bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

1) I just haven't got round to that in 0.7. It's in 0.8 and I'm using it now.
2) No reason, just haven't listed them in the map file yet. I'll add them to the map file.
3) For what reason did it not fight enough bodyguard bats? Ran out of adventures? Script failure? Mafia screwup? Either way, it should never try to get more sonars if you have the zone unlocked.

halfvoid

Haven't done any hardcore runs before so this is all new to me. Would my stocking mimic or any npzr type familiar be optimal to use at any point? I had been running my normal ascensions using it almost exclusively. Then again, that could perhaps be why they mostly took two weeks to complete.

Theraze

With Smart Stasis running on most of my combats, I enjoy the Cocoabo-type familiars... meat, damage, healing, delevel, stun... all sorts of goodness. Though you never really know fight to fight how it's going to end up.

Winterbay

1) I just haven't got round to that in 0.7. It's in 0.8 and I'm using it now.
2) No reason, just haven't listed them in the map file yet. I'll add them to the map file.
3) For what reason did it not fight enough bodyguard bats? Ran out of adventures? Script failure? Mafia screwup? Either way, it should never try to get more sonars if you have the zone unlocked.

1 and 2) Fair enough :)

3) I'll check the logs tomorrow to see if there were any odd messages. I can't really remember right now.

bumcheekcity

It will probably end up requiring fairly minor updates, but I'm 99% certain that 0.7 will fail somehow at the Boss Bat stage.

Winterbay

So regarding the bossbat:
The problems started with Mafia not accepting that I had 3 sonars. The goal was set as such, BCCA used a clover to get the first 2 and then adventured for the last one. It dropped and mafia reported all goals as met and stopped adventuring and then after the battle said "Adjusted combat item count: sonar-in-a-biscuit (-1)" which meant that the internal database said "2 Sonars", the tried to use three (which it knew it should have by now) and failed so I stopped it and refreshed my inventory and restarted the script.
This lead to the script using the three sonars and then going on a hunt for the meatcar (probably to be able to set the MCD for the boss bat I guess). After having become beaten up in the Temple (I had forgot to set my restore settigns to not abort, or to restore) it stopped and I waited till the next day.
This day started by the script levelling at the temple to level 5, changing the familiar to the hobo monkey, setting the MCD and then deciding to level up to 41 moxie at the temple. After 82 turns I stopped it and beat the Boss Bat myself.

That's what the log says but I am almost certain that it wanted to use more sonars somewhere, unfortunately that is not logged.

I'm not sure if there is an actual bug here or not (apart from the one where Mafia forgot about the drop it had previously counted). So sorry for the waste of time :)

Rinn

Developer
I had this same issue with my script, I resolved it by calling cli_execute("inv refresh") before I used the biscuits.

bumcheekcity

The bat hole stuff will probably be a bit broken with the updates. Unfortunately, I did that literally hours before Jick changed it, so I'm going to have to ascend again.

bumcheekcity

Rinn probably didn't code it the way I did. I'm absolutely certain that 0.7 will not handle the bat hole properly. I've modified it in 0.8, but this is as yet untested.

Edit: It's tested. Version 0.8 released.

- Accommodated change to Mr. Alarm
- Made sure that there weren't any maximize commands without -melee added
- Check for meat when shoreing.
- Other misc. issues.
- Update the Boss Bat quest to account for Nov 2010 Changes.
- Added support for phat/leash when you need item drops.
- Added default options, so that this is ACTUALLY zero setup again.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

I ended up getting 61 quil pens from the haunted library, as for some reason, the script or Mafia reset the choice adventure there to not open the 2nd floor.
Can you add a checker to make sure at least one of the two adventures open up the 2nd floor, pref both.

It also failed with the choice adventures at the Barrrneys Barrr. It had been changed back to "3 drunkeness and stats" which I have not had it at for several ascensions.
A checker for this, especially as it caused me to overdrink and the script did not check for that either, and spend close to 20 adv in Drunken Stupor before I noticed it and stopped it.

Also, when no longer adventuring at the Pirate Cove in disguise (meaning pre-Fledges) as the script sent me to do the Bonerdagon quest, it still used the Pirate outfit instead of trying to optimize my gear.

