Scripting the birth of a new life.

Bale

Minion
1 - It looks like you're choosing to gain food from Fratacombs and Blockin' Out the Scenery, rather than starting the war? I can't see that ever being the desired choice.

There are two different adventures with each of those names. Your outfit determines which you get. I'm setting the other one. For example, Fratacombs is adventures 145 and 146. Only 146 is capable of starting the way.

Bale

Minion
Just bumping the thread to let people know that I've updated the script. Just little things really, like ensuring the choice is set to start the Frat-Hippy war and getting your free goofballs. Am I correct that nobody objects to the free sample of goofballs?

hey, free goofballs!

What do you think of making it reset the dungeon of doom choiceadv to "dead mimic"? I just got bit by that one. (After I get the wand, I set it to "ignore adventure" because I needed to get more potions.)

Bale

Minion
That's exactly the sort of silly careless problem that this script exists to fix. Choice adventure added to my script, so go download the new version I just uploaded and you'll never have to worry about skipping a mimic again. :D

Bale

Minion
New version.

A few tiny tweaks. (I'm afraid I didn't keep track of specifics.) The biggest difference is that it now makes use of zlib to keep track of character specific preferences.

New version.

A few tiny tweaks. (I'm afraid I didn't keep track of specifics.) The biggest difference is that it now makes use of zlib to keep track of character specific preferences.

Diff sez you're using zlib, you rewrote set_choice to take a choice #, you got rid of gallery default get mainstat (did you really?), you changed the default mana burning threshold (thank you!),

Bale

Minion
Ah thank you. I didn't get rid of gallery default to get mainstat, I merely changed the way I express that. Look closer at line 37. Yeah, that's what I meant by tiny tweaks.

Now that you mention it I remember that the other notable thing I did was to fix the mana burning threshold. That screwed me over and I was all like, "WTF?!" So I looked at newLife and I was all like, "What the duh? Was I, like, stoned?!" And then I fixed it. Yeah, that was important.

Unfortunately I just found an unfortunate bug, so please download it again while I slap myself on the head.

Last edited:
That screwed me over and I was all like, "WTF?!" So I looked at newLife and I was all like, "What the duh? Was I, like, stoned?!" And then I fixed it. Yeah, that was important.

Bale, I think you should post your thought process more often! That was entertaining to read. :) LOL. Thanks for the pick me up, I needed it!

*back peddling a bit* I mean, not the fact that you got screwed over, just the way you articulated your thought process. ;)

slyz

Developer
I added a few lines after line 200 to get the bugged balaclava from the Arena:
PHP:
if ( have_familiar( $familiar[ Baby Bugged Bugbear ] ) && available_amount( $item[ bugged balaclava ] ) == 0 ) {
	familiar fam = my_familiar();
	use_familiar( $familiar[ Baby Bugged Bugbear ] );
	if ( available_amount( $item[ bugged beanie ] ) == 0 ) {
		visit_url( "arena.php" );
		if ( item_amount( $item[ lead necklace] ) > 3 )
			cli_execute( "refresh all" );
		else autosell( 3, $item[ lead necklace] );
	}
	use( 1,$item[ bugged beanie ] );
	equip ( $item[ bugged balaclava ] );
	use_familiar( fam );
}
The "refresh all" could probably be replaced by "refresh inv" (the refresh is to make sure Mafia isn't fooled into thinking you acquired 3 lead necklaces by visiting the arena).

EDIT: Added lost's suggestion of autoselling the non-existant lead necklaces instead, but left the cli_execute("refresh all") if you have more than 3 (one of them is true, and you probably wouldn't want to autosell it).

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
That's nice! I've added a tiny bit of fine tuning and updated the version in this thread.

PHP:
	if(have_familiar($familiar[Baby Bugged Bugbear]) && familiar_equipped_equipment($familiar[Baby Bugged Bugbear]) == $item[none]) {
		vprint("Getting your baby buggy bugbear balaclavaed.", "olive", 2);
		familiar fam = my_familiar();
		use_familiar($familiar[Baby Bugged Bugbear]);
		if(available_amount($item[bugged balaclava]) < 1) {
			if(available_amount($item[bugged beanie]) < 1) {
				visit_url("arena.php");
				if(item_amount($item[lead necklace]) == 3)
					autosell(3, $item[lead necklace]);
				else cli_execute("refresh all");
			}
			use(1,$item[bugged beanie]);
		}
		equip($item[bugged balaclava]);
		use_familiar(fam);
	}

StDoodle

Minion
Bale;

I wrote my own postAscension script a while back, so it took me a while to give yours a look. I finally tired of dealing with a few things that yours included and mine didn't, such as choice adventure settings, so I thought I'd give yours a poke and see what combining I could do. I WAS going to make a request that you re-write the script in such a way as to make it easy to import into my own script, and still be able to update, but you beat me to the punch by moving all of the actions to their own function and calling them from main()! Thanks again Bale.

Bale

Minion
I'm glad that my orderliness helped you out. :) However I'm still curious what your postAscension script does that mine doesn't. If those aren't too specific to yourself or your characters I'm wondering what I might want to combine into mine.

StDoodle

Minion
They're fairly specific, mostly. First, it autosells the pork gems. Then it buys a maiden wig, frilly skirt, and detuned radio if in a muscle sign, and equips the first two. Then it casts sugar twice and stickers once (because I'd done that backwards too many times). Finally, it grabs my hebo from the terrarium so I remember to red-ray first thing.

Everything else was stuff your script does that I've since taken out.

Bale

Minion
Thanks. That's specific as you say. I don't think I'll add it.

Though, just for my personal use I might want to add pretty much everything you mention. Because I ALWAYS do that stuff. Just for my personal version of the script. But it isn't the sort of thing that should be enabled by default. Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of doing that EVERY ascension...

However I don't see any reason to buy the wig and skirt at the beginning of an ascension. I never do that.

Code:
void special() {
	vprint("Now for a few things that only "+my_name()+" wants to do.", "blue", 2);
	switch(my_name()) {
	case "Bale":
		if(item_amount($item[baconstone]) > 0)
			autosell(1, $item[baconstone]);
		else if(item_amount($item[hamethyst]) > 0)
			autosell(1, $item[hamethyst]);
		else autosell(1, $item[porquoise]);
		buy(1, $item[detuned radio]);
		change_mcd(10);
		use_skill(2, $skill[Summon Sugar Sheets]);
		use_skill(1, $skill[Summon Stickers]);
		create(1, $item[sugar shirt]);
		create(1, $item[sugar shield]);
		use_familiar($familiar[He-Boulder]);
		equip($item[sugar shield]);
		equip($item[sugar shirt]);
		break;
	}
	vprint("Go forth and defeat the Naughty Sorceress, young adventurer!", "green", 2);
}

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Low-level (no requirements) equips with half-decent (better than starter equips) DA, perhaps? But okay, I guess that might save a few hit points at best.