bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Razorsoup

Frono said no sooner than 5 minutes, that means any time greater than or equal to five minutes after would satisfy his statement. Even five years after and he'd still be correct:)

That being said, there's probably still things that could be changed in the meantime. For instance, last night BCA spent turns acquiring the star equipment in the HitS and I'm pretty certain that won't be needed anymore whether KoLmafia has support or not for the new tower.

lightwolf

Script getting stuck trying to use a familiar I do not have available (in standard)

Level 8 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage Trapper
BCC: We have not completed the stage [wand].
choiceAdventure451 => 3
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score 188.50
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_itemsnc on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=1
Putting Allie Lawyer the Galloping Grill back into terrarium...
Taking Blink the Pair of Stomping Boots out of terrarium...
Familiar request unsuccessful.
choiceAdventure451 => 5
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score 188.50
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_itemsnc on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=1
Putting Allie Lawyer the Galloping Grill back into terrarium...
Taking Blink the Pair of Stomping Boots out of terrarium...
Familiar request unsuccessful.

Had to comment out the:
//bcascWand();
in void bcs8()

Even though my realy options had get three keys instead of wand set to true.

Edit: Got this problem again at level 10. The bcs_fam_itemsnc.txt table that it consults list pair of stomping boots as the number 1 non-combat item drop familiar. I Deleted it and it defaulted to slimeling.

That list contains a number of non t69 +item familiars, and is missing some of the new ones (fist turkey?).

It seems to be reffrencing some external site in the function:
106: boolean load_current_map(string fname, lairItem[int] map)

Last edited:

lightwolf

Day 3 of HC SC Standard run:
* F'cle 25 (It choose to equip hot plate over using A light that Never goes out (which is 35% item drop difference)
* It also failed to equip ring of detect borring doors when doing DD
* attempted to farm lowercase n (this should be cloverd)
* Broke at level 10 because it wasn't level 11 yet. (I need 104 base muscle (going to Gallery)...'That area is not available.')
* Script does not appear to know how to unlock ballroom, or do second level manor

finished day 3, 220 turns spent. Just got diary, unlocked hidden city, and manually compelted floor 2 spookyraven.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I need to be much more careful if I am going to be parsed so literally :)

As noted BCCA calls mafia's Tower functions so BCCA is not going to even begin to handle things until those functions "work" with the new content or BCCA writes its own alternatives. As also noted BCCA does things that supported the old Tower that will no longer be necessary. But all I was trying to suggest is that the question was premature.

As a philosophy issue I have wondered about the benefits of a mafia Tower function. My initial thinking was to convert the existing function to a Script call and have mafia bundle the script but that then opens the can of worms when users decide to modify mafia's script rather than a renamed copy. But if I were to take on the task of implementing the new Tower in Java I would start by writing a script to do the Tower and, when it was functional, reimplementing it in Java.

But at the moment I am still struggling with loop detection :)

lightwolf

Don't know what the rush is. Its going to take a while to get all the contest to get all the factoids from those new monsters ;)

It's really just a set of conditional moods dependent on a combination of conditional and non conditional drops during a run. Buffing most things to 400 or 40 (citations needed). Then doing a thing. i.e. maximize moxie, maximize cold damage, maximize meat drops ect... using some consumable buffs as well as equipment.

The question would be,
* Do we want to prompt user before using certain consumable buffs. (KGE store vs Inhaler use for Wall of Meat. Black paint vs Scroll of protection)
* What place threshold is the user interested in before having (either the script or mafia) interrupt their progress. I.E. 2nd, 5th, 11th?
* Is it even possible for the user to reach those threshold with the resources they have available. (Low skill HC. Just accept your 7-10 fights)

Maze is I believe... Maximize Resistance against 300 damage elemental NC's (citation needed). Or go left 9 times. Unless you are hunting the elusive topiary duck and gophers.

The two relevant tower monsters are flesh and bone. Both of which have predictable back farmed tower items. Their tower kill version is not trivial enough to be fine for a manuel requirement.

Mirror is a NC choice preference that can be set in mafia as normal NC. Shadow and NS are the same.

