Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Theraze

But I'm fairly sure he's not trying to set but see the current value instead... If you have something weird set, knowing what's set RIGHT NOW is important to figuring out how to stop it. :D

garjon

zlib SlimeTube_fumble_buffer = 0
zlib SlimeTube_get_spleeners = false
zlib SlimeTube_ignore_mcd = false
zlib SlimeTube_max_ml_ccs = spellsling v2
zlib SlimeTube_max_ml_familiar = Purse Rat
zlib SlimeTube_max_ml_outfit = slimetubemaxml
zlib SlimeTube_min_ml_ccs = spellsling v2
zlib SlimeTube_min_ml_familiar = Frumious Bandersnatch
zlib SlimeTube_min_ml_outfit = slimetubeminml
zlib SlimeTube_run_type = nodule
zlib SlimeTube_use_hottub = true
zlib SlimeTube_use_tatter_like = false
zlib SlimeTube_verbose = true
zlib SlimeTube_which_tatter = green smoke bomb

Alhifar

Somehow you set the run type to nodule, that means it assumes you want to get spleen items at the cost of a handful of turns, since you will pretty much definitely make it anyways.

garjon

So Nodule will override a false setting on the get_spleeners. Now I see it in the scripting. D'oh!

EDIT - Set it to 'monkey' and it behaves as I desire. Thanks!

Last edited:

Alhifar

So, I've been getting a couple of reports of people getting beaten up during slimeling runs. Has anyone else here had this happen to them, and if so, can you give as many details as possible, so I can prevent this in the future?

I've been using the script for weeks and it's been rocksteady, I haven't had a problem since the script got confused when trying to tatter a while back. Here are my suspicions, though:

-Holidays such as the Feast of Boris with random monsters are causing people trouble. This isn't a problem for me, the script does get beaten up by them when they pop up, but since it doesn't waste a slime tube turn it seems to trudge on as normal without problems. Perhaps this might be a problem for others, though.
-Low level characters with not enough buffs. This happened to me early on, slimes would simply kill me by attacking me. Though now that Laser Bullet is level 56 this isn't a problem.

Alhifar

I did find a problem with characters that are already cutting it close with surviving, and are using noodles. It would assume the noodles round would be used to attack, and therefore kill one round quicker.

bladyeoman

I'm having the same problem. It just ruined my chances for this slime tube run, but I can do another one. How can I fix the problem, or will we have an updates script in a few days?

Alhifar

I'm really sorry, I forgot to update the version number when I pushed out the update to fix that. You can simply redownload it to fix that particular problem. If you still get beaten up, please give your exact equipment/stats/buffs

bladyeoman

Don't apologize. You're offering an awesome script to other people - if it doesn't work perfect for them, well, you don't owe them anything.

I'm in a bit of a rush, but a quick scan of the logs show that I'm still getting beaten up on every adventure before removing the "coated in slime" effect - ie, the script is consistently overpredicting my survivability. Since these hits typically give about 1200 damage (more or less), and I have a total of 500 or so HP, something is wonky.

I'm wearing almost entirely slime-hates-it gear, excluding a juju mask. I am also wearing a camisole. I'm just aiming for nodules (and trying to finish in 1 day, although it has turned into 3), so I did not eat/drink/spleen the slime consumables - does the script assume I did? Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. Although a quick workaround would be if I could have the script assume I can survive one less combat than it predicts.

Last edited:

Alhifar

Alright, with all of your normal slime stuff equipped, can you paste this into your CLI, and post the results?
Code:
ashq import <relay_slime.ash>;set_location($location[Slime Tube]);print("Bladders: "+get_bladders());print("Rounds needed: "+expected_rounds_needed());print("Max Damage: "+max_possible_damage());print("Max HP: "+my_maxhp());print("+ML: "+numeric_modifier("Monster Level"));

Theraze

One (possible) bug in KoLmafia itself currently is that feasted familiar modifiers aren't being considered by mafia, though KoL itself considers them to matter...

bladyeoman

Plus I don't have the moveable feast. Currently running the code . . .

Bladders: 0
Rounds needed: 4
Max Damage: 161
Max HP: 574
+ML: 730.0

This would appear to be accurate. For reference, I have been using WotPL, which takes 2-3 shots to finish them. Currently checking logs to see pattern of the combats . . .
Got beaten up in my 5th combat after cleaning myself off last (ie, 1 getting-slimed combat that I tattered away from, 3 successful combats, then got beaten up on the 5th).

Last edited:
mafia doesn't log aborts, so I don't have a nice log

I got a violet fog/astral trip adventure in the slimetube. Normally it wouldn't matter, but slimelings are serious business.

It said "Reset your battle action to something sane!" and then ignored my css and used account.php?action=autoattack&whichattack=1
I don't know why

Alhifar

That really doesn't make sense. "Reset your battle action to something sane!" is only used in an abort, and that abort should only be possible right after you started running the script, before it goes into the loop. Unless you can make it repeat and get a debug log or something, I'm baffled.

Blad: I'm still looking into your problem, it's proving a bit elusive! Just don't want you to think I've forgotten.