Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: September IotM - bagged Cargo Cultist Shorts

It always loads the property.
    The command checks if they are “accessible” - in a place that “acquire” can find them.
    The request will do “acquire”, unless you have them equipped.

You need the shorts equipped or in inventory to use. The request ensures that and the command ensures the request will succeed.

If they are in your display case, as always, it is up to you to put them in inventory in order to use them.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Revision 20357 adds Yeg's Motel slippers.

They are quest items which last until rollover, so you won't find them in the mall.
    I didn't particularly want to spend today's pocket pick on this, but, it's the last missing item.

I think we have all the Cargo Cultist Shorts items and effects now

I wonder what effect 2593 is.

OK. I was perhaps too literally focused on "on login" and confirming that the right things happened if the pants were available after login but not during. The answer is yes.

The spreadsheet has a handy table listing 27 pockets that lead to free fights with monsters.
    Revision 20360 will perform HP/MP recovery before picking one of those pockets (just as we do for cheating Deck cards that lead to fights).

I have a hard-coded map with those pockets (and the monster name it leads to), for now.
    I'd like the Cargo Cultist Shorts pocket database to be able to tell me that. Eventually.

Looking at the spreadsheet, there is a puzzle being spaded.

This pocket contains a waterlogged scrap of paper that reads: <b>QDL XLR KVSJGGJV QRGL</b>

This pocket contains a scrap of paper that reads: <b>XTNQ: Ga</b>

Apparently, the messages are player-specific and change on ascension.

I'm thinking of adding a couple more per-ascension properties to hold the messages for waterlogged and non-waterlogged pockets.
    Or maybe 29 properties, each of which holds 1.

A simple matter of coding in CargoCultistShortsRequest.parsePocketPick.
    Just need to figure out whether to have 2 properties (and format) or 29 properties (trivial format; simply the bolded message).

Revision 20365 add two properties:

cargoPocketScraps
    cargoPocketWaterloggedScraps

Each contains a list of pockets (in the order you picked them) of the form <POCKET>:<MESSAGE>, separated by "|".
    Note that the MESSAGE can contain spaces, commas, or colons.

Untested. I have a series of ascensions planned out to collect desk bells and chess pieces - and to get a few more Yeg Motel fursnishings, this run, so I can check some plurals.

If anybody plans to pick a pocket with a scrap of paper in it, can you get a DEBUG log and tell me how the properties worked out for you, please?
    Thanks.

All three puzzles have been solved by now, the info can be found in the respective sheets on the spreadsheet.
    The waterlogged one and the meat wrapped crossword clues are static and the same for everyone, so you might not even need to log those. (But it would help anyone trying to solve it alone.)

The 7 'regular' scraps do require logging though, since those change per player and per ascension, so if even you know how it works, having mafia keep track for you is nice.

Ah. So the waterlogged scraps are a poem and the non-waterlogged scraps are a demon name?
    OK. I will stop saving the waterlogged scraps in a property.

You look at the scraps in order 373, 222, 7, 602, 172, 251, 282, replace "_" with " ", and use in the Summoning Chamber, to get Yeg's Power.

Does KoL remember that as a demon name? Presumably not, since it changes per-ascension.
    Perhaps auto-constructing the demon name and saving it in demonName13 - which will clear on ascension, unlike other demon names - and adding it to KoLAdventure.DEMON_TYPES would be the trick.

Looking at SummoningChamberRequest, I see code there to construct and save the Intergnat demon name - which is also cleared when you ascend.
    Cool. I'll add similar functionality for Yeg.

Revision 20366 does that:

- Log but don't save waterlogged scraps of paper
    - Save, as before, non-waterlogged scraps.
    - Once you have all 7 scraps, construct demon name in demon13 property, which clears on ascension.

Now I just need the descid for the Yeg's Power effect, and we can add the effect, available via "summon 13"

Revision 20367 adds Yeg's Power, thanks to Lacey Jones.

I just maximized for "Maximum HP" and the maximizer showed me - greyed out - "summon 13" as a way to get +666 HP.

No gaps in statuseffects.txt
    No gaps in the cargo items block in items.txt - although there is Universal Seasoning/<gap>/flame orb/chocolate chip muffin. I don't expect that to be a cargo item, although it could be.

Infrastructure "to be done":

1) Plurals for Yeg's Motel mouthwash and Yeg's Motel toothbrush. Probably something like "bottles of" and "es", but I'll test over the next couple of days, unless somebody tests sooner and reports back here.

2) The code for logging scraps and auto-generationg demonName13 from the 7 scraps of paper is untested.

3) It is unnecessary, since the puzzle is solved, but I'd like to log the "note" text for the Meat-wrapped pockets.

4) Scale factors and item drops for the desk bell monsters. I'll get these when I ascend and get more desk bells.

I think anything else depends on finishing lost's cultshorts.txt and loading it into a cargo pocket database of some sort.
    - souping up the "cargo" command
    - adding appropriate "cargo" commands to the new effects in statuseffects.txt
    - supporting "cargo" in the Maximizer
    - removing "temporary" code from the Request class in favor of using the pockets database