BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

digitrev

Not sure if this is a bug in BatBrain or mafia, but BatMan RE keeps suggesting I use a book of matches to kill monsters; it thinks there is no cost to using it, since $item[book of matches].reusable == true. However, if used *in combat* it's consumed...

I just slap that bad boy into WHAM donotuse relay script with a limit of 1.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Is there a different combat-reusable flag, or are those shared between combat and non-combat items?
There is internally, but the ASH proxy field "reusable" returns true if the item is reusable in or out of combat, which makes it impossible for an ASH program to distinguish. I just made a change:

> ash $item[ book of matches ]

Returned: book of matches
plural => books of matches
descid => 204360525
combat => true
combat_reusable => false
usable => true
reusable => true
Obviously the script will need to change to use this, but now it has what it needs...

Revision 14006

Theraze

Thanks Veracity!

So the fix for BatBrain is to change the 3 .reusable sections to .combat_reusable and then it should be accurate and not waste items which aren't actually reusable in combat anymore... :)

digitrev

I added the following line at line 616:

Code:
case $familiar[Warbear Drone]: crownrate = 0; break;

This is because WHAM & SS kept singing for 26 rounds, since it was hopeful for that whosit drop. Since the Warbear Drone only drops in the first round, setting the rate to 0 prevents SS from trying to get that drop.

digitrev

Got a quick question about adding a line to batfactors.txt. Does this seem about right for the DNA syringe? I want to make sure I don't break anything like I did last time with Bale.
Code:
item	7383	DNA extraction syringe	0	0	stun 1, once, custom

Bale

Minion
That looks fine. I'm puzzled though why the DNA extraction syringe isn't already there. I personally added it, but it seems someone else must have removed it for reasons unknown.

Theraze

Someone apparently uploaded an old copy of batfactors at some point, since firebombs had been in there as well and are gone now. Not sure what other items got deleted. :(

xKiv

DNA syringe doesn't stun/stagger if you already have something in it. It just wastes a turn and lets the monster hit you, which is the opposite of what you want.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That seems like it would only be the case if you have that monster's phylum in the syringe already, since grabbing a new phylum is a normal thing to do (and making a tonic doesn't empty it).

xKiv

That seems like it would only be the case if you have that monster's phylum in the syringe already, since grabbing a new phylum is a normal thing to do (and making a tonic doesn't empty it).

Right. Still, not as useful at staggering as I thought before I tried it. Many places have only one phylum, and you can get repeats anyway.

Theraze

As a data point, batfactors lost firebombs (and who knows what else) between 3/18/14 and 5/15/14. Since 3/18 is when a comment was made about how useful the fact that someone had added firebombs was, and 5/15 is the oldest of the 3 backups in my Dropbox folder and it doesn't have firebombs. If someone has an older copy than 5/15 hanging around, it might still have that and any other useful additions that were lost.

Crowther

As a data point, batfactors lost firebombs (and who knows what else) between 3/18/14 and 5/15/14. Since 3/18 is when a comment was made about how useful the fact that someone had added firebombs was, and 5/15 is the oldest of the 3 backups in my Dropbox folder and it doesn't have firebombs. If someone has an older copy than 5/15 hanging around, it might still have that and any other useful additions that were lost.
I was keeping an revision log for batfactors, manually. However, the last entry is 3/19 when I noticed firebombs were added. On 3/17 I noticed disposable instant camera being added. If batfactors got reverted, that would explain why disposable instant camera was not used my last couple or runs. I don't have anything between 3/19 and today and the two things I mentioned are the only things missing from todays vs 3/19.

Bale

Minion
DNA syringe doesn't stun/stagger if you already have something in it. It just wastes a turn and lets the monster hit you, which is the opposite of what you want.

It's listed as a custom action though. That means it will only be used when it is specifically called for. In those instances it will stagger the monster so it is "stun 1" whenever it should be used by a script.

Crowther

Okay, I added ghost of Elizabeth Spookyraven, Stephen Spookyraven, firebombs, and disposable instant camera to batfactors.txt.

zarqon

Updates!

On the 16th, r37 gave us Crowther's patch for Grimstone familiars.

Today, r38 gives us support for many more skills/items, most notably including Flash Headlight and some of the more recent copy/banish items. Actually, batfactors probably changed more than BatBrain.ash did.

We also now check the new combat_reusable proxy field to avoid confusion (thanks Veracity).

Bale

Minion
Thanks! I've got a suggested patch.

In action_filter() you need to account for the fact that increased ML now increases monster's physical and elemental resistances. This would go anywhere before you declare that mother slime's resistances are equal to 1, because it would be weird to have more than 100% resistance.

Code:
   if (numeric_modifier("Monster Level") > 25) {
      float ml_res = min(numeric_modifier("Monster Level") * .004, .5);
      foreach res in mres
         mres[res] += ml_res;
   }

Does anyone know the details of how stun resistance works at high ML?