bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

Doing a Seal Clubber run with v0.18.1
It tried to do some leveling in the Gallery but it aborted saying it could not access the gallery. The opening of the gallery is not scripted? Got the gallery key manually and it worked out just fine.

Also found a loop.
Code:
Level 10 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [airship].
Using 1 enchanted bean...
Finished using 1 enchanted bean.

When restarting the script after the loop it report that I need 2 more mainstat and I'm still lvl9 so no wonder using the Enchanted Bean did not work.
The condition when starting to grind Muscle stats in the gallery was 85 Muscle so dunno why it aborted before that, trying to start the lvl10 quest.

Last edited:

Theraze

The one time I tried to use BCA, it failed to finish levelling to level 2 properly, believing that it was completed a substat too early. Possible that you're getting a similar issue there, where its belief is that the level comes a substat or two before it actually does, and so it jumps to the next stage...

alfagetti

version 0.18.1

Levelling in the ballroom from level 9 to 10

Using a dance card, i hit level 10 at turn 3, and the script finished and hit Rotting Matilda. All good. Then it used another dance card (which was fine), cycled through the 4 turns, but at the end of that decided it was time to open the airship. Luckily it stopped to buff so i could manually abort and go back and dance with Matilda!

edit.

And again, levelling from 10 to 11, it is working through a cycle of 5 turns looking for a dance card when i hit level 11. It didn't find a dance card, but instead of recognizing that levelling is not needed at this point, it goes back to ballroom to try it again.

edit edit.

When i start the script and it is checking steps that have been completed, under level 8 it notes i have completed getting the wand, then under Level 9 it says i don't have a wand, no zapping for me.

Last report for the day.

Found a loop. At Level 11, i'm in the HiTS farming damn lines. Finished combat with The Little Man in the Canoe, when i recieve pages of "ran out of adventures".

Last edited:

picklish

And again, levelling from 10 to 11, it is working through a cycle of 5 turns looking for a dance card when i hit level 11. It didn't find a dance card, but instead of recognizing that levelling is not needed at this point, it goes back to ballroom to try it again.

I've run into similar issues. I've been using this change to adventure 1 turn at a time in the ballroom for a long time: https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/compare/original...a5f6f0d#diff-3

Winterbay

Heh... I did not know that :)
Yes, since the entire point is to make sure you have a 1-handed ranged weapon that is perhaps a good idea.

bumcheekcity

I need a better way to keep track of these things. Has anyone had any luck with bugzilla? Id like somewhhere i can let guests post issues to keep it simple for people.

Was going to install it on my server and give it a bash.

Winterbay

Pastebin is a possibility I guess, but that is perhaps not the best way. Never tried bugzilla so can't say anything.

Theraze

Yes... slingshot is 2 handed, but yo-yo is 1 handed. Slingshot section should be replaced with either buy yo-yo, or the disco ball. Benefit of disco is that it's potentially better long-term in the sense of that every chewing gum items improves your chances of getting the one you want next time. Negative of disco is that you don't know how much it's going to cost to get it... less than 800, but you're not sure quite how much less.

picklish

Yes... slingshot is 2 handed, but yo-yo is 1 handed. Slingshot section should be replaced with either buy yo-yo, or the disco ball. Benefit of disco is that it's potentially better long-term in the sense of that every chewing gum items improves your chances of getting the one you want next time. Negative of disco is that you don't know how much it's going to cost to get it... less than 800, but you're not sure quite how much less.

The yo-yo is 600 meat and requires 25 moxie which you may not have at that point. I haven't done the math, but given that you've already gone fishing for clovers and RnR by that point, it seems likely that you might already have one or need very few chewing gums to get one.

picklish

I need a better way to keep track of these things. Has anyone had any luck with bugzilla? Id like somewhhere i can let guests post issues to keep it simple for people.

I'll point out that most public source control repositories (e.g. github, Google Code, SourceForge) also have issue trackers built in.

StDoodle

Minion
Actually, since you start with 3 pieces from the gum group, it should cost a max of 650 meat unless you use / autosell one or more items before using gum. Which can happen, say, for the accordion, but isn't likely for much else that early. So even assuming accordion is used up and you were an AT, that's an extra 100 meat to get something will additional use. Seems a good deal.

bumcheekcity

I'll point out that most public source control repositories (e.g. github, Google Code, SourceForge) also have issue trackers built in.

Do any of them allow anonymous registering of bugs? I'd like to keep it so that people don't have to register with the website.

picklish

Do any of them allow anonymous registering of bugs? I'd like to keep it so that people don't have to register with the website.

github requires a github account. Google Code requires a Google account (e.g. gmail). I'm nearly positive Sourceforge allows anonymous bug reports, but it was too flaky for me to verify, which may be a large enough strike against it.

Jar of Jam

What is the scripts stance on in-the-box campground items ? My character just got out of Ronin and suddenly I'm hunting for beer lenses and stuff.

slyz

Developer
Silly Jar of Jam, you can't get out of Ronin in Hardcore!

Seriously though, it looks like the script will try making a chef/bartender only once the Bonerdagon is dead. If it can use a clover for brain/skull, and get a box, and if bcasc_bartender is set to true, it will adventure in the Barroom until you can make beer goggles.

It's pretty straightforward. The fact that it started doing this after breaking Ronin is just a coincidence.