Auto 2-day HCCS

extynt

im sad, i mis achievement in run 140, mostly since somehwere was setting spirit Garlic instead Peppermint, idk if that i do myself from error or script itself, those cost me 2-3 beatem up in gator and ruin my run , also i cant see if they got all need potion in day 2...[]

Ok I have the following issues:

1. It tried to equip a barrell lid even though I didn't have the shrine.
2. I would suggest doing all casts for a particular buff instead of individual to save server hits.
3. Put in markers after buffs so that if fails you do not rebuff and that causes use of all free rests and MP.
4. Tried to use the forest florist without the distant woods being opened.

HotelDon

"You can't hit anything there."

I keep getting this error message on the first day right after stage 45. Not really sure how to modify the script to fix this, the first time it happened I just finished the day out manually and came up way short on the 2 day mark.

Crowther

"You can't hit anything there."

I keep getting this error message on the first day right after stage 45. Not really sure how to modify the script to fix this, the first time it happened I just finished the day out manually and came up way short on the 2 day mark.
This is a warning from mafia. It happens because you have your combat action set to attack and yet you can't hit anything in that zone by attacking. Switch your combat action to something else and this warning will go away. I suggest using WHAM, but that's a bit of work to set up.

RESPRiT

Ok I have the following issues:

1. It tried to equip a barrell lid even though I didn't have the shrine.
2. I would suggest doing all casts for a particular buff instead of individual to save server hits.
3. Put in markers after buffs so that if fails you do not rebuff and that causes use of all free rests and MP.
4. Tried to use the forest florist without the distant woods being opened.

I fixed issues 1, 3 and 4, whenever Marluth merges with my pull request the changes should be live. I'm hesitant to add the logic to multicast since the fact that the chateau gives variable MP means that it's more efficient to just determine how to spend mana after each chateau rest. Maybe I'll add the logic, but it would be a bit messy and tedious for something that has super marginal benefits.

@extynt I saw that Spirit of Garlic is cast for the bonus spell damage, but is never tuned otherwise. I meant to fix it during my session just now but forgot... For the meantime, I really recommend just using Saucegeyser instead of (what I assume is) mortar.

alanlke

I think this code introduces some infinite loops when I don't have the skills and/or when I don't have the free rests. Should it be subject to the same tests as the previous chateauCast method?

+void chateauCast(skill which, int duration) {
+ while(have_effect(to_effect(which)) < duration) {
+ chateauCast(which);
+ }

extynt

@extynt I saw that Spirit of Garlic is cast for the bonus spell damage, but is never tuned otherwise. I meant to fix it during my session just now but forgot... For the meantime, I really recommend just using Saucegeyser instead of (what I assume is) mortar.
TY

RESPRiT

I think this code introduces some infinite loops when I don't have the skills and/or when I don't have the free rests. Should it be subject to the same tests as the previous chateauCast method?

+void chateauCast(skill which, int duration) {
+ while(have_effect(to_effect(which)) < duration) {
+ chateauCast(which);
+ }

Bleh you're right, I'll try to push a fix tomorrow morning. Sorry about that, it's so hard to debug code with the nature of KOL having finite turns.

RESPRiT

I've pushed the loop fix. For anyone who wants to do it manually, just change line 374 from:
Code:
while(have_effect(to_effect(which)) < duration) {
to:
Code:
while(have_skill(which) && have_effect(to_effect(which)) < duration) {

alanlke

I've pushed the loop fix. For anyone who wants to do it manually, just change line 374 from:
Code:
while(have_effect(to_effect(which)) < duration) {
to:
Code:
while(have_skill(which) && have_effect(to_effect(which)) < duration) {

I am not looking at it right now, so I'm probably talking out of my hat, but will it still loop if you're out of free rests but do have the skill?

RESPRiT

I am not looking at it right now, so I'm probably talking out of my hat, but will it still loop if you're out of free rests but do have the skill?

Chateaucast resorts to spending meat if you're out of free rests. That being said, you're totally right in that it'll loop if you run out of meat. I've been very busy for this upcoming Halloween and won't be able to push a fix to that (although if you're running out of meat for mana you probably won't be able to get through the script anyways), so hopefully Marluth can address or someone else can put in a pull request for it. It should be pretty easy to fix though.

Alright, so I tried it again with the Sk8 gnome and it did worse than with the goat. Now I tried it again and now it doesn't work at all since I ran it, it did a few things, froze, and now it doesn't do anything whenever I run the script. It just says "running HCCS day 1" and sits there.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong anymore. I've done literally everything I could and it still doesn't work for zero reason.

RESPRiT

Alright, so I tried it again with the Sk8 gnome and it did worse than with the goat. Now I tried it again and now it doesn't work at all since I ran it, it did a few things, froze, and now it doesn't do anything whenever I run the script. It just says "running HCCS day 1" and sits there.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong anymore. I've done literally everything I could and it still doesn't work for zero reason.

Update the script again, there was in infinite loop bug. Can you list your skills and IOTMs? Maybe even post a session log.

RESPRiT

Chateaucast resorts to spending meat if you're out of free rests. That being said, you're totally right in that it'll loop if you run out of meat. I've been very busy for this upcoming Halloween and won't be able to push a fix to that (although if you're running out of meat for mana you probably won't be able to get through the script anyways), so hopefully Marluth can address or someone else can put in a pull request for it. It should be pretty easy to fix though.

I actually looked at the source and the script aborts if you run out of ways to restore mana anyways so no new loops should arise. Nice to know I don't have to push a new fix :p

Update the script again, there was in infinite loop bug. Can you list your skills and IOTMs? Maybe even post a session log.

Alright. Here's the session log, with all the skills included.
http://pastebin.com/rWvZ7r0i

As for relevant/usable IotM's.

- Smith's Tome
- Chateau Mantegna
- Deck of Every Card
- VIP Lounge (with fully equipped clan)
- DNA Lab
- Winter Garden
- Dinseylandfill
- That 70's Volcano
- Puck Man
- Fist Turkey
- Florist Friar
- Crimbo Shrub
- Haunted Doghouse
- Barrel Shrine

Oh, and I updated the script and things went smoothly. I died a couple times in the Caldera though, so there's that.

Last edited:

RESPRiT

Could you post a log that goes through the script smoothly? Also, in case anyone is wondering, I just successfully completed a 2/428 HC Pastamancer run using my latest build of the script. I'm going to test the other classes as well, but I think that with the right skills, this script should be able to work with any class after I'm done with my changes.

jeff

For anyone who's still having difficulty with MP while powerlevelling, Soulsauce gives you the equivalent of at least an extra 15MP at the end of each combat at Gators.