bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bombar

I've run into a problem recently with the script.

For some reason the script keeps thinking that I need to level up my main stat to do gallery unlock:

Code:
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [manorgallery].
BCC: Maximizing ''
Need to Level up a bit to get at least 210 buffed Primestat. This means getting 19 Primestat.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Substats: 0 / 0 / 4,609
Cleared mood.

CurrentSneaky Pete, HC, Level 11 Mox: 115 Unbuffed, 191 Buffed

Found in bumAdv(location...
Code:
	int sMox = safeMox(loc);
	print("Safe Mox: " + sMox + " loc: " + loc);//Add this line to see value

Result:
Code:
Safe Mox: 201 loc: The Haunted Gallery

Figured out that is because of the ghost of elizabeth spookyraven

In safeMox(location loc) we have an if statement:
Code:
 if (freq >= 0 && mob != $monster[Guy Made of Bees] && mob != $monster[Baron von Ratsworth] ) ret = max(ret, monster_attack(mob));

can we add to that list of mobs: mob != $monster[ghost of Elizabeth Spookyraven] so it would be:
Code:
 if (freq >= 0 && mob != $monster[Guy Made of Bees] && mob != $monster[Baron von Ratsworth] &&  mob != $monster[ghost of Elizabeth Spookyraven] ) ret = max(ret, monster_attack(mob));

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Or you (Theraze or others associated with this script) could try and figure out why the "Safe Moxie" level for the Haunted Gallery is 201, when the toughest monster to be found there has an Attack of 60. Is the script trying to run with Monster Level +140 or something?

bombar

Veracity said:
Is the script trying to run with Monster Level +140 or something

Using AutoMCD only, first run as Sneaky Pete, so low skill and not running any ML, I think MCD was set to 0 even.

Well, you COULD tell it to ignore safe moxie... or you could let it level to safe moxie levels. Either way.

Ya, could unset safe moxie, didn't really know about that. This is my first run as Pete so I wasn't taking chacnes with safe moxie. I was trying to let it level to a safe moxie level, but that number just kept getting bigger and bigger, and bigger since it appears the monster in question is scaling.

That's the reason I suggested adding the monster to the list of monsters we ignore when checking safe mox levels.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I was trying to let it level to a safe moxie level, but that number just kept getting bigger and bigger, and bigger since it appears the monster in question is scaling.
Interesting. Yes, the ghost of Elizabeth Spookyraven scales - to a max of 300. So, if BCC is trying to level in order to out-moxie it, that's pretty much guaranteed to fail.

Seems to me that BCC could/should recognize when a monster scales and simply Not Do That for scaling monsters. Of course, if that is Too Hard for the coders of BCC, I suppose they could just hardcode a list of monsters that they can't out-moxie.

That's the reason I suggested adding the monster to the list of monsters we ignore when checking safe mox levels.
I see. They have already done that. Yes, this monster is an obvious candidate for that list. :)

Crowther

I presume the 210 is because ghost of Elizabeth Spookyraven scales (191 + 5 + 0 = 210?). I don't know the math behind that, so I can't verify it. Safe moxie is a feature I turned off right away, but bombar's fix seems like the right thing to me.

Theraze

If you want people to actually notice your posts, it's better if you don't edit posts. Especially when there are posts after yours...

Tweaked the check to skip the ghost.

Theraze

I don't believe there's any explicit Chateau support. Since I don't have Chateau access, I have no idea what you're asking for, nor am I likely to implement it unless someone posts code.

The chateau lets you hang a painting of a monster in your room and you get one free fight against it per day, it essentially works like the fax machine but not so flexible

It seems that there is something broken with mafia, the call to "make Staff of Ed" gives out an error and as a consequence the script just skips the last part of the McGuffin quest until you craft the staff manually.

It seems that there is something broken with mafia, the call to "make Staff of Ed" gives out an error and as a consequence the script just skips the last part of the McGuffin quest until you craft the staff manually.
Your suspicion that this is a KoLmafia problem is spot-on. There's two different items called "Staff of Ed" now.

Theraze

Yeah. While there's this problem, I've been manually creating the second form of the Staff of Ed, that mafia can't create automatically. Staff of Fats+Ancient Amulet, Staff of Ed Almost+Eye of Ed. Two new discoveries. Yay!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
So mafia still isn't making the old Staff of Ed? I thought I fixed that, and no one posted otherwise.

I'm sorry. Mafia would not make the Staff of Ed in a Standard run for me yesterday. I did not report it because I wasn't entirely certain someone thought it had been fixed.

How do I manually tell the script that I have already completed a step of a quest? I just noticed it has wasted over 130 adventures in the haunted kitchen trying to finish the spookyraven quest for lvl11 when it had already cleared that part before, and it just keeps trying

Theraze

You can force that with bcasc_stage_<whatever the stage name is>. But if you can give more information about what didn't detect properly, we can try to fix that for the future. Or you can just hack your way through it manually. Either way.

Regarding the horrors of hundreds of wasted turns and a 9 gig session log file today, the MacGuffin quest should once again complete successfully with only the one known abort for the protector spirit which has been around for a very long time. Since mafia didn't want to create the staff for me, I have now coded BCA to randomly create one of the two possible staff combinations, so repeatedly running BCA should get you both staff combinations eventually. Yay.