New Content - Implemented Advent 2011

slyz

Developer
would be awesome if the choice adventure for fudgewasps was something like how haunted house worked, ie: "fight fudgewasps or fudge lily" choosing to fight if the counter indicated fights were still avail.
As I already said in this thread, it's too much work for very little benefit. Unlike the sorority house, the fudgewasps are a straightforward 3 times per day result. You can simply adventure with a goal of "3 choiceadv", then select another choice if you want.

GValko

r10118
Code:
>buy 2 duperheated fudge
Purchasing superheated fudge (2 @ 2,990)...
Unrecognized item found: 2 blasts of superheated fudge
You acquire blasts of superheated fudge (2)
Wrong item received - possibly its name or plural has changed.
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 2, got 0)

I don't have any overrides in my data files, so this should be Mafia's defaults.

Is there any reason superheated fudge/fluid of fudge finding aren't delimited by tabs per the usual standard in the default data files? That's what's breaking it.

slyz

Developer
Ah, my bad (once again). r10119 should work.

It looks like my implementation of _fudgeWaspFights isn't working as expected. When adventuring via the Relay Browser, I fought 3 swarms from the choice adventure, but my _fudgeWaspFights property was set to 5

Code:
[4536] Fudge Mountain
Encounter: Fudge Mountain Breakdown
Encounter: swarm of fudgewasps
Round 0: slyz wins initiative!
(...)

[4537] Fudge Mountain
(...)

[4538] Fudge Mountain
(...)
For the first two adventures, the "Encounter:" line was repeated, but not for the 3rd adventure. I don't have much time to look into that today, but I'll try to find out what is going on.

GValko

We now get a wizard who the hell cares about that we now can make stuff from fudge!

--------------------
5441 wand of fudge control usable display 0
5441 928631321 fudgewand.gif wand of fudge control
# wand of fudge control
--------------------
Looking at item #5459...
Unknown item found: fudge spork (5459, 143060417)
--------------------
5459 fudge spork usable all 0
5459 143060417 fudgespork.gif fudge spork
# fudge spork
--------------------
Looking at item #5458...
Unknown item found: fudge bunny (5458, 236728552)
--------------------
5458 fudge bunny food all 0
5458 236728552 fudgebunny.gif fudge bunny
# fudge bunny
--------------------
Looking at item #5457...
Unknown item found: Fudgie Roll (5457, 254915150)
--------------------
5457 Fudgie Roll usable display 0
5457 254915150 fudgieroll.gif Fudgie Roll
Fudgie Roll Effect: "Sugar Rush", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
Looking at item #5461...
Unknown item found: fudge cube (5461, 404026577)
--------------------
5461 fudge cube none all 0
5461 404026577 fudgecube.gif fudge cube
# fudge cube
--------------------
Looking at item #5462...
Unknown item found: blank fudge mold (5462, 626738475)
--------------------
5462 blank fudge mold none all 0
5462 626738475 fudgemold.gif blank fudge mold
# blank fudge mold
--------------------
Looking at item #5460...
Unknown item found: fudgecycle (5460, 836737182)
--------------------
5460 fudgecycle accessory all 0
5460 836737182 fudgecycle.gif fudgecycle
fudgecycle 200 Mys: 85
fudgecycle Adventures: +7, Candy Drop: +100, HP Regen Min: 10, HP Regen Max: 20, MP Regen Min: 10, MP Regen Max: 20
--------------------

Yendor

Using the wand gives the choice You're the Fudge Wizard Now, Dog (number 562), with six choices:
Make a Fudgie Roll (100 fudgecules)
Make a fudge spork (200 fudgecules)
Make a fudge cube (343 fudgecules)
Make a Fudge Bunny (1000 fudgecules)
Make a fudgecycle (2500 fudgecules)
Stop controlling fudge

The sucker scaffold is now pastable with the fudge cube to make the blank fudge mold.

slyz

Developer
r10124 adds the items.

I haven't implemented the choice adventure yet, because it turns out that you can keep creating fudge items until you choose "Stop controlling fudge", à la Arboreal Respite.

I'm not sure how to handle this, since the user should be able to specify how many of a specific item he wants.

Since using the wand doesn't use an adventure, maybe we could make a FUDGE creation method for those items?

EDIT: or implement it as a coinmaster?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
EDIT: or implement it as a coinmaster?
Coinmasters require fixed URLs to buy and sell items which are always available (modulo conditions, perhaps - like being Transpondent to get to the lunar vendors.) A choice adventure is not an obvious choice (heh heh) for a coinmaster.

Now, you COULD set up a Fudge coinmaster with a "equip" method which would adventure in Fudge Mountain until the choice popped up - at which point, the Coinmaster would be "accessible" and you could trade until you were tired of trading. The various Spaaaace vendrs have an "equip" method which will consume a transponder, if you are not already Transpondent, so it is not unprecedented to consume resources in order to be able to visit a coinmaster - although consuming adventures to do so IS unprecedented.

Additionally, if it's a choice adventure, buying each item is actually taking a different choice, not specifying items by item number. I think the A.W.O.L Quartermaster has something similar; you can buy the stages of the tattoo of him, and those are not items. coinmasters.txt has an extra field for the tattoos which is the number you need to specify; similar to choice options.

Sounds pretty tricky. If you want a challenge, slyz (ever done a Coinmaster?), look at SpaaceRequest and LunarLunch Request for ideas.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You use an item to get the choice adventure rather than adventuring for it, so adventuring isn't necessary. And the item isn't consumed.

slyz

Developer
You get the choice adventure only by using the wand of fudge control, it doesn't involve adventuring at all. That is why I thought it could work as a Coinmaster like the AWOL commendations.

The only trick would be to leave the choice adventure once the purchase(s) is complete.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Cool! Doesn't sound all that bad, then. Perhaps we need an "unvisit" method which will close a Coinmaster transaction. And set the default for the choice in defaults.txt to exit the choice (with no UI to set anything else) so if you try to adventure and we encounter the choice, it exits it.

You want to take it on, slyz? Somebody other than me knowing how to implement a Coinmaster sounds like a Good Thing. :)

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Cool. Some hints:

- the Coinmaster is accessible() if you have the wand
- CoinmasterRequest.run() sets up for a visit by calling this.equip. FudgeRequest.equip should use the wand.
- CoinmasterRequest.run() should finish a visit by calling this.unequip - a new method. FudgeRequest.unequip should exit the choice.

Other than that, you should be able to figure everything else out by example - and by the document I checked into the source tree on how to make a Coinmaster.

Good luck.

slyz

Developer

I guess I also have to make sure that "choice.php?whichchoice=562" is not processed by ChoiceManager.java, like AWOL commendations are not processed by UseItemRequest.java.

EDIT:
- CoinmasterRequest.run() sets up for a visit by calling this.equip. FudgeRequest.equip should use the wand.
We don't need to equip the wand. AWOLQuartermasterRequest doesn't have AWOLQuartermasterRequest.equip() : isn't setting this.URL to "inv_use.php?whichitem=5441&ajax=1" enough?

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
SpaaaceRequest.equip exists (to use a transponder if needed) even though it doesn't equip anything, it looks like the same type of thing should be done here. Maybe as a separate project those could all be renamed to setup() and cleanup() for slightly more clarity with no real functional change?