Bug Intermittent issue with Relay Adventuring

Winterbay

We should also consider that hola did a change in a recent build to relay-mechanics (r9686) which may or may not solve the problem :)

Winterbay

Today, running 9686, I have been able to call up the fights in the relay browser at all two times it has been needed. I am cautiously optimistic about this... :)

Theraze

I'll need to wait for tonight when I have more adventures... the problem generally came up for me when I ran out of mp on my poor 100% sync turtle run TT in BHY. Really shouldn't have tried to do that. Ah well. Least they get lots of drops... heh.

xKiv

Don't know how much related this is, but I had to restart yesterday when relay adventure.php got stuck after this:
1) set up mana burning to take lots of time
2) adventure in relay browser until mana burning triggers automatically
3) issue "burn -0" in the gCLI while the automatcall mana burning is still running

Theraze

I think I've figured out how to replicate this, at least in my environment, though the debug log was 210 megs when I did it, so... not exactly postable or parseable. Anyways, if you have some sort of macro that aborts (for example, a safe moxie/attack check) and, when it prints that it's aborted and to click to view the relay browser... instead, run it again and have it abort again, your relay window will become stuck. This has been a consistent way to trigger this bug.

Tom Sawyer

Ok my own thread http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?7540-odd-behavior-in-mafia-possible-bug/page3

I suspect we all are seeing something in that somehow when using mafia and the relay browser, or combinations there of, is causing mafia to get "stuck"

I had removed all the scripts from my script folder but still after playing some turns started seeing unable to buy mmj, or odd references to the jew hat

I too have used bales recovery and for my multi bumcheeks auto adventure script.

I use combat macros and recovery tabs so as Theraze is saying could the combat macros be causing mafia to loop?

Theraze

Interestingly, in your thread, you mentioned that the mini-browser was still working. Definitely will try to use that next time it locks up for me. Though it's locking up less now that my meat/skill-poor TT actually has shieldbutt.

Hyppy

I've found that my relay browser locks up much more often if the following happens:

1) Fight a monster, any monster
2) After the fight ends, click to restore HP or MP in the charpane
3) Immediately try to adventure again

This usually locks up my access to the relay browser just for adventure.php. Clicking around the inventory, map locations, et cetera works fine.

Tom Sawyer

Exactly

When the lock out occurs you can explore all and talk to the council ect ect

Combat however is locked out

Not sure if anyone is seeing odd things in the CLI like unexpected action for wizard jewel hat (being in HC Bee core no hat) or being unable to buy mmj

Theraze

Wow... Think you might be some sort of genius, Tom Sawyer. Using the mini-browser to complete the fight does work, and after you finish the 'wrong' fight, mafia self-heals and relay combat works again. That speeds up my problematic playing SO much. :) Thanks!

Winterbay

I think what is meant is "Somehow a fight got stuck, you can't get to it in the relay browser, but you can finish it by sending macro commands via visit_url or now apparently by going to the mini browser". Or something like that...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
What do you mean by that? Does Mafia think you're still facing a previous monster?

Probably not the same issue but I have stopped paying attention to whatever the first page in the relay browser is when I switch to it from automated adventuring. It is a page from a previous fight or location. I use the browser's refresh to get the proper page before I try and interact with KoL. This does make me wonder if the problem under discussion can be addressed by a manual page refresh in the relay browser.

Winterbay

Generally not, because the problem is quite often that the main fram of KoL doesn't load at all no matter what you do. ALl other frames show just fine, it's just the main, and most important one, that doesn't.

Darzil

Developer
I've seen two very dissimilar issues.

One is where the character panel and main panel stay white in the relay browser. Restarting the relay browser or doing a refresh fixes this.

The other one anything works in the relay browser other than combat in adventure.php locations. You can still autoadventure in the mafia client, but moods and hp/mp restore don't fire. Restarting kolmafia fixes this (and by the sounds of it, adventuring once in the mini-browser, though I've not tested this).

Theraze

Nope... your issue, fronobulax, is one that's been happening fairly often since automation aborts changed to the relay browser from the minibrowser. I sort of thought there was another report on that, but... not finding it now. Anyways, the relay browser likes to do that now that it displays the "same page" that caused the abort. I just refresh it as a matter of course if I want accurate information, since even when it shows me the right fight, it's probably not the right health and so on.

What I mean by 'wrong' fight is, one where no matter what you do, the relay browser will never show it. Do an action manually? Still hidden. Try to click on something else? Still hidden. Log out and log back in? Still hidden... and now your character isn't logged in properly anymore.

What I had been doing to work around this was exit mafia completely, restart mafia, log in, and - after mafia aborts logging in due to being in a fight - kill the monster, without benefit of my recently used skills which have been wiped or monster-stat estimates, which are blanked.

What I did the one time it's happened this rollover is launch the mini-browser, which was still trying to go somewhere else. I then pointed it to fight.php directly, and it showed the combat. I finished the combat using the mini-browser. Interestingly, my relay additions showed after the first action, but not until after I'd done something. On trying to use the relay browser after a mini-browser action or two, it remained non-functional, but after that combat was completed, the relay browser began to show fights again.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Nope... your issue, fronobulax, is one that's been happening fairly often since automation aborts changed to the relay browser from the minibrowser.

Nope. The problem I am describing happens after auto-adventuring stops normally and I go to the relay browser. I did not observe it after the change you refer to concerning the relay and mini-browser. Rather it first started more recently, about r9650 time frame and the changes to avoid concurrent charpane requests.