Last edited:

Theraze

My plan for the 3 challenges would be casting/uneffecting anything you can do yourself. For items, only auto-use if purchasable in the mall for under 1000 meat. We can parse that out from the maximizer without too much effort, though it will make it take longer for its processing. Since it doesn't matter what you equip for the actual fights, we only need to do silly maximizations of gear you'd never use normally for the choiceadv, take the line position, walk away, maximize again, take the choice, walk away, repeat for the third one. Then normal combat for the 3+ fights.

For the hedge... probably just 9*left. At least initially. Unless mafia gets hedge-choice-automation support, at which point it's on the user to decide.

Skin is beehive which should have gotten farmed during the black forest, +meatdrop maximization for the meat that has the same all cast/uneffect and items under 1000 rule, and then probably a forced backfarm for the boning knife if you don't have it yet. Confidence for the mirror, beat the shadow, beat the NS.

lightwolf

Day 4 of HC SC standard run

* Palindrome (26)... Did not try to use disposable camera. Also got stuck trying to use a hebo again, not sure what it is trying to hebo there.
* Trying to unlock whitecastle quest at guild, it got stuck in the new Quest NC choice.
* Try to equip a meatboss familiar for Dr Akward, in this case the Organ Grinder who is not standard. Same problem as it trying to use the stomping boots before, referencing a different data file...
* Apparently script attempts the slow Wall desolve for the spookyraven boss. But completed it in 36 turns. Then got stuck trying to ogran grinder lord spookyraven again.
* Hidden city and Pyrimid about what I would expect for automation.
* Tried to hebo to get waroutfit...

Finished day 4 unlocking the War, and getting ready to do GMoB for flyers. 40 turns left for the day...

Last edited:

lightwolf

Day the 5th, of a HC SC standard run

* Finished yesterday with 43 turns banked...
* 23 turns to find guy made of bee's (10% NC with smooth, soneta. ignored snow cleet possiblity)
* Filthworms, maximizer still favored a shield over 'A light' even with hollow buff up. Manually did this part
* Finished the war and reached the lair after 109 turns spent.

At this point you could in theory get as fast as a 11 turn Tower? Though probably you won't always be able to maximize all 3 contest in HC. I am going to do the long way to pick up some factoids though.

finished doing the lair manually at turn 148 into day 5. 1,017 turns played total. This was with a 2 turn backfarmed bone knife, 10 turn crypt nagmar wand just to see it once, ect.

So cutting about 100 turns, and the script could probably do 4 day Standard HC runs. There is definitely room for that, such as the 40 turns spent getting the hippy outfit because of no shrub YR support. Another 40 or more for the manor 2nd floor unlock.

Day 1: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4...ension-script!&p=119314&viewfull=1#post119314
Day 2: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4...ension-script!&p=119325&viewfull=1#post119325
Day 3: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4...ension-script!&p=119401&viewfull=1#post119401
Day 4: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4...ension-script!&p=119459&viewfull=1#post119459

Edit: it occurred to me, that the script still grabs the star hat and weapon. Which can probably save another 10-15 turns.

Last edited:

Alabit

If the daily dungeon has been done that day by the time you open mafia, the bumcheekascend script just repeatedly tries to do the dungeon infinitely, without realizing that it's getting the "you already did the dungeon" adventure.
Restated, if the daily dungeon has been done not in mafia, the script doesn't handle that properly and gets caught in an infinite loop attempting to do so. At low levels, this means that it will assume you didn't progress through the dungeon because of lack of buffs, and will buff you once for every failed attempt in the loop. It burned all my meat getting mp restores casting me hundreds of turns of astral shell.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If the daily dungeon has been done that day by the time you open mafia, the bumcheekascend script just repeatedly tries to do the dungeon infinitely, without realizing that it's getting the "you already did the dungeon" adventure.
Restated, if the daily dungeon has been done not in mafia, the script doesn't handle that properly and gets caught in an infinite loop attempting to do so. At low levels, this means that it will assume you didn't progress through the dungeon because of lack of buffs, and will buff you once for every failed attempt in the loop. It burned all my meat getting mp restores casting me hundreds of turns of astral shell.

