Bug - Not A Bug Bad Moon Fortune cookie now in Market not Hell's Kitchen

tgetgel

"eat fortune cookie" in gCLI yields
Code:
> eat fortune cook

Visiting Hell's Kitchen...
Menu retrieved.
Since you are not in a Mysticality sign, you may not visit the restaurant.
[COLOR="red"]You need 1 more fortune cookie to continue[/COLOR]

Running v 9420. (DB in KC)

When I go to the Market in Relay Browser, I can buy the cookie. TheKolWiki does not list the cookie in Hell's Kitchen. I hope this is not an indication that I blew my KC run!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You are confused.

When you do an "eat" command, it first attempts to get it from Hell's Kitchen. If it cannot find it there, it attempts to get it from Chez Snootee. If it cannot find it there, it has to be in inventory. If it is not there, it prints the red message you quoted.

In your example:
- KoLmafia did not find the item in Hell's Kitchen
- KoLmafia told you that you cannot visit Chez Snootee (I need to fix the message, since it is no longer a Mysticality Sign thing.)
- KoLmafia did not find a fortune cookie in inventory
- KoLmafia correctly told you that you need to go get a fortune cookie.

If you had then told it to buy the fortune cookie, it would have found it in the Market Demon, same as alway.

Bale

Minion
If you had then told it to buy the fortune cookie, it would have found it in the Market Demon, same as alway.

I disagree. He does not need to tell it to buy the fortune cookie.

I type "eat fortune" in the CLI all the time! It then reports about the lack of access to the restaurant, finds the cookie in the market, then BUYS it and eats it.

He has an error. Of course if he's got less than 40 meat that would explain his problem. I suspect that is what went wrong.

Bale

Minion
Thanks for getting rid of that unnecessary warning today. It never hurt me, but it was a teeeny-tiiiiny bit (dare I say it?) annoying. ;)