EDIT: It also waited a long time before getting the In-a-boxes. At lvl5 I decided to get them manually.

EDIT2: I'm also a bit curious why it kept using my Bandersnatch without a familiar equipment. Do it even add stats if it have no equipment?
Did it not say somewhere that the script will try to rotate the familiars to get the most out of the ones that drop items if used?

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
I ended up getting 61 quil pens from the haunted library, as for some reason, the script or Mafia reset the choice adventure there to not open the 2nd floor.
Can you add a checker to make sure at least one of the two adventures open up the 2nd floor, pref both.

It also failed with the choice adventures at the Barrrneys Barrr. It had been changed back to "3 drunkeness and stats" which I have not had it at for several ascensions.
A checker for this, especially as it caused me to overdrink and the script did not check for that either, and spend close to 20 adv in Drunken Stupor before I noticed it and stopped it.
It would be a good thing for the script to check the setting for those choice adventures, I'm sure BCC will add them. To avoid typing, I use a little wrapper function to set choiceadventure settings (like in Bale's newLife.ash):
PHP:
void setadv( int numadv, int numchoice )
{
	set_property( "choiceAdventure"+numadv.to_string(),numchoice.to_string() );
}

// set Library choices
setadv(80,99);
setadv(81,4);

Also, when no longer adventuring at the Pirate Cove in disguise (meaning pre-Fledges) as the script sent me to do the Bonerdagon quest, it still used the Pirate outfit instead of trying to optimize my gear.
If you already out-moxie the Bonerdagon, it will not maximize your Moxie any further. And at this point, the Swashbuckling Getup probably is you best +Moxie gear.

EDIT: It also waited a long time before getting the In-a-boxes. At lvl5 I decided to get them manually.
The scripts waits until you kill the Bonerdagon to make servants, so it can clover the post-cyrpt cemetary.

EDIT2: I'm also a bit curious why it kept using my Bandersnatch without a familiar equipment. Do it even add stats if it have no equipment?
The Bandersnatch is a straight volleyball, the equipment simply tunes the stats you get from it. Spending 10 turns in the Arena to have a chance of getting the equipment isn't worth it in HC.

Did it not say somewhere that the script will try to rotate the familiars to get the most out of the ones that drop items if used?
From what I see, it gets agua if you have a Baby Sandworm and pixie sticks if you have a Rogue Program, but only until you have enough of both to fill your spleen for the day, and only in places where you don't need anything else as a familiar.

I just noticed that, if you have both familiars, the script will flip a coin instead taking the one that has dropped less items today. You can just change line 481
PHP:
if (random(2) == 0) {
to
PHP:
if ( get_property("_tokenDrops").to_int() < get_property("_aguaDrops").to_int() ) {

dier_cire

BCC:
Lol, yeah, I meant letting the brackets have their own lines. Compact is nice but for those reading your code, it's a terrible practice. If everything is tabbed properly then it's not too bad, but in real world applications tabbing is the first thing to die once debugging begins.

On the bright side this has spurred me to actually play with the script I told myself I'd do before xmas. It's my basic Day 1 which involves tent MP fiddling, first turn Boulder red ray, sugar/sticker use, sewers, etc. your basic speed day 1. Keeping it stupid (no auto optimizing) so it's fast and easy code but you are welcome to any of it. Though I am discovering the campground toilet papering sucks since the way the gifs are named.

bumcheekcity

Everything Slyz says is right, and is pretty much what I said.

I always thought it was MORE readable in "compact" mode, but it's all a matter of taste. As long as a standard has been established and it's not ridiculously stupid, it's good.

Winterbay

The script just aborted on me while trying to do the trapper quest. It seems to have forgotten that you need to use the miner's outfit for one turn at the goatlet and thus couldn't get anywhere. The abort message was probably not the most clear.

