bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Any thoughts on removing ones that are not available in Standard?

Go back and reread Veracity's post answering your question before, which explains why this question shouldn't be asked. Also realize that people use this script for paths that aren't under standard restrictions.

Here is my list. I think nanorhino and crimbo shrub may need special coding.

Hebo - NanoRhino, Crimbo Shrub
Item - Cubeling, Angry Jung Man, Blavious Kloop
Init - Xiblaxian Holo-Companion
Meatboss - Angry Jung Man, Bloovian Groose, Blavious Kloop
meatbossman - Bloovian Groose, Blavious Kloop, Angry Jung Man
ml - no changes
Itemnc - Cubeling, Angry Jung Man, Blavious Kloop
equipmentnc - Cubeling, Angry Jung Man, Blavious Kloop

Last edited:

Theraze

Also, any thoughts on using the Chateau empty picture frame if you don't or can't use an obtuse angel?

Is the Chateau a familiar?

For the Hebos, we'll probably just add it to the consult_hebo section. For new additions, order is important... or do you just prefer them in the order you listed? Does anyone object to that order?

RESPRiT

You will never need to farm pixels in the current path. This line (or something to its effect) should be added to the bcasc8bit() function.
Code:
if (my_path() == "One Crazy Random Summer") return checkStage("8bit", true);

Is the Chateau a familiar?

For the Hebos, we'll probably just add it to the consult_hebo section. For new additions, order is important... or do you just prefer them in the order you listed? Does anyone object to that order?

The order listed is fine. The Chateau is not a familiar it is the place in the mountains with the free rests and stuff

Theraze

You will never need to farm pixels in the current path. This line (or something to its effect) should be added to the bcasc8bit() function.
As I said yesterday, I moved farming pixels to after you've completed the war. If somehow you reach the lair without having enough pixels, you'll farm pixels. If you already have enough pixels, it won't farm pixels. Breaking the ability to farm pixels is not the right way to fix this.

The Chateau is not a familiar it is the place in the mountains with the free rests and stuff
We're adding familiars, not other things which you control through your AAS, BBS, or CCS. Those are on you. :)

Winterbay

When new updated lists of familiars are done I can upload new files to the server, unless the txt-files have moved from http://kolmafia.co.uk/ to somewhere else while I wasn't paying attention :)
(or someone else with access I guess, I'm not sure which people have access to that server)

RESPRiT

As I said yesterday, I moved farming pixels to after you've completed the war. If somehow you reach the lair without having enough pixels, you'll farm pixels. If you already have enough pixels, it won't farm pixels. Breaking the ability to farm pixels is not the right way to fix this.

Ah I see, my version was out of date so I didn't have that. My apologies.

Theraze

When new updated lists of familiars are done I can upload new files to the server, unless the txt-files have moved from http://kolmafia.co.uk/ to somewhere else while I wasn't paying attention :)
(or someone else with access I guess, I'm not sure which people have access to that server)

We moved data files off of kolmafia.co.uk to being stored in the SVN so that we didn't need to check an external server on each execution. Apparently that whole question-sequence happened when you were taking a break, since nobody knew who had access and then the server went down, and... change happened. :)

Thanks though.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
bcs_fam_items.txt
Code:
1	jumpsuited hound dog
2	Pair of Stomping Boots
3	slimeling
4	Reagnimated Gnome
5	Coffee Pixie
6	Attention-Deficit Demon
7	Jitterbug
8	Casagnova Gnome
9	Psychedelic Bear
10	Angry Jung Man
11	Blavious Kloop
12	Adventurous Spelunker
13	Green Pixie
14	Dancing Frog
15	Grouper Groupie
16	Piano Cat
17	baby gravy fairy
18	Dandy Lion

bcs_fam_meatbossbat.txt
Code:
1	Knob Goblin Organ Grinder
2	Hobo Monkey
3	He-Boulder
4	Coffee Pixie
5	Attention-Deficit Demon
6	Cymbal-Playing Monkey
7	Jitterbug
8	Nervous Tick
9	Casagnova Gnome
10	Hunchbacked Minion
11	Uniclops
12	Psychedelic Bear
13	Piano Cat
14	Dramatic Hedgehog
15	Bloovian Groose
16	Blavious Kloop
17	Angry Jung Man
18	Leprechaun

Not exactly sure what the rest of the files are for specifically: bcs_fam_equipmentnc.txt, bcs_fam_itemsnc.txt, bcs_fam_meatboss.txt

Theraze

From post 4999:
Well, hebo is yellow ray. Items, init, and ml should be fairly self-evident. Meatboss is for fighting bosses that drop lots of meat, while meatbossbat is for fighting the meaty boss bat. NC on the end means that it's the same thing, but aimed for +non-combats. In other words, avoid Elvis.

The last one is equipmentnc, which is used only for farming the swashbuckling gear.

I'll modify those two files though. The meat boss bat is only used for that boss - not sure how it differs from the regular meat boss rules...

syrinxlui

I'm having a little trouble with the Spookyraven quest. Bumcheekascend keeps thinking I haven't done the Spookyraven 2nd floor stuff. My quest log doesn't have the cosmetics lines in the completed section. Maybe the checkstage function could look for the babies line in the current quest? Not sure how I got off, I've been playing a bit manually too.

The complete question log looks like this:

Code:
Council Quests:

Looking for a Larva in All the Wrong Places
    You delivered a mosquito larva to the Council of Loathing. Nice work!

