and gets stuck.

When you delete that outfit, does it work?

cb11

small bug:

I got the black market map, eyes, etc by hand while I was getting my spleen drops from the boots. I didn't use them however, so when I restarted BCC it got stuck looking for the map I already had. I caught it after 25 adv or so, and just used the map by hand, but just thought you'd like to know.