Feature - Implemented add "pvp fites" counter to mafia charpane

kain

I was wondering if a 'pvp fites" remaining counter could be added to the mafia charpane (the one in the java client, not the relay browser -- that's already there)

Possibly right below "Adv:"

Danke!

Bale

Minion
As long as you're in the mafia client, you could always use ash pvp_attacks_left() though your point is well taken.

I think it would be a helpful addition.

Catch-22

Mafia is always "using" ASH.

Not quite. Certain ash commands will work from the CLI though, including pvp_attacks_left.

On topic though, people aren't always going to be in PvP, should it not bother displaying how many fites are left in that case?

Bale

Minion
On topic though, people aren't always going to be in PvP, should it not bother displaying how many fites are left in that case?

I believe it would be best if it was not displayed when the hippy stone is not broken.

Bale

Minion
I know. I was answering your question in the affirmative. Was my verbosity troubling in its specificity?

Catch-22

I know. I was answering your question in the affirmative. Was my verbosity troubling in its specificity?

I ain't even troubled ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can we get some more verbose specificity regarding positioning? Should it be just below the current "Adv:" tag?

Bale

Minion
Should it be just below the current "Adv:" tag?

Now that I think about it, that wouldn't be the best place since it would probably confuse me into thinking it was my adv. I look at that spot too much for adventures remaining.

It might be better to either put it right below item drop, like the other elements (clownosity, raveosity, hobo power) that appear and disappear, or else right above adv.

slyz

Developer
If "fites" is added in the part with the clown, rave and hobo modifiers, maybe Roippi or Veracity can take a look at a patch I had written (poorly) for another feature request, to avoid leaving gaps there.

The patch works, it's just that there are probably way better ways of getting the same result.

kain

Personally, I'd prefer to have it right below "Advs" ... if your stone wasn't broken, perhaps it could say "PVP: --" or something similar.

I'm not requesting a modifier, that already exists for the maximizer.

linguinelad

display pvp fights

Hey I was wondering can we expect to see a future daily build of kolmafia display the amount of pvp fights you have available to use?

neminem

So... I'm curious why this never happened? It would be super useful, and I doubt it'd be that hard to include? Seems sort of silly that the sidebar includes things like hobo and smithness, but doesn't include a counter that, while admittedly not as important as turns, is certainly comparable in terms of function?

I agree with kain (two years ago...), it would make sense for it to be under Adv:, and either say -- if your stone was unbroken, or just not show it, since you probably don't care in that case. But definitely below adv, because that's sort of what it is. It's not a modifier, it's a counter of availability.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So... I'm curious why this never happened?
Developers decided to spend their time on other things?

I'd sort of like this. It's not critical to me, since I run all my fites at once at the end of running my turns, after accumulating extras from familiars and items, but I expect that people who give a damn about the hills or who want to be a dick against particular players might want to ration their fights and dole them out over a period of time, and such a meter would be useful.

But, yeah - it'd be nice to not have to go look at the charpane in the relay browser to see the current counter.

It would be super useful, and I doubt it'd be that hard to include?
You think this would be "super useful". I think it would be "slightly useful". Therefore, although I like the idea, there are plenty of other features and bugs that I, personally, considered more important or more interesting and hence decided to devote my time to.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
14933. I spent a bit of time thinking about the best way to display this before settling on putting it above the Adv: value.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Why above instead of below? Less confusing when you want to find adventures remaining?

Yes, based on the feedback from your earlier post.

I also decided that putting it with Item: and such didn't make sense because it isn't a modifier like all of those values are, and there's already a PvP value in the extra table there from clicking that section.

Bale

Minion
Totally forgot that I had actually written that and just thought it through from scratch. It is reassuring I came to the same conclusion twice.