Code:
Putting Crog the Baby Gravy Fairy back into terrarium...
Taking Arog     the Coffee Pixie out of terrarium...
Conditions list cleared.
Condition     set: goat cheese (6)
goat cheese (6)
BCC:     Getting Goat Cheese

When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5     hair spray
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I     run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I run     low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Mariachi     Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low on The Moxious     Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
679     combinations checked, best score 140.0
Putting on eyepatch...
Equipment     changed.
Wielding Squeezebox of the Ages...
Equipment changed.
Putting     on swashbuckling pants...
Equipment changed.
Mood swing complete.
We     should set the MCD if we can.
We CAN set the MCD.
Resetting mind     control device...
Mind control device reset.

You     can't use this script right now.
Come back     after rollover.

Edit: Hmm... It appears to not be a problem with the script. Mafia is currently giving me that message as soon as I try to do anything that isn't in the relay browser...

Last edited:

shisoru

This script is amazing. I can't wait to see what you do with it in the future, but it is already fantastic.

Ferdawoon

I cant help but notice that the post is turning out to be really, really long. Srry 'bout that. not sure what the custom is on this forum, to make one big post or to make many smaller.

While going for the three quest items at the f'c'le I got this (pardon the really long text, just want to be sure I dont miss anything that might be important to troubleshoot it):

I had enough buffed moxie anyway.
Resetting mind control device...
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Conditions list cleared.
Condition set: pirate fledges
pirate fledges
BCC: Getting the Pirate Fledges, finally!
BCC: Need moar combat! WAAARGH!
When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I get The Sonata of Sneakiness, uneffect sonata of sneakiness
When I run low on Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
When I run low on Musk of the Moose, cast 1 Musk of the Moose
When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I run low on Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
Searching for "soda water"...
Purchasing soda water (19 @ 70)...
You acquire soda water (19)
You spent 1,330 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 19 soda water...
You gain 76 Mojo Points
Finished using 19 soda water.
Casting Leash of Linguini 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Leash of Linguini (duration: 10 Adventures)
Leash of Linguini was successfully cast.
Casting The Sonata of Sneakiness 1 times...
You acquire an effect: The Sonata of Sneakiness (duration: 15 Adventures)
The Sonata of Sneakiness was successfully cast.
Shrugging off your buff...
The Sonata of Sneakiness removed.
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
325 combinations checked, best score 119.0
Mood swing complete.
We should set the MCD if we can.
We CAN set the MCD.
Resetting mind control device...

Request 1 of 144 (Island: F'c'le) in progress...

It have now cast and removed Sonata between each adventure after that.
Not to mention, the buffing have cost me around 10k meat in Soda Waters today and I have spent 31adv so far..

EDIT: Also, atm the script is maintaining both Sonata of Sneakiness and Musk of the Moose, which kinda negates each other. A misstake somewhere where it was ment to use both +combat or both + non-combat buffs maybe?

EDIT2: apparently, I already had the items I needed as well, as once I decided to check my Inventory, I had two of the items already and when I used them I got the fledges. It seems I stopped the script while it was using the three items and it only got to use one, and when i restarted it it thought one item was missing and started to adventure for it again.

EDIT3:
When checking for the keys, it check them all 3 times, and is making 12 skeleton keys really needed? Sure, usefull in the daily dungeon I guess..
The world peace at the end is not my doing, the script aborted on its own.

Level 8 Starting
Checking for item dead mimic, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item aluminum wand, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item ebony wand, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item hexagonal wand, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item marble wand, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item pine wand, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item pirate fledges, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item boris's key, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item jarlsberg's key, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item sneaky pete's key, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item boris's ring, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item jarlsberg's earring, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item sneaky pete's breath spray, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item skeleton bone, which it turns out I have 13 of.
Checking for item loose teeth, which it turns out I have 14 of.
Checking for item loose teeth, which it turns out I have 14 of.
Verifying ingredients for skeleton key (12)...
Creating skeleton key (12)...
You acquire skeleton key (12)
Successfully created skeleton key (12)

KoLmafia declares world peace.

I just did a restart of the script, and it keep aborting at the same place, after checking for a wand, the fledges after checking the keys 3 times in a row.

Level 8 Starting
Checking for item dead mimic, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item aluminum wand, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item ebony wand, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item hexagonal wand, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item marble wand, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item pine wand, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item pirate fledges, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item boris's ring, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item jarlsberg's earring, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item sneaky pete's breath spray, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item skeleton bone, which it turns out I have 1 of.

