bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

If you have Pumpkins, making a Bomb and fax in a 1000ML Butt and nuke it from orbit with a bomb give you quite a bit of stats. Not tried it post-Valhalla revamp as I have been in Beecore, where Pumpkin bombs are not usable, but with a Moonsign and a piece of Astral gear giving extra stats, I have a feeling it could work really nice.

bumcheekcity

I am in no way convinced of the use of the bigbutt. Once you have an astral shirt (which I'd recommend for all automated ascensions for obvious reasons) you don't start needing to level until about level 5.

Winterbay

Well, if you use your astral food/drink on day one you are also punched up the levels rather quick. And useing the astral shirt leads to not being able to use the astral statuette and who would not want to play a myst class with +50% spell damage :)

asturia

Minion
Just to validate... what version of mafia are you using, asturia? If you're using an older version, that could be why it thinks MCD has a different range than it actually does...
Good question, I can't remember.
Since I had the error, I updated to version 9563 of kolmafia.
Also all of my scripts are up to date.
Problem hasn't come back, so probably a problem with the version of kolmafia.
You can ignore my posts now, since I feel silly.
When it comes back, I'll make a new post here.

I'm hoping Bale checks this thread too since he might be an asset to comment/work on this. Version 0.28 doesn't allow CounterChecker.ash to grab semi-rares for me. I've yet to actually be able to grab a semi-rare when I want it with bumcheeckascend.ash unless it stopped for some other reason in time.

Support to break out when CounterChecker fires or the ability of bumcheeckascend.ash to keep track of fortune cookie timers would be really helpful. I've been grabbing Knob Goblin Lunchbox and Distilled Wine or Distilled Wine and Tasty Tarts on bees hate you. You could also get ascii art when orc chasm is open and then fax for an adding machine, if someone had VIP access and a fax machine and delay the level 9 quest until both those lined up (I'd make it an option in the relay browser config script). Eating another cookie after an adventure could be a relay browser option too.

I put a report in on sourceforge, I think a relay option to handle cookie counters and maybe what your default choices are would be helpful and depending on what you pick, could reduce turncount/daycount.

Valliant

So something is not quite going right with the default familiar setting. I already had my default familiar out, and when starting up the script got:

BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Slithe'.
Putting Slithe the Frumious Bandersnatch back into terrarium...

I tried renaming the default to the specific wording used in KoL Mafia, and got:

BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Slithe the Frumious Bandersnatch'.
Putting Slithe the Frumious Bandersnatch back into terrarium...

If I have no familiar it doesn't equip my default, either. I assume I'm doing something wrong here, but I can't figure out what. Help?

bumcheekcity

I'm hoping Bale checks this thread too since he might be an asset to comment/work on this. Version 0.28 doesn't allow CounterChecker.ash to grab semi-rares for me. I've yet to actually be able to grab a semi-rare when I want it with bumcheeckascend.ash unless it stopped for some other reason in time.

Support to break out when CounterChecker fires or the ability of bumcheeckascend.ash to keep track of fortune cookie timers would be really helpful. I've been grabbing Knob Goblin Lunchbox and Distilled Wine or Distilled Wine and Tasty Tarts on bees hate you. You could also get ascii art when orc chasm is open and then fax for an adding machine, if someone had VIP access and a fax machine and delay the level 9 quest until both those lined up (I'd make it an option in the relay browser config script). Eating another cookie after an adventure could be a relay browser option too.

I put a report in on sourceforge, I think a relay option to handle cookie counters and maybe what your default choices are would be helpful and depending on what you pick, could reduce turncount/daycount.

I'm guessing he'll probably concentrate on his counterChecker script thread. I'm probably right.

Give him a session log from the day (find it in your /sessions/ folder) and he may be able to help you. I can't, and there's certainly no change to 0.28 to in any way disable the counterChecker, which has worked fine for me today, throughout testing 0.28 and in the upcoming 0.29.

There won't be any semirare support added to bumcheekascend, except for recommending counterChecker.

Winterbay

I would like to request an addition to the lair-item data file to make Beecore work better (I'v eput it into my local copy but that will get overwritten when you update it on your end so not the most optimal solution...):
Code:
Gate Made of Bees	Float Like a Butterfly, Smell Like a Bee	Honeypot

Shall I add it to the sourceforge page?
(I'm still working on getting Beecore to work better (my local copy handles everything quite seamlessly at the moment) and will probably nail it in time for the next challenge run)

I have to play with this some more...and I didn't mean it started in 0.28.

