bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ioeth

Not CC, as that only triggers on counters. BBB or your own personal AA script, maybe. Personally I'd probably do a BB wrapper script that imported BBB and, when next adventuring location is the billiards room, drink to 10 using ED. That way I don't need to worry about people complaining about my niche request and I don't need to try to merge my conflicting BBB version in when zarqon updates something else.

But that's me. :)

Yeah, I might just wind up wrapping BBB in a script of my own. There are enough things that I have now to keep track of during an HC run that I could really use some automation there.

On a sidenote, I just made some updates to clean up the 2nd floor Manor quest parts and add a bit of sugar to them. GMoB is now said up to 4 times while doing the Bathroom, along with the other class-specific stat-boosting choice adventure changes. I also changed the Bedroom so that Lord Spookyraven's spectacles are optional and are looked for after getting the camera, since they aren't strictly necessary for the MacGuffin quest anymore.

While I was in there, I was wondering about the "bcasc_bedroom" configuration option. Given that so much has changed, is there still a need to have skipping the 2nd floor of the Manor as a configurable option anymore?

Theraze

The reason to allow that is to make it happen later, when you're higher level. If you just don't have enough skills to survive and want to skip unlocking the ballroom until level 11, you can change that.

I did also just add using Flash Headlight to AoSP as a YR if you have the right upgrade. Hopefully that will speed up some AoSP runs.

Ok, doing a 100% familiar run, got this. Also, why did it make a sugar shield when I've got 21 lbs without it? :confused:

Code:
[1028] Sorceress Tower: Shadow Fight
Encounter: Shadow Accordion Thief
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
Round 1: chef_rannos uses the filthy poultice and uses the filthy poultice!
You gain 114 hit points
You gain 80 hit points
You lose 219 hit points
Round 2: chef_rannos uses the gauze garter and uses the gauze garter!
You gain 117 hit points
You gain 93 hit points
Round 3: chef_rannos wins the fight!
You gain 4 hit points
You gain 3 Mojo Points
You gain 40 Beefiness
You gain 56 Magicalness
You gain 118 Smarm
Your shadow has been defeated.
Putting MP-Gamer the Rogue Program back into terrarium...
Taking Block the Levitating Potato out of terrarium...
Facing giant familiar...
You lose 50 hit points
Maximizing...
32 combinations checked, best score 25.00
Putting on sugar shield...
Equipment changed.
Facing giant familiar...
Your Levitating Potato can't wear a portable motorcycle
Putting Block the Levitating Potato back into terrarium...
Taking MP-Gamer the Rogue Program out of terrarium...
Approaching pool table with an aggressive stance.
You acquire an effect: Billiards Belligerence (duration: 10 Adventures)
You lost. Boo hoo.
You are stuck at the top of the tower.

And wow...that's a ton of turncount...definitely doing an item drop familiar next one. ;)

Ioeth

The reason to allow that is to make it happen later, when you're higher level. If you just don't have enough skills to survive and want to skip unlocking the ballroom until level 11, you can change that.

Thing is, the script won't actually do it later for you during the MacGuffin quest when you need to get to the manor basement. Instead, it makes you do the second floor steps to open the ballroom manually. Should we add the opening of the ballroom to the MacGuffin quest if that setting is set to "false"?

Theraze

Ok, doing a 100% familiar run, got this. Also, why did it make a sugar shield when I've got 21 lbs without it? :confused:

It makes the sugar shield because it thinks it might be useful when it's starting the tower. It wears the sugar shield because... that's mafia, not us.

Makes sense. There were a few other Moxious bits that I also gave the BIG! check, since if you're that high up, you shouldn't need that sucking up a song slot, especially if you're hoping to use Thingfinder.

Chorale of Companionship can be handy too in various places for BIG! runs. :D

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Just a FYI. Running whatever version SVN thought was the latest within 30 minutes of this post :) Trying to get the key by playing pool. First time bccascend hit the play pool adventure it just went into an infinite loop. It appeared that it was either not setting the choice and then adventuring again or the choice it set wasn't going to exit the choice adventure and that failure was not detected and acted on. Also I had a lot of hand chalk in the inventory but the chalkly hand effect had run out. I don't know of any game reason not to always use chalk, if available while learning pool so this is either a FR or a chance to educate me. Thanks.

Theraze

Regarding the choice, we don't set that because if people are using a proper between battle or after adventure script, it would be changing from choice 2 back to choice 1 once we've passed 12 pool skill - but depending on the user, they might want to wait until it passes 20 or higher.

Regarding hand chalk, it already works.
Code:
				if (i_a("handful of hand chalk") > 0 && have_effect($effect[Chalky Hand]) == 0) {
					use(1, $item[handful of hand chalk]);
If your client either decides that you don't have chalk or already have the effect... that's a mafia bug.

