Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

Theraze

Yeah... writing that it's skipping an item shouldn't change the map.

Check for another EatDrink.ash file in a different folder? Maybe you're having it run an alternate version that still has the map modified bug...

nsd45

Ok it is fixed when i updated it using the update now in gui it didn't work when i manually downloaded it and dropped it into the script folder all was well sorry for the inconvenience at very least i hope this post helps someone else from going mad over the same problem.

Winterbay

I have donated a long time ago, however I the PM that I got had been removed, can a moderator send me another?

Nope, you need to send a message to dj_d either in game or as a DM here on the forums. Only he has the ability to see who has paid and who is just making things up.

nsd45

It keeps trying to change my mcd to 11 and because it cant it stops im going manual for now till i get past that but thought you guys should know

Adventuring until you have 1 mizzenmast mop
F'c'le is OK, as it will do <25% of your HP in damage if you get hit.
F'c'le is OK, as it will do <25% of your HP in damage if you get hit.
Safe to adventure in F'c'le. Will adjust MCD if needed and proceed.
Changing mcd to 11 for adventuring in F'c'le.
The dial only goes from 0 to 10.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What do you want to bet that it uses "in_mysticality_sign" to determine if you have access to Little Canadia?

slyz

Developer
In LevelUp.ash, change line 140
PHP:
if (in_mysticality_sign()) maxmcd = 11;
to
PHP:
if (canadia_available()) maxmcd = 11;
This will solve your particular problem.

To completely support the new signs, lines 123-132 of LevelUp.ash should also be changed to:
PHP:
  boolean gotradio = false;
  if (knoll_available())
    gotradio = retrieve_item(1,$item[detuned radio]);
  if ((!knoll_available() && !gnomads_available() && !canadia_available()) ||
      (knoll_available() && !gotradio) ||
      (gnomads_available() && (item_amount($item["bitchin' meatcar"]) == 0) && 
       (creatable_amount($item["bitchin' meatcar"]) == 0))) 
  {
    return;
  }

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
LevelUp has its own thread but I made the change in #748 and posted a new version there. Bundled that version and a couple other minor Ascend changes in an Ascend update 2011_05_29.zip. Biggest one is that it will automate the crypt again although terribly sub-optimally.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
where is dj_d?

Who wants to know? He has stepped back from KoL while he focuses on his real life job. He sometimes answers in game messages and PMs from the board and usually answers at the email address in the first post. If you already have the password then the folks who are running Ascend can probably help you instead.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
because of the thing on the first page. i don't have a mr.a to trade and probally won't for a while.

I wrote the thing on the first page so if it is too scary maybe I need to tone it down. dj_d has logged in to kol today so I would expect a password request would be honored when you have and send the mr. a.

Mmkay, now farm.ash is complaining. It presents me with the error:
PHP:
Error - no location found where you can adventure.

My character is a level 15 seal clubber, and I've downloaded the latest version of canadv.ash. Help please....

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Mmkay, now farm.ash is complaining. It presents me with the error:
PHP:
Error - no location found where you can adventure.

My character is a level 15 seal clubber, and I've downloaded the latest version of canadv.ash. Help please....

I'll try and look but understand that I haven't looked at farm in several months.

Theraze

Another question... what version of CanAdv? The released version in the first post, or the modified one in the last post? It probably won't affect too much unless it decides to incorrectly try for something it believes is available, but the released version doesn't have new moonsign handling or anything like that, so it might be thinking you have improper zones available and giving you that error message when it tries to adventure in a locked zone. The modified form should handle those.

Winterbay

You should still be able to farm say the outskirts of the knob or similar unless you have put yoru moxie to like 0 and ran a lot of +ML...

Edit: The given error message only shows up if no zone at all is available and to a level 15 SC this really should not be the case unless the above is true...

Could you potentially post the CLI-output before that part so we can see if it does anything?

Last edited: