Bug Intermittent issue with Relay Adventuring

death star

I have the same issue, however in my case adventuring once with the mini-browser doesn't restore the relay browser, the only solution if i wish to use the relay browser again is to close mafia and start a new instance.

It can be very frustrating, expecially when it happens a few times in rapid succession.. does anyone have an idea what was the last version before this issue appeared?

Hyppy

I have the same issue, however in my case adventuring once with the mini-browser doesn't restore the relay browser, the only solution if i wish to use the relay browser again is to close mafia and start a new instance.

It can be very frustrating, expecially when it happens a few times in rapid succession.. does anyone have an idea what was the last version before this issue appeared?

I've been having the issue for months. Maybe May or so?

Theraze

Ethelred, a partial workaround has been found... when the relay browser locks up, use the mini-browser to finish that fight. Further adventuring after that fight should be back to normal.

Interestingly, I get this happening ALWAYS on certain fights... mainly the various bosses. If I manually start the fight with The Man, the adventuring buttons in the relay window fight do nothing except grey the panel. If I refresh the window, I get the same lack of usefulness as is 'normal' for the relay. Switching to the mini-browser works, and relay overrides begin to show after the first action.

death star

Ethelred? Who is that?

As i just said, adventuring in the mini-browser doesn't restore the relay browser for me. I can only finish the adventure in the mini-browser, or even stop midway, refresh the relay browser and complete it there, but after that the issue is still there.

Tough luck i guess?

Theraze

Awesome... think I was reading from one thread and replied to the wrong name. :D Impressed that I managed to avoid it for so long.

Darzil

Developer
I had it reoccur yesterday, but whilst combats in the mini-browser worked, they didn't restore the functionality of the relay browser.

Tom Sawyer

Ok all here is my latest take on this. I tend to play to my charecter via 2 computers. I often use a flash drive to transfer the complete file from 1 to the other. However my home machine which I just reinstalled win7 ultimate rarely if ever has this type of error. While playing my turns on the other winxp computer yesterday however I once more saw the bug in which mafia refused or was unable to buy MMJ.

Since I am just about to ascend and do one last HC Beecore run I am going to download the latest daily build and put it into its own folder. I will not use ANY thing from my original folder. I will set the standard settings in mafia such as heal via relay and keep up buffs. I will create some basic combat macros.

Lets see what shakes loose.

Tom Sawyer

Ok deeper into day 2 I started seeing glitches. Then the CLI reported that Tounge of the Walrus was unavailable.

Attached the latest debug log if that helps.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20110810.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 29

Tom Sawyer

If it helps it appears mafia will no longer autobuy things like hermit permits and chewing gum on a string

And again unable to mmj unless I manually buy it

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

Ok I had cleared my session results as I am at Barrrny's and am tracking so I can get 6 pirate insults.

From the relay browser I did 1 adventure. The relay browser is still spinning but 1 Cap'm Carounch's Map just showed up in the results pane on mafia

Tom Sawyer

Well I flushed again. Tried to let mafia run the barrr.

It successfully cast the buffs, cast Bandages.

Once more when it tried to buy MMJ it failed and reported auto-recovery failed.

I am going to find a program that will strip java from my computer down to the registry.

Tom Sawyer

Ok I flushed mafia.

Then I went and shut down everything except windows. I used Java-Ra to remove java both current and old.

I then went into the registry and scoured anything related to Sun or Java. If it survived it is hiding deeper than I can find.

Rebooted.

Installed the latest java from oracle.

Rebooted.

Launched the latest daily build by itself in a new folder. Set the relay tabs so that it would auto heal and cast buffs. Created a quick combat script to use the massive manual then wave to sauce.

Hit begin.

Once more You need 4 more magical mystery juice to continue. Autorecovery failed.

I have 1k of meat, can buy mmj via the cli (buy 1 mmj) succesfully

I think my computer is possessed.

roippi

Developer
Reinstalling java will no more fix the mafia issue than defragging your hard drive.

Also, I don't know why you are posting it here, the OP is unrelated to one's ability to buy MMJ. It has to do with being locked out of adventuring (i.e. obtaining a blank screen and mafia is "greyed out"), not with healing issues.

As for your specific problem, what is your maximum MP, and what is your recovery threshold? Also, what buffs are you running that it is trying to maintain?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Launched the latest daily build by itself in a new folder. Set the relay tabs so that it would auto heal and cast buffs. Created a quick combat script to use the massive manual then wave to sauce.
Did you change any preferences other than configuring healing and moods and such?

Once more You need 4 more magical mystery juice to continue. Autorecovery failed.
Such as, for example, "Buy items from NPC stores whenever needed", which is off by default. You can select MMJ and other NPC items all you want as healing sources, but KoLmafia will not automatically buy them for you unless you give it permission.

I have 1k of meat, can buy mmj via the cli (buy 1 mmj) succesfully
Of course. The "buy" command does not use that setting, since when you say "buy", you are more than giving it "permission" - you are commanding it to buy for you.

Tom Sawyer

Java 7 was pulled

Java 6 update 26 is the latest which I am using.

The MMJ is just one of the issues I am seeing. Loosing relay synch between mafia and the relay browser is another. Mafia not casting the buffs in the relay browser, not keeping health and mana up as per tabs. I posted the debug txt files a few posts back.

Current buffs trying to run and maintain:
A few Extra Pounds
Cantata
Empathy
Jabanero Sphere
Jalapeno Sphere
Jingle Jangle
Leash
Aria

Health is set to auto recovery at 80 percent to 100 percent
Mana is set to auto recovery 40 to 50 percent

Tom Sawyer

Not trying to be a pain in the ass. I know how hard trouble shooting someones problems when one is not physically present. I have used mafia since just a few months after I discovered the Kingdom. It makes the game so much more fun and easy to play.

I am going to keep researching this on my end and lay off the posting for a while

. Thanks again to everyone who helps keep this train running