Fixed in mafia version 15250.

vampirewolf3

Similarly, completing the goatlet and mining part of the trapper outside of Mafia results in it not recognizing that those two parts are completed. My quest text says:

John the Trapper:"You'll freeze faster'n molasses in January if you try to go up there in them fancy city clothes. Go up to that thar eXtreme Slope and get somethin' warmer!"

But the script says:

Code:
Level 8 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [mining].
Putting on outfit: Mining Gear
Equipment changed.
BCC: We have not completed the stage [mining].
Can't figure out which ore to look for.

Then it aborts.

AssHandy

> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

Function 'entryway( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (bumcheekascend.ash, line 5319)

I've updated BCA and I'm using the latest edition of KoLMafia. Not sure what is going on, but I get the above error message when I try to use BCA. I'm at the point of doing the palindome, I believe.

Updating all SVN projects...
acquirebuff is at HEAD (r1)
autobhh is at HEAD (r1)
bale-advisor is at HEAD (r25)
bale-counterchecker is at HEAD (r17)
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating bale-new-life...
C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\svn\bale-new-life
U https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/new-life/code/scripts/newLife.ash
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/new-life/code/scripts
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/new-life/code
At revision 31
Pushing local updates...
newLife.ash => C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\scripts\newLife.ash
Done.
bale-ocd is at HEAD (r28)
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating bale-relay-campground...
C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\svn\bale-relay-campground
U https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/relay/code/campground/relay/campground.ash
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/relay/code/campground/relay
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/relay/code/campground
At revision 79
Pushing local updates...
campground.ash => C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\relay\campground.ash
Done.
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating bale-relay-desc_wikiLinks...
C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\svn\bale-relay-desc_wikiLinks
At revision 79
Done.
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating bale-relay-mall_storeLinks...
C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\svn\bale-relay-mall_storeLinks
At revision 79
Done.
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating bale-relay-manor_unlockInfo...
C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\svn\bale-relay-manor_unlockInfo
At revision 79
Done.
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating bale-relay-woods_questStart...
C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\svn\bale-relay-woods_questStart
At revision 79
Done.
batbrain is at HEAD (r51)
batman-re is at HEAD (r28)
bestbetweenbattle is at HEAD (r18)
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating bumcheekascend-bumcheekascend...
C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\svn\bumcheekascend-bumcheekascend
U https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumcheekascend/scripts/bumcheekascend.ash
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumcheekascend/scripts
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumcheekascend
At revision 549
Pushing local updates...
bumcheekascend.ash => C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\scripts\bumcheekascend.ash
Done.
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating bumcheekascend-bumpork...
C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\svn\bumcheekascend-bumpork
At revision 549
Done.
clilinks is at HEAD (r5)
eodascensionchecklist is at HEAD (r18)
eodscascension-0 is at HEAD (r53)
Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release is at HEAD (r225)
formhtml is at HEAD (r1)
guyymafia-buttonfrenzy is at HEAD (r163)
guyymafia-porkfuture is at HEAD (r163)
guyymafia-spacetripper is at HEAD (r163)
guyymafia-tricktreat is at HEAD (r163)
kolmafiascripts-cfstat is at HEAD (r2)
mafia-harvest is at HEAD (r23)
mafia-harvest-data is at HEAD (r4)
mafiarecovery is at HEAD (r17)
psychoseamatic is at HEAD (r12)
relaywtf-famswtf is at HEAD (r25)
relaywtf-skillswtf is at HEAD (r25)
relaywtf-wtf is at HEAD (r25)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-auto_mushroom-trunk is at HEAD (r37)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-bounty_hunter_helper-trunk is at HEAD (r37)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-enhanced_inventory_spoilers-trunk is at HEAD (r37)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-task_list-trunk is at HEAD (r37)
slimetube is at HEAD (r7)
slyz-nemesis is at HEAD (r5)
smartstasis is at HEAD (r17)
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating therazekolmafia-canadv...
C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\svn\therazekolmafia-canadv
U https://svn.code.sf.net/p/therazekolmafia/canadv/code/relay/canadv.ash
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/therazekolmafia/canadv/code/relay
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/therazekolmafia/canadv/code
At revision 47
Pushing local updates...
canadv.ash => C:\Users\Marit\Desktop\KoLmafia\relay\canadv.ash
Done.
therazekolmafia-eatdrink is at HEAD (r25)
therazekolmafia-getskill is at HEAD (r3)
therazekolmafia-thesea is at HEAD (r39)
winterbay-mafia-autobasement is at HEAD (r34)
winterbay-mafia-farm is at HEAD (r16)
winterbay-mafia-sushi is at HEAD (r4)
winterbay-mafia-wham is at HEAD (r41)
wrldwzrd89-mafia-scripts-trunk-pandamonium-quest is at HEAD (r7)
zlib is at HEAD (r23)
Requests complete.