KoLmafia declares world peace.

It dont seem to keep track of the skeleton keys it just created, and it dont check for teeth before the script abort as it did the first time.

Manually doing the Daily Dungeon, the CLI show me a World Peace after each and every adventure though. Lets see what happen if I run the script before and after a restart of KoLMafia..

EDIT4: When starting the Giant Castle during lvl10 quest, add a checker to make sure that the choice adventure for the wheel is set to Map Position (via Moxie).
Also, just struck me that I should mention, the script no longer add and shrug off Sonata of Sneakiness =)
Is it possible to let the gear optimizer check if it can create something useful from the trapzor skins if I have Armorcraftiness?

EDIT5:
When it want to go to the Ballroom to levelup for me to handle the Castle (Mafia say I have 100% hit and 100% Evade though so dunno why), that zone appears to be closed, and the script abort rather than to try to open it. Restarting the script yield the same result.
Need to Level up a bit to get 159 Moxie
Conditions list cleared.
Condition already met: Substats: 0 / 0 / 0

I need 98 base moxie
BCC: Attempting to get clovers to level with.
You can't get a ten-leaf clover from the hermit today.
BCC: Going to use clovers to level.
BCC: We have 3 clovers and are using one to level.
Using 1 disassembled clover...
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover
Finished using 1 disassembled clover.
BCC: We have 2 clovers and are using one to level.
BCC: We have 1 clovers and are using one to level.
Conditions list cleared.
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'baby gravy fairy' where x=2
Condition set: dance card
dance card

Request 1 of 87 (Manor2: Haunted Ballroom) in progress...
Using 3 ten-leaf clover...
You acquire disassembled clover (3)
Finished using 3 ten-leaf clover.
You can't get to that area.

I solved it by getting Serum of Sarcasm, but now I got into the Hole in the Sky while under the effect of the serum. Now that it have run out, I take 35;ish hits per round. Add a "Will I survive" checker when an effect is lost? Or will that be too spammy? =S

EDIT6: When leveling in the Ballroom (at least I think that is what it was doing, it kept looking for Dance cards) I ran out of adventures and got stuck in some infinite loop. I cant find out what happened earlier as the whole CLI history is filled with this:
Condition already exists: dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card

Last edited:

rottingflesh

[659] Palindome
Encounter: Tan Gnat
Round 0: rottingflesh loses initiative!
> BCC: We are trying to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
Round 1: rottingflesh attacks!
Round 2: Graveler glares at a puddle of water with his blue eye. Someone slips on the puddle and falls in a hilariously bone-shattering manner.
> BCC: We are trying to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
Round 2: rottingflesh attacks!
You lose 12 hit points
Round 3: Graveler glances at an ice-cold beer with his red eye, tragically transforming it to piping-hot beer.
You lose 12 hit points
Round 3: rottingflesh attacks!
Round 4: Graveler glares at a passing penguin with his blue eye. The penguin nods, and says, "thanks, youse guys; I was sweatin' my tail feathers off."
You lose 10 hit points
Round 4: rottingflesh attacks!
Round 5: Graveler's yellow eye gazes upon a passing hippy. There's a gentle *pop,* then just the lingering scent of patchouli.
> BCC: We are using the hebo against the right monster.
Round 5: rottingflesh casts POINT AT YOUR OPPONENT!

Round 6: Graveler swings his eyestalk around and unleashes a massive ray of yellow energy, completely disintegrating your opponent.
You acquire an effect: Everything Looks Yellow (duration: 150 Adventures)
After Battle: Graveler winks at you with his giant central eye.
You gain 46 Meat
You acquire an item: suntan lotion of moxiousness
You acquire an item: gnatwing
You acquire an item: filet of tangy gnat ("fotelif")
You gain 9 Fortitude
You gain 8 Enchantedness
You gain 21 Roguishness

lolwut?

Also, after this it refused to switch familiars from the hebo despite having the effect "everything looks yellow." And the script knew that everything was yellow, because it told me so in every round of combat.

Also also, I'm pretty sure that high-skill characters, like myself, can get enough +item that the ketchup hound is a 100% drop. Maybe it should be an option to force it with +item instead of the hebo?

Last edited: