bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

no doubt it took me forever to find this last time. Then I had the brilliant idea of just watching the script in the graphical CLI to see what it was doing and it turns out it tells you the names of the variables when it runs. So for instance, if it says:

> BCC: We have not completed the stage [Manorbathroom].

then your variable name has that "Manorbathroom" in it. You can find the whole variable name under kolfoldername/settings/username_prefs.txt but all you do is add the prefix bcasc_stage_ to what the CLI shows

bcasc_stage_manorbathroom=xx

then you can do

set bcasc_stage_manorbathroom

to find the number, which I guess is set to the ascension number when you finish it, so you just add 1 to whatever it shows

set bcasc_stage_manorbathroom=xx

I remember it took me ages to find this number the first time. Of course once you realize that the CLI is telling you what the variable name is, then it's not too hard to figure out.

Agree with Ferdawoon would be nice to have this somewhere easy to find, no way I was able to grep through all the 500 comments here and find it.

Ahhh, I found all those "you have completed X and we need to set it as such. set_bcasc_[stage]=XYZ" but did not realize it was the number of my ascension it was doing! I thought it was some kind of internal script-based counter to just keep track of at which stage a character was. And since me downloading and deleting settings that the number had not properly been saved and that there would be no way for me, except going through all the script and understand each part of it, to find which number I was ment to use =/
It would seem that doing set_bcasc_[event]= #of completed ascensions as seen on character pane, will be how to set it as finished. Which seem to work with the memory I have where it was to be set along with something that was equal to ascension or something similar.

First I always exit KoLmafia and edit the character prefs file because I cannot remember the variable names, the gCLI option to set or clear something and whether the data is string or an ascension count or what. All of these things are easily answered but for me it is much simpler to infer the answers by looking at the file. IMO. YMMV.

Second, rather than improve a first post that no one is likely to read perhaps a better option would be to use the wiki for BCCA "How To?". I can see a page that reminds you that "set X = Y" (or similar) will set preference X to the value Y, has a table with the names for X and a brief description of the data type for Y. Eventually a description of what the preference controls could be added. It is certainly a reasonable idea given that there is even a zLib page.

Specifically, however, BCCA has (had) several issues with the Lady Spookyraven quests. It is checking for log entries that do not exist and thus failing to detect completion. This may have been addressed but since it is only a problem for me when I fail to start and complete all the portions in one session I'm not sure.

I'm no hardcore coder and I absolutly need babysitting when it comes to scripts not working properly /Hence why I tend to pester poor Winterbay on facebook whenever I dont understand something). However, I have spent time enough time on forums, and trying to find solutions to scripts here on this one, so I always go check the first post of a thread. Not to mention, that is the place where the svn code to install a script tend to be and I can copy+paste it from there. I guess I am part of the generation who don't read the manual before plunging head first into working with new tech, but still keep the manual close enough in case something goes horribly broken and I want to see if it is in the FAQ =D

Last edited:

bonerici

Ahhh, I found all those "you have completed X and we need to set it as such. set_bcasc_[stage]=XYZ" but did not realize it was the number of my ascension it was doing! I thought it was some kind of internal script-based counter to just keep track of at which stage a character was. And since me downloading and deleting settings that the number had not properly been saved and that there would be no way for me, except going through all the script and understand each part of it, to find which number I was ment to use =/

Actually if you had deleted all the kolmafia variables (you could just delete everything and do a clean install), the bumcheekascend script will re-create all those variables with the proper values (but you must have the most recent kolmafia). That's how I figured out it was the ascension number.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
the bumcheekascend script will re-create all those variables with the proper values

There was a BCCA bug that made the above statement not true for the Lady S outfit pieces quests and I am not certain that it has been fixed. If it was true then the reported problem would not have occurred.

deepy

Not sure where I ought to post this, but bumcheekcend is currently stuck in a loop for me.
Last one repeats forever, I've got no auto-attack set.

Code:
[1374] Twin Peak
Encounter: spider (duck?) topiary animal
Round 0: deepy loses initiative!
You lose 17 hit points
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
BCC: Run_Combat() is using consultCasual.
BCC: Round: 1 Opp: spider (duck?) topiary animal
BCC: You have selected to do casual runs like hardcore (using your CCS). Feel free to change this setting in the relay browser if you want a one-day-casual set of runaways..
BCC: Round: 2 Opp: spider (duck?) topiary animal
BCC: You have selected to do casual runs like hardcore (using your CCS). Feel free to change this setting in the relay browser if you want a one-day-casual set of runaways..
Mood swing complete.
Restoring HP! Currently at 145 of 163 HP, 176 of 249 MP, current meat: 6426 ... Target HP = 163.
Round 2: deepy casts LASAGNA BANDAGES!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
You gain 20 hit points
Round 3: Jeff drains 13 points worth of blood out of your opponent, and passes the savings on to you.
Round 3: spider (duck?) topiary animal takes 13 damage.
You gain 13 hit points

[1374] Twin Peak
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 2
KoLmafia thinks it is round 5 but KoL thinks it is round 2
BCC: Run_Combat() is using consultCasual.
BCC: Round: 5 Opp: spider (duck?) topiary animal
Mood swing complete.

Theraze

You've told it to use your CCS. Apparently that isn't returning anything. That's something you'll have to fix.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Considering that KoLmafia will not even show that you HAVE restricted familiars under such a run, I see no reason why this script would try to use them - and if it did, KoLmafia would fail the attempt, since you effectively don't even have them in your terrarium.