I ran the script earlier today on a multi and it stopped when the counter checker fired, and in the CLI it showed where my last semi-rare was and how long before. I grabbed that, adventured once and ate another cookie so I believe it'll work fine tomorrow on that multi. If so I'll double check I'm running things the same on my main and see how it goes.

Is there a way I can call part of the script to run and only that section? Like for instance, let's say I want it to do the Liver of Steel section because I don't want to mess with doing it manually. Can I call the script from the CLI that'll do just that section and then stop?

I ask because I did a bees hate you run and I didn't use the script because it wasn't able to do various things (like using the right pirate insult book, for example) but it would be nice to have a script that can handle various steps that would speed things up (like getting liver). If I knew scripting at all I'd look at making a bees patch because you can get a lot more karma over time that way, it's just more work and also we don't know how long it'll last...it could change in a month or two when the next season (fall or spring depending on where you are at) arrives.

bumcheekcity

Yes, but it isn't easy. You can type the following into the CLI:

Code:
import <bumcheekascend v0.28.ash>; bcascFriarsSteel();

That would do the friars bit, of course. With BHY, the challenge path changes every three months, giving me a massive amount of work to support something that'll be not used for months. It was introduced May 17, so by Aug 17, there should be a new path. By the time proper BHY customisations are out there, it'll be too late and there'll be a new path.

The focus of the script will now remain:

1) HCNP Moxie Ascension as fast as possible, as automated as possible.
2) HCNP Muscle Ascension, though in reality this shouldn't be affected in any way by the above.
3) SCNP Ascension, where all the classes are treated exactly the same.
4) HCNP Mysticality
5) Casual

If next challenge path is really easy to support, I'll build in support for it happily, but BHY is kind of a dick to code for :(

Winterbay

Does adding that one line to the data file help the script in any way?

Yes, without it the script just dies at the gates and stops because it has none of the required items. There is a slight other modification of the gates code needed as well. I'll post that to SOurceforge together with the request for the addition of the line to the "official" datafile.

Is there a way I can call part of the script to run and only that section? Like for instance, let's say I want it to do the Liver of Steel section because I don't want to mess with doing it manually. Can I call the script from the CLI that'll do just that section and then stop?

I ask because I did a bees hate you run and I didn't use the script because it wasn't able to do various things (like using the right pirate insult book, for example) but it would be nice to have a script that can handle various steps that would speed things up (like getting liver). If I knew scripting at all I'd look at making a bees patch because you can get a lot more karma over time that way, it's just more work and also we don't know how long it'll last...it could change in a month or two when the next season (fall or spring depending on where you are at) arrives.

You can have my version if you want to. It is slightly more BHY-ready than 0.28 is. If used as a moxie or muscle class there is also no other modifications to the code I believe.

Winterbay

Can I have your version? I'm perfectly happy to integrate any changes into the script.

Sure. Here you go :)
It shoudl be noted that for myst classes this is changed to use my CCS since I like my version of spamattack so much I want to use it for myst as well and it also still uses the Harem-way to kill the Knob King in Beecore since I feel it makes sense :)

It should manage the bathole in bees hate you as well as climbing the tower. The knob king is somewhat interesting in that the call to bumAdv after getting perfumed up seems to want to level you up some more which is odd.

Also, included is my lairitems-file for good meassure. If someone wants to use this as it is they should make sure that their CCS is good enough to handle all combats.

schizophoenix

I got
Code:
Verifying ingredients for bone rattle (1)...
You need     1 more broken skull to continue.
BCC: Maybe     we're missing an instrument.
You need a drum,     but this script can't get any
so adventured in the Black Forest to get a kettle drum, then ran the script but saw:
Code:
Level 13 Starting
BCC: We     have not completed the stage [lair2].
BCC: We     have not completed the stage [lair2].
BCC:     We are doing the Mariachi part.
Maximizing...
72 combinations     checked, best score 254.0
Wielding black kettle drum...
Equipment     changed.
Putting on black greaves...
Equipment changed.
There     has been a problem in the mariachi section. Please report this issue and     complete the mariachi bit manually.

I realized that the script had in fact equipped the drum.

Winterbay

That... is a rather amusing error :)

The problem is that the script starts that section by maximizing hp (for the skeleton) and the drum grants extra HP and MP so it equips it.