Theraze

The built-in, and now useless due to KoL's NS revamp, mafia functions for tower solving have been removed. Because of this, any script which uses them doesn't run. However, update 550 of BCA (you just updated to 549) should make it run properly up to the tower again. It won't solve... but at least it won't abort without running anymore. :)

freebase

I am doing SC runs and every time I get out of ronin I start getting this message.

"BCC: You do not have the option set to do casual runs as Hardcore. This means the script will attempt to use the default action specified in your bcasc_defaultCasualAction setting. The current setting is designed for a one-day casual. To make this all go away, set bcasc_doCasualAsHC to true in the relay script."

the only way to continue using the script after ronin is to set a casual default action. which stops a lot of the automation. Is there anyway to force the script into thinking im doing a SC run?

lightwolf

Got to the NS Lair in HC PM Standard, in 4 days 867 turns.

I made the changes I mentioned in my previous post (or at least aborted at said sections and did them manually) and did some heavy babysitting with the script. But it left plenty of room to complete a 4 day.

The script was still doing many stupid things though. The equipment optimizer lines really do not like smithsness gear, which was a pain for a PM run when I was trying to take advantage to utensil twist. It would decide to unequipped my 'Hand that rocks the Ladle" and "A light that never goes out", in order to equip two little paper umbrellas instead...

It also tried to do the kitchen/library/ect spookyraven unlock, even though I already manually unlocked it and completed the quest earlier using a Wink'ed writing desk. So had to comment out a few more places where it was trying to force me to go there.

Theraze

the only way to continue using the script after ronin is to set a casual default action. which stops a lot of the automation. Is there anyway to force the script into thinking im doing a SC run?
It knows you're doing an SC run, but once you break ronin in SC, you're running casual... mall-buy, etc. If you want it to force it to think that it's a HC run and keep automating normally, do what it says and set the "doCasualAsHC" to true.

The script was still doing many stupid things though. The equipment optimizer lines really do not like smithsness gear, which was a pain for a PM run when I was trying to take advantage to utensil twist. It would decide to unequipped my 'Hand that rocks the Ladle" and "A light that never goes out", in order to equip two little paper umbrellas instead...
If you have a suggestion for a maximizer change, make it. Tell us what line should be used where. If it works and increases survivability in general, it will probably be implemented. Removing your smithness items for the 2 umbrellas was what mafia suggested based on whatever it was maximizing and was accurate for that request.

It also tried to do the kitchen/library/ect spookyraven unlock, even though I already manually unlocked it and completed the quest earlier using a Wink'ed writing desk. So had to comment out a few more places where it was trying to force me to go there.
Not the right way to do that. If you complete a stage, just set bcasc_stage_<stage name> to your current ascension number and it will skip that section, this run, without needing to uncomment it again next time. Conversely, if it believes that a stage has already been completed, just set bcasc_stage_<stage name> to anything less than the current ascension... I generally just blank it.

Drat. I forgot about those. I haven't done a hardcore run since those changes, but I used them in aftercore. The right choice adventures setting need to be set too or mafia will abort and BCC ascend might retry. It was be awesome if a cubeling was swapped in like spleen familiars until the helping items have dropped, but that's a bit of coding to get right.

I see that this was brought up a year and a couple of months ago, I didn't see any follow up on this. Was it considered too difficult to check for the 3 cubeling items for Daily Dungeon speed up? I generally end up doing Daily Dungeon manually everyday before kicking off BCA script so that the tokens are done in 3-5 turns. This also means that I spend roughly the first 20% of day one playing manually to get the Cubeling items.

Since I didn't see a follow up just wanted to get other peoples thoughts / ways of handling this.