New Content - Implemented airplane charter: Spring Break Beach

Bale

Minion
I admit I haven't read this whole thread, but I can't figure out where/how mafia keeps track of how much "taco fish meat" you've collected on the Sunken Party Yacht.

Not tracking. The feature would need to be added and the current high price of ultimate mind destroyers is inhibiting the desire to do that. Darzil will probably consider adding that once the price goes down.

Darzil

Developer
Not tracking. The feature would need to be added and the current high price of ultimate mind destroyers is inhibiting the desire to do that. Darzil will probably consider adding that once the price goes down.

If I get the conjunction of finally hitting my day, being in aftercore, and having time! Some of the quests will be easier to track than others.

xKiv

Also, it's in (vanilla) quest tracker. These quests were why I learned where I put the quest tracker in my CHIT config, and I remember seeing it show how much taco dan taco fish taco meat I collected. Also why I went and made sure to enable quest tracker in kol's options.

Sarmatron

Can we maybe add an option that would work the way it used to (i.e. Beach Bucks or halt)? I liked being able to farm bucks while they're there, and then moving onto something else.

Blabo

I bought the airplane charter and used it, but the zones and choice adventures don't show up in mafia. When I manually go to a spring break beach zone and adventure in it then it shows up in mafia but with Override: as the area instead of Spring Break Beach. How do I get mafia to recognize that I have access to spring break beach?

Theraze

Update to the latest version of mafia using the "Daily Builds" section from the top of the page, rather than a month+ old 'release' version that stops being relevant the day after it is released... :)

Blabo

So I'm on the latest daily build, I use the KolMafiaUpdate.exe program to update every time I run mafia.

I think I have more detail as to what exactly the issue might be. I run 2 instances of Mafia at the same time, one for my main and one for my alt. They both have access to Spring Break Beach and it seems like whichever instance of mafia I open second doesn't list the zones, but the first instance does. Not sure if that helps any or not.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
So I'm on the latest daily build, I use the KolMafiaUpdate.exe program to update every time I run mafia.

I think I have more detail as to what exactly the issue might be. I run 2 instances of Mafia at the same time, one for my main and one for my alt. They both have access to Spring Break Beach and it seems like whichever instance of mafia I open second doesn't list the zones, but the first instance does. Not sure if that helps any or not.

Are they in the same folder? If they are in different folders, your data folder might have adventures.txt in it, which you should delete.

Blabo

Are they in the same folder? If they are in different folders, your data folder might have adventures.txt in it, which you should delete.

They are in the same folder. I deleted KoLmafia.exe and the jar files and re-downloaded them manually from the site and that seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the help.

Bale

Minion
What is missing for this to be properly implemented?

Is there anything left except to detect if the airport is available, which might not be feasible?

Crowther

We clearly don't know the whole story for the UMD. I got my first two exactly a week apart, then failed to make it to the yacht for a third, then found it a few days later.
Code:
Crowther_20140504.txt:You acquire an item: Ultimate Mind Destroyer
Crowther_20140511.txt:You acquire an item: Ultimate Mind Destroyer
Crowther_20140521.txt:You acquire an item: Ultimate Mind Destroyer

Darzil

Developer
If someone is doing it, can you get me the current quests quest log text for the Buff Jimmy Cheeseburger quest when just started, and after the ingredients have been gathered, but not yet returned to Jimmy ? Don't really want to spend 350k just to get that information!