Theraze

Started my first OCRS runs after I got an [erronious] report that an aftercore script problem was fixed, so just starting on various tweaks.
So far:
hardcode a maximizer exception to avoid the actual reality goggles, since KoL still hasn't fixed that bug;
delay farming for the digital key until after we knock out the war boss, since we'll likely have our pixels without ever needing to farm.

Possible:
adding in monster modifier weight while in OCRS to promote using dice gear. Could also just be a standard weight bonus given, so that we'd try to use it during non-OCRS SC runs.
code for automatically delaying 8-bit either through a variable or when you have any bonus monster modifiers.

Thoughts? Things I should really add which I haven't found yet since I'm only on day two of OCRS? If nobody speaks up about the possibles, I'll probably just do monster modifiers as a standard weight and have the 8-bit delay based on monster modifiers, which should intelligently detect OCRS as well, so I only need a single check.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
So I've noticed since buying an Adventurous Spelunker that this script still uses Baby Gravy Fairy even when the Spelunker is at a higher weight. Any idea what's up?

Theraze

So I've noticed since buying an Adventurous Spelunker that this script still uses Baby Gravy Fairy even when the Spelunker is at a higher weight. Any idea what's up?

Probably that any familiar changes need to be manually added to the data files. If you want to do it for yourself, look at your bcs_fam_<options> files and tweak them. If you want to have it added to the general script, give suggestions on modifications.

But to be specific, it doesn't use the adventurous spelunker because it is never found in bcs_fam_items or bcs_fam_itemsnc.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Probably that any familiar changes need to be manually added to the data files. If you want to do it for yourself, look at your bcs_fam_<options> files and tweak them. If you want to have it added to the general script, give suggestions on modifications.

But to be specific, it doesn't use the adventurous spelunker because it is never found in bcs_fam_items or bcs_fam_itemsnc.

Exactly as I thought just couldn't remember where the files were :) Thanks I'll poke at it.

Theraze

Not a problem. If anyone has new familiar-order suggestions, feel free to share. Or not.

At some point I may stop just running 100% Cocoabo runs for the cheap meat. Maybe. Or 100% NZPR runs when not doing path-limited bits. Those are nicer.
If that ever does happen, I'll probably look at this. But the Cocoabo is just so nice when you're using WHAM...

I know it picks spleen familiars but it only does Rogue and Boots. If you are in a Type 69 Acsension it has no access to those so maybe add Unconscious Collective and Golden Monkey they seem to be the recommended ones. Galloping Grill for stats?

Theraze

I'll be removing the bcs_fam_hipster because it was only used for the oasis unlock, which has since been depreciated and so is never used.

We need to have someone look at the following data files:
equipmentnc
hebo
init
items
itemsnc
meatboss
meatbossbat
ml

Hardcoded general use familiars:
Spleeners are Rogue Program, Baby Sandworm, Bloovian Goose, and Unconscious Collective. These are checked first. Any additional special spleeners should be added to that list.
Then we use your default choice, if you have one.
If you haven't set a default, we'll use a stat-raising familiar from the following list: frumious bandersnatch, li'l xenomorph, smiling rat, or the blood-faced volleyball.

If all of those fail, we don't change things.

In additional to that, if we have told the script to try to runaway from all fights, we use the stomping boots and frumious bandersnatch during normal adventuring. But we don't farm anything from the boots. We probably don't want to natively 'support' paste or siphoning spirits, since those involve CCS decisions, but...
Any familiar changes we should be making to those, because possibly pulling last year's FotY off and replacing them with this year's edition?

I'll be removing the bcs_fam_hipster because it was only used for the oasis unlock, which has since been depreciated and so is never used.

We need to have someone look at the following data files:
equipmentnc
hebo
init
items
itemsnc
meatboss
meatbossbat
ml

Hardcoded general use familiars:
Spleeners are Rogue Program, Baby Sandworm, Bloovian Goose, and Unconscious Collective. These are checked first. Any additional special spleeners should be added to that list.
Then we use your default choice, if you have one.
If you haven't set a default, we'll use a stat-raising familiar from the following list: frumious bandersnatch, li'l xenomorph, smiling rat, or the blood-faced volleyball.

If all of those fail, we don't change things.

In additional to that, if we have told the script to try to runaway from all fights, we use the stomping boots and frumious bandersnatch during normal adventuring. But we don't farm anything from the boots. We probably don't want to natively 'support' paste or siphoning spirits, since those involve CCS decisions, but...
Any familiar changes we should be making to those, because possibly pulling last year's FotY off and replacing them with this year's edition?

I would add Golden Monkey to the spleeners. Let me look at the others tonight and tomorrow and I will post updates.

Theraze

Well, hebo is yellow ray. Items, init, and ml should be fairly self-evident. Meatboss is for fighting bosses that drop lots of meat, while meatbossbat is for fighting the meaty boss bat. NC on the end means that it's the same thing, but aimed for +non-combats. In other words, avoid Elvis.

The last one is equipmentnc, which is used only for farming the swashbuckling gear.

Ok I am working on what should be added. Any thoughts on removing ones that are not available in Standard? Also, any thoughts on using the Chateau empty picture frame if you don't or can't use an obtuse angel?