Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

zarufan1

So, does this script run buffs? Like, when doing the chasm can it be told to run smooth+sonata, then run confrontation+musk when doing the castle? Can I tell it to run Ur-Kel's, Leash and Empathy the whole run?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
My first reaction -- moods are your friend.

[[On a related note: Why would you run Smooth/sonata in the chasm, again? Isn't everything there a combat?]]

zarufan1

I think I meant to say the Cyrpt, not the Chasm, but my post made the same point. I've never used moods before, so I was unaware of this built-in mafia ability. Now I supposed I'll have to actually check that stuff out. :p

So if I were to run this script with moods fully set up and >50 permed skills, how fast do you guys think the script could work?

Last edited:

Mr_Crac

So how well does this work in Hardcore? I have only skimmed through the 49 pages of this thread, but I am under the impression that I would have to:

-do the eating/drinking/spleening myself
-have one outfit 'melee' as the default, and change it manually whenever I acquire something worth equipping
-do the familiar switching myself
-use another script on top of this (the Hardcore checklist or how's it called)

Is this correct?

Last edited:

Bazaaretw

So how well does this work in Hardcore? I have only skimmed through the 49 pages of this thread, but I am under the impression that I would have to:

-do the eating/drinking/spleening myself
-have one outfit 'melee' as the default, and change it manually whenever I acquire something worth equipping
-do the familiar switching myself
-use another script on top of this (the Hardcore checklist or how's it called)

Is this correct?
Give it a try for yourself, and find out. :D

dj_d

Hey all! Just popping in to let folks know: not dead, ridiculously busy. The bot to auto-mail passwords on receipt of Mr. A was down for a bit but is now back so passwords will be coming out within 24 hours of sending the 'A'.

I will see about getting an updated version out to work with the latest version of all the scripts... honest... soon. ;)

Mr_Crac

That's not really helpful... if I could "just try out" a, say, version of this that is limited to one-time use, and could then decide on spending 10 bucks on it, sure that's what I would do. But I don't have that option.

slyz

Developer

I can understand why someone would want to know this sort of things before spending a Mr A on a script. I don't have access to ascension.ash, but maybe someone who does can actually answer your questions?

I think dj_d really did a hands-off script, but if you want to optimize even slightly combats and familiar-switching (aside from switching to +meat or +item when needed), I would say that yes, you would have to do all that yourself. Although clever use of 'maximize' might take care of that.

It's nice, but sometimes, when I go to eat/drink (using it) it attempts to do the same thing over and over, in an infinite loop of failure.
Ie, it tries to drink a Mon Tiki, fails, and attempts again. Lather, rinse, repeat. I just normally stop it, and then restart the script.
I also find that it's kinda slow sometimes, though I might not have the right outfits and stuff though, so it might just be me.

dj_d

It is not fully hands-off for hardcore. It assumes you have mall access past a certain point, so there are a number of things you need to do that are not scripted. Hence the reference to the HC Checklist.

It will eat appropriately in hardcore. It will not manage familiars and outfits, except insofar as is necessary to complete quests (e.g. equipping pirate digs when needed). As said - it will work (fully automatically in softcore), but it will not optimize.

zarufan1

It will not manage familiars and outfits, except insofar as is necessary to complete quests (e.g. equipping pirate digs when needed).

With that in mind, how hard would it be for a computer/scripting-illiterate person like me to program mafia (or even this script) to run certain outfits/items for certain quests?

wshs

Got the infinite loop again.

Setting values
(All the food/drink names and stats)
FAIL: <b>hot date</b> lev:7 gain:2.0 adv:4.5 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:25.0 meat:130 own:3 value:1410
hot date full 2 advscore 1350.0 statscore 125.0 costscore 65.0 val 1410.0 od false
Choosing food to consume.
Sorting by # you have
Waiting to consume...
<b>hot date</b> lev:7 gain:2.0 adv:4.5 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:25.0 meat:130 own:3 value:1410
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a hot date and you're not able to shop.

....repeat until I notice the script is still running and kill it. It was able to consume a Hot Date once, however.

slyz

Developer
Do you have hot dates in storage but not in your inventory? Are you HC or in Ronin? Does mafia think you have pulls left? (Find out by typing ashq print(pulls_remaining()); in the gCLI).