Ooh, I Think I Smell a Bat.
    You have slain the Boss Bat. Huzzah!

Trial By Friar
    You have cleansed the taint of the Deep Fat Friars. Congratulations!

Cyrptic Emanations
    You've undefiled the Cyrpt, and defeated the Bonerdagon. Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Am I My Trapper's Keeper?
    You have helped the Trapper, and brought (relatively speaking) peace to Mt. McLargeHuge. Shazam!

The Rain on the Plains is Mainly Garbage
    You have stopped the rain of giant garbage in the Nearby Plains. Slick!

Ooh, I Think I Smell a Rat
    You've solved the rat problem at the Typical Tavern. Way to go!

The Goblin Who Wouldn't Be King
    You have slain the Goblin King. Good job!

There Can Be Only One Topping
    You helped Black Angus, the Highland Lord, get a pizza delivered to his stupid tower in the stupid Highlands. Yaaaaay.

Other Quests:

Angry SyrinxLui, this is Azazel in Hell.
    You've found Azazel's unicorn, his lollipop, and his tutu. This peek into the nature of evil is disturbing, but the reward was gratifying. Go you!

I Rate, You Rate
    Congratulations, you're a mighty pirate! Time to man the poop deck and sail the eleven seas!

Driven Crazy
    You fetched the Untinker's screwdriver. Nice going!

The Hidden Legend of the Temple
    You've discovered the Hidden Temple in the Distant Woods.

Pencil-Thin Mush Stash
    You retrieved Buff Jimmy's stash of pencil-thin mushrooms.

Paradise Cheeseburger
    You gathered all of the ingredients for Buff Jimmy's weird cheeseburger.

Lost Shaker of Salt
    You retrieved Buff Jimmy's lost salt.

Audit-Tory Hallucinations
    You prevented Taco Dan from getting audited.

Cocktail as old as Cocktime
    You facilitated Taco Dan's bold cocktail sauce experiment.

Dirty Fishy Dish
    You wrangled up some taco fish for Taco Dan.

Cultural Studies
    You gathered disgusting bacteria for Broden the Brogre.

A Light Sprinkle
    You collected sprinkles for Broden the Brogre.

Beat Dead the Deadbeats
    You collected Broden the Brogre's debts for him.

And current quests looks like this:

Code:
Council Quests:

Gotta Worship Them All
    Search the Hidden Temple for the carving from your father's diary.

Just Deserts
    Explore the Arid, Extra-Dry Desert to find the pyramid mentioned in your father's journal.

Of Mice and Shen
    Go to the Copperhead Club and find Shen, the man mentioned in your father's diary.

Merry-Go-Ron
    Search for Ron Copperhead on the Red Zeppelin.

In a Manor of Spooking
    Gather the mortar-dissolving ingredients:
       * loosening powder from the Kitchen.
       * powdered castoreum from the Conservatory.
       * drain dissolver
       * triple-distilled turpentine from the Gallery.
       * detartrated anhydrous sublicalc from the Lab.
       * triatomaceous dust from the Storage Room.
    -or-
    Gather the explosive ingredients:
       * Chateau de Vinegar
       * blasting soda

SyrinxLui and the Quest for the Holy MacGuffin
    You've picked up your father's diary, and things just got a whole lot more complicated. Oh dear.

Other Quests:

Lady Spookyraven's Babies
    Gather up Lady Spookyraven's babies on the third floor of Spookyraven Manor.

A Quest, LOL
    The Highland Lord told you that the Baron Rof L'm Fao, in his valley in the Big Mountains, has been overrun by monsters. Maybe you should try to fight your way through them to the gates of the Baron's fortress.

Theraze

Okay, didn't end up modifying the meatbossbat because I wasn't sure if it had been fully understood. That one is basically just a regular +meat entry, since it affects the regular bodyguards.
I don't really 'get' why they called the other one meatboss when it seems all of the bosses affected by it don't drop any (variable) meat. Looks like it may be actually aiming for stats?
Code:
1	Knob Goblin Organ Grinder
2	Frumious Bandersnatch
3	Smiling Rat
4	Blood-Faced Volleyball

From post 4999:

I'll modify those two files though. The meat boss bat is only used for that boss - not sure how it differs from the regular meat boss rules...

Can you add the two new spleeners as well?
Also, I would make the same changes to the meat boss to the other meat file

Winterbay

Okay, didn't end up modifying the meatbossbat because I wasn't sure if it had been fully understood. That one is basically just a regular +meat entry, since it affects the regular bodyguards.
I don't really 'get' why they called the other one meatboss when it seems all of the bosses affected by it don't drop any (variable) meat. Looks like it may be actually aiming for stats?
Code:
1    Knob Goblin Organ Grinder
2    Frumious Bandersnatch
3    Smiling Rat
4    Blood-Faced Volleyball

Are there any more familiars that have specific boss-drops like the Organ Ginder? If so might be good to add those for people who do not have the Grinder.

Theraze

So you're saying powdered gold only drops from boss fights? I don't see that in the wiki. Since the question was, what familiar drops or bonuses are from bosses only, and so should be considered above anything else when fighting bosses that don't have 'normal' handling.

Doesn't look like there's anything boss-related for the Happy Medium.
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Siphon_Spirits

Looks like bosses aren't great for the boots either.
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Release_the_Boots