Edit: To clarify regarding how the billiards room works, as long as you don't have the library key, it will keep adventuring. If you have chalky hand, it will adventure as many times as you have chalky hand. If you have hand chalk, it will apply it and then adventure as many times as you have chalky hand. If you don't have chalky hand or any hand chalk, it will repeatedly do single adventures until you get hand chalk or get the library key, because the goal is not to get hand chalk, but the library key itself.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The statement about hand chalk automatically being used does not seem to be true in my case although that may have been because it was looping on the choice adventure. Certainly possible it is a mafia issue since I seem to recall seeing a recent mafia change that might apply.

My BBB is unmodified. If BBBS and BCCA are stepping on each other then that should be investigated and fixed, but otherwise I might suggest setting and monitoring this choice should be Ascend's responsibility, given the goal of automated adventuring.

But since I now have the key this just means I pay close attention next time.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Certainly possible it is a mafia issue since I seem to recall seeing a recent mafia change that might apply.

The warning was removed after 5 adventures were spent there because it no longer made any sense. It only applied to relay browser turns in the first place, though.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
So while doing the Spookyraven portion of the level 11 quest today it wasted 150+ turns trying to gather all the materials to unlock Lord Spookyraven, this isn't the first time it seems have done this either. Once I caught it though I managed to do a wine bomb in less than 30 adventures. Any ideas what might be causing this though?

Theraze

So while doing the Spookyraven portion of the level 11 quest today it wasted 150+ turns trying to gather all the materials to unlock Lord Spookyraven, this isn't the first time it seems have done this either. Once I caught it though I managed to do a wine bomb in less than 30 adventures. Any ideas what might be causing this though?

If you want to do the wine bomb, turn bcasc_cellarWineBomb to true. That's the only way it should have been able to take 150+ adventures, since the wine bomb is luck based. The dissolving recipe is 36 turns guaranteed... 5 and a guaranteed noncombat.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I would expect that anyone taking 150 turns with the wine bomb route has done something very wrong, like not wear spectacles while reading the recipe.

Theraze

Possibly. I didn't do the code for that. I simply found that in a normal run, it always took more adventures than the guaranteed path. But what I'd want to know in the 150 adventure bit is which zone it got stuck adventuring in... did it have an item and mafia didn't know it, was it trying to get a wine-bomb item without the spectacles, where did it fail exactly?

trueknight53

Having trouble with bumcheekascend :(

I'm pretty new to using kolmafia, only downloaded it yesterday actually, and i found the bumcheekascend script and wanted to give it a go. i installed it through the scripts menu in the kolmafia client, i opened the game in my browser and ran it and adjusted and saved all the settings, and i restarted my ascension and made it a AC with astral shirt and hot dogs. i then attempted to run the bumcheekascend script through the client and got this message in the CLI...

> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

Changing "Noob Cave" to "The Noob Cave" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 774)
Changing "Noob Cave" to "The Noob Cave" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 778)
Changing "Noob Cave" to "The Noob Cave" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 782)
Bad location value: "The Orcish Frat House (Bombed Back to the Stone Age)" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 3571)

Is there any way to fix that bad location value? because thats as far as i can go in terms of using the script :(

Ok this is interesting. I am at lvl 8 and it needed to get up to 78 moxie. It tried the ballroom but at this point in the script the ballroom isn't opened. I think the script needs to be changed to lvl somewhere else or open the ballroom earlier.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm pretty new to using kolmafia, only downloaded it yesterday actually, and i found the bumcheekascend script and wanted to give it a go. i installed it through the scripts menu in the kolmafia client, i opened the game in my browser and ran it and adjusted and saved all the settings, and i restarted my ascension and made it a AC with astral shirt and hot dogs. i then attempted to run the bumcheekascend script through the client and got this message in the CLI...

> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

Changing "Noob Cave" to "The Noob Cave" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 774)
Changing "Noob Cave" to "The Noob Cave" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 778)
Changing "Noob Cave" to "The Noob Cave" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 782)
Bad location value: "The Orcish Frat House (Bombed Back to the Stone Age)" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 3571)

Is there any way to fix that bad location value? because thats as far as i can go in terms of using the script :(

You're using a very updated script with probably a month-old version of mafia. Go here (also linked from the top of this forum) to get the latest version of mafia.

Theraze

Ok this is interesting. I am at lvl 8 and it needed to get up to 78 moxie. It tried the ballroom but at this point in the script the ballroom isn't opened. I think the script needs to be changed to lvl somewhere else or open the ballroom earlier.

That's odd... until you hit 120 base stat, it's supposed to use the location checker before adventuring. It's only after 120 base stat that it decides that the haunted zones should definitely be open.

Anyways, added a location availability check to the levelling system - if you've told it not to unlock the upper floor until level 11, it should use other locations instead of those even after your stats get higher.

Theraze

The 'stable' version is only updated once every month or so. However, KoL itself updates every few days, so the stable version is almost always broken in that something will not be working properly.

Some users prefer the word stable on their program over having it actually work. That's why that version is there. :) But seriously, the stable version is supposed to be a fairly well vetted version - the issue is that with how quickly KoL itself updates, mafia has to update to follow it and actually work almost continually. So... *shrugs*