BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
When using SimpleSmack to call Batbrain the script isn't using flyers, from the mysterious island arena, to complete the sub-quest during wartime.
I am using Simplesmack and it has handled and is handling flyering as expected for me. That said I had it stuck in my head that you could flyer on the battlefield and when that wasn't happening I blamed SimpleSmack until I was reminded that

Anybody who would see this flyer is probably too busy fighting in the war to go to a concert. Try advertising somewhere else.

Magus_Prime

I know that it used to work for me but it wasn't using the flyers in my last two HC Wildfire runs. I'll dig deeper next time around.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
To clarify: flyering used to work in non-battlefield locations.

And it still does. Moments ago in an AT Fire run as a Fratboy, it flyered in all of the Junkyard locations, all of the Farm locations and in the Guard's and Queen's chambers (cause I use Shorts to get a gland). I do not doubt that you believe it has stopped flyering for you but since it hasn't for me, the focus should be on your situation with more details than it has stopped working.

Perhaps you forgot to pick up the flyers? Perhaps you have a script or setting that is interfering? Perhaps because I access BatBrain via simplesmack as a consult script?

Magus_Prime

Perhaps you forgot to pick up the flyers? Perhaps you have a script or setting that is interfering? Perhaps because I access BatBrain via simplesmack as a consult script?
I was trying to flyer in the Arid Extra-Dry Desert and am using Batbrain via SimpleSmack. The character had the flyers because using them worked if I used them manually. I won't be in a position to test again until, probably, two days from now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I was trying to flyer in the Arid Extra-Dry Desert and am using Batbrain via SimpleSmack. The character had the flyers because using them worked if I used them manually. I won't be in a position to test again until, probably, two days from now.

I have usually finished the desert before getting the flyers and don't have a reason to go back. But I can definitely try that in a couple of days if code inspection doesn't show a possible hiccup.

Magus_Prime

The key was in SmartStasis. The variable setting for zlib BatMan_flyereverything was set to false. Changing that to "true" restored the expected behavior. I'm guessing that I disabled using the flyers to test something and then forgot re-enable.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The key was in SmartStasis. The variable setting for zlib BatMan_flyereverything was set to false. Changing that to "true" restored the expected behavior. I'm guessing that I disabled using the flyers to test something and then forgot re-enable.
Thank you.

Crowther

Pulling the lever in Noon at the Train Station makes the Gingerbread alligator drop more sprinkles and increases attack and defense by 200. However, it also adds some kind of damage reduction or damage cap which causes calculations to be drastically wrong. Which, for me, results WHAM not winning the fight.

Does anyone know what this change to the gator is? I've never been good at spading things that require a lot of math.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Got any numbers (attacks with damage, modifiers, stats)?

Often these things can be mathed out with relatively few data points, especially for stronger characters.

Crowther

I can try. I'm going to be farming sprinkles about three weeks to get my tattoo. I'm level 19 right now.

I see mafia tracks the upgrade as "_gingerBiggerAlligators".

Crowther

Drat. That did not go as planned, but I did get a few data points. I was going to run a combat manually, but switched to the wrong CCS and automation ran all my gator fights. At least I had verbosity high.

Buffed mus 1222, buffed myst 720, buffed moxie 943. I see percent reductions all over the map and kneebutt seems to hardly work. I'm a TT with no blessings.

I edited the log down to WHAM's predictions and the actual damage. I understand this might be useless.

Attachments

• gator.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 1

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hm. WHAM is changing its damage estimates throughout the fight, interesting.

The monster seems to have 75% damage resistance across the board (Ashes and Soot should be dealing 50% + 50% of your buffed myst = 720, but is only doing 180; spectral snapper should be doing 20% of buffed mus + 10-40 = 254 - 284, did 65 which is in range for 75% resistance). At least, those two data points seem to be consistent, but if you want to be more confident, I'll need more info, since I don't really understand how WHAM updates its damage estimates.

What weapon were you using? (wallop, kneebutt; also relevant is +weapon damage, e.g. from passives) And what pants did you have equipped? (kneebutt; also relevant is if you have Tao) How much +spell damage did you have? (for saucegeyser)

Crowther

Drat. I lost all my spading information I typed here.

The unenhanced gingerbread alligator has 50% physical and elemental resistance and the enhanced one has 75% to both.

I'm going to add this and see if things work better.

Code:
monster 1989    Gingerbread Alligator  0.75|7.5 prismatic 0

Crowther

Okay, finally got things right to test that line and no, it did not work. Damage calculations are still off.

I still see damage from Soot and Ashes at 75% of what I'd expect (50% of my buff myst in physical and hot damage).

Buffed Myst: 1188
You conjure up an entire hearth's worth of hot ashes and soot in the air above your foe. The smolder mass plops down onto him, dealing 149 (+149) damage.

This is after pulling the lever. Before I see 50% reduction.
But even after adding that above line (with tabs) to batfactors.txt, WHAM is still overestimating damage. WHAM is no longer losing fights, so my motivation has faded. AKA, I give up.

Crowther

Drat. All the monsters in the sewer have some reistance that batfactors doesn't capture. I just don't get beaten up because of it.

Magus_Prime

It seems that the path name for "Ed" has changed in KoLmafia. I now see this in the gCLI:
Changing "ed" to "Ed the Undying" would get rid of this message. (zlib.ash, line 503)
Changing "ed" to "Ed the Undying" would get rid of this message. (BatBrain.ash, line 620)
Changing "ed" to "Ed the Undying" would get rid of this message. (BatBrain.ash, line 684)

VladYvhuce

It seems that the path name for "Ed" has changed in KoLmafia. I now see this in the gCLI:
Changing "ed" to "Ed the Undying" would get rid of this message. (zlib.ash, line 503)
Changing "ed" to "Ed the Undying" would get rid of this message. (BatBrain.ash, line 620)
Changing "ed" to "Ed the Undying" would get rid of this message. (BatBrain.ash, line 684)

I've been getting that for a while, ever since the forum notice that the path name had changed. Wasn't sure where to put it, bit it seems like it only shows up first time one uses Wham/Smartstasis.