Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

dj_d

All of Zarqon's scripts were recently updated to use zlib.ash. If you update to his versions, it will cause all sorts of conflicts. I have a local version of ascend.ash that's updated to be compatible with Zarqon's mods, but since I've been puttering around in aftercore, I haven't had a chance to test it yet (hence why it's not uploaded).

So, either:
- use the versions in the ascend.zip, or
- resolve the conflicts (which are pretty easy - you can delete the offending line of levelup.ash, for example).

Or just wait for me to get around to QAing the new version. :)

codster62

Ok. It works on my other computer, just not my other one. Thanks. I am just using the pre-packaged scripts because there is more than 1 offending line, and if I delete it several more errors pop up. I am just going to revert to what I had before. Thanks!

Sputnik1

I have a couple questions...

First, I was wondering how I change the script to only do the fastest method for finishing the Island quest?

Second, I was wondering how hard it would be for the EatDrink script to remember the last suggestions and use them again for accounts that dont ascend?
I'm just trying to find a way to make it less time intensive for nonascenders. say for adventurers over level 15

Last edited:

Sputnik1

IM currently getting an entryway problem
something to do with not having an original G I think
shouldnt the script get it for me.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20090814.txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 58

dj_d

@Sputnik1: The script invokes Mafia commands to run the entryway, so I'm afraid I can't help much. If you're still in ronin or playing hardcore, that might be the problem - the script assumes you have access to the store. Otherwise, it sounds like a mafia state glitch. I'd upgrade to the latest version and try again.

I've personally ascended with the script dozens of times without seeing it.

You should check in on the wossname thread for help in configuring that.

If you go over to eatdrink.ash thread, you'll find a new version in the thread list that's much faster. I'll update ascend.ash with it soon, but you can use it in the mean time.

Sputnik1

thanks dj_d
um sorry to sound like a broken record, i updated the eatdrink and now i got this

> call scripts\Ascend.ash

Function 'have_item' defined multiple times (macguffin.ash, line 13)

since that is the only thing I have done other than change the data files by deleting them and redownloading them, im thinking something got messed up but i dont know what

Edit:
I went to a older version, the original in the ascend zip, and it worked, so i dont know how the newer one you posted is having problems

Last edited:

dj_d

The newer version uses zlib, which conflicts with the scripts in the ZIP which don't. Sometime shortly I'll package up a new version that all plays nice together - I'm waiting to make sure the new version of eatdrink.ash is stable first.

Nightmaster

So I don't know when/if the OCW stopped causing trouble, but here's my problem (will read all of remaining thread after posting) I'm using this as a level 23 DB, and I've completed all the quests EXCEPT for the NS. there is a line in the OCW that says to abort if the Island war quest is already completed, and since it is, it stops the ascend script in its tracks. I've tried some minor retooling, but there seems to be basically no quick fix (but I am far from a scripting guru).

script:
if (get_property("warProgress") == "finished") abort("You have already completed the Level 12 quest. You victor you.");

Log:
Checking step #34, 'Beanstalk'.
Checking step #35, 'Level11'.
Checking step #36, 'Ballroom'.
Checking step #37, 'Macguffin'.
Checking step #38, 'Level12'.
Checking step #39, 'IslandWar'.
Working on quest step IslandWar.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
If you run out of adventures, you'll have to restart this script.
You have already completed the Level 12 quest. You victor you.
/log

I'll resume my reading of the thread, but if you can give me a hand I'd be happy.

dj_d

If you just want a quick hack, comment out the line
Code:
boolean ok = cli_execute("call Wossname.ash");

Nightmaster

Quick Hacks are fine if they work, but commenting out that line threw me into a loop where it keeps checking on the Island war quest. See Below.

Checking step #37, 'Macguffin'.
Checking step #38, 'Level12'.
Council of Loathing

Be strong, Adventurer! You must defeat the Naughty Sorceress! You'll find her Lair just east of the Nearby Plains.
Council of Loathing

Be strong, Adventurer! You must defeat the Naughty Sorceress! You'll find her Lair just east of the Nearby Plains.
Council of Loathing

Council of Loathing

Council of Loathing

Council of Loathing

etc....etc...etc.

dj_d

Well, the script is no longer stopped in its tracks. :)

Try commenting this out of "ascend status.ash".

Code:
   if (QuestSteps[i] == "IslandWar")
      if (!contains_text(finishedQuestLog, "For The Horde") && 
      !contains_text(finishedQuestLog, "pirates to annihilate both"))
        return i;

Sputnik1

dj_d
I was wondering how close you are to incorporating zlib into the script, cuz i still cant get ascend to work

im still getting the

Function 'have_item' defined multiple times (macguffin.ash, line 13)