Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Crazy Random Summer

So, I am using the latest build, and I go to log in today and a pop up says (something to the effect of) "We have no data for TCRS for Seal Clubber/Packrat. Would you like to contribute..it will take a little time, but you only have to do it once." and I'm all "Sure, why not" and click Yes. And then it says "Deriving TCRS item adjustments for all real items...." And never moves from that, never actually finishes logging me in, nothing. Left it for an hour (went to lunch), was still like that when I got back. Tried it when I got home from work, thinking maybe a different Internet connection. Nope, same thing.

Not sure what I'm doing what, or what I should do different, if anything.

~Aramada

you can turn logging on (and off) while it is sitting there deriving.

If it's blazing away at requests, it's still working.

If we get through the "have to haves", a progress bar would be nice, especially in the login screen version.

If we get through the "have to haves", a progress bar would be nice, especially in the login screen version.
    Originally Posted by MCroft View Post
    Of course in about two weeks no one will have to derive their own data :-)
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.

We should probably change our handling to recognise that message, and maybe have clowny rather than clownosity, if the game has it that way. So maybe have 25, 50, 75 clowny percent.

Would also stop us using bitmaps for it, which wouldn't hurt.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Bumping this since a script that was maximizing for clownosity did not seem to realize it had what it needed and so kept looking for what it already had :-)
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.

So, I am using the latest build, and I go to log in today and a pop up says (something to the effect of) "We have no data for TCRS for Seal Clubber/Packrat. Would you like to contribute..it will take a little time, but you only have to do it once."
    Originally Posted by Aramada View Post
    Let's be precise, here. The popup said:

"No TCRS data is available for Seal CLuber/Packrat. Would you like to derive it? (This will take a long time, but you only have to do it once.)"

- It suggested it not in order for you to "contribute" (although that's always nice) but because essential functionality of KoLmafia will not be available without it. In particular, the maximizer will not work and the Eat/Drink/Spleen panels of the Item Manager will have bad sizes, qualities, etc.
    - It said that it would take a long time

THat is true, but how long, exactly, depends on how fast your computer and network connection are: it is looking up more than 10,000 item descriptions and parsing them. I have (ostensibly) 1 Gb from WAN to my router, although only a fraction of that is visible over WiFi at my computer, which is a Mac Mini. I haven't timed it, but it takes about 10 minutes to get and save the items data for me. Others have reported an hour and a half.

If you get past that popup, you'll get another one asking about the cafe data, which will say "won't take long", since that is < 100 item descriptions - less than 1% of the first data fetch.

I suppose what is missing (for you) is indication of progress. I initially had it print a line ecery 100 item descriptions. I removed it when it began feeling like 100 lines of spam. But it would reassure you, at least.

MCroft suggests a "progress bar" when it is invoked from the Login screen. Is that really how it looks? I was under the impression that the Adventure Frame had already been loaded and you could switch the gCLI. If so, perhaps it could reuse the "Adventure Progress Bar".

Although, as Frono pointed out, that would be only temporarily useful.

Hmm. If I can print:

100/10121
    200/10121

etc. but have it overwrite the same line in the gCLI, that would show progress without feeling like spam.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

We should probably change our handling to recognise that message, and maybe have clowny rather than clownosity, if the game has it that way. So maybe have 25, 50, 75 clowny percent.

Would also stop us using bitmaps for it, which wouldn't hurt.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    The item description says "Makes you look 25% clowny" (or 50% or 75%).

Code:
    > test newitem 227709910

Unknown item found: clown wig (2475, 227709910)
    --------------------
    2475 clown wig 227709910 clownwig.gif hat t,d 55
    clown wig 50 Mox: 10
    # Item clown wig: Makes you look 50% clowny
    Item clown wig Mysticality: +3, Spell Damage: +3
    --------------------
    Modifiers.java:

Code:
    		{ "Clownosity",
    		  null,
    		  Pattern.compile( "Clownosity: (\\+?\\d+)" )
    		},
    We don't parse that at all from the item description; just from the data file.

As you suggest, we could make it into a numeric modifier and store the percent, and rather than looking for "4 clownosity" in the maximizer, look for "100 clownosity" (or clowniness). I.e., percentage.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Unsurprisingly, it seems Surgeonosity has a similar issue.

Revision 19254 does "updateDisplay" with a progress line every 100 items processed furing "tcrs derive". Since that writes to the status line - which is displayed on the Login Frame - if you rejected doing a derive immediately after ascending and logged out and logged in again and it offered to derive for you, hopefully you will still see the progress. Otherwise, it will be visible in the gCLI.

Revision 19254 does "updateDisplay" with a progress line every 100 items processed furing "tcrs derive". Since that writes to the status line - which is displayed on the Login Frame - if you rejected doing a derive immediately after ascending and logged out and logged in again and it offered to derive for you, hopefully you will still see the progress. Otherwise, it will be visible in the gCLI.
    That is exactly how it behaves. I rejected doing the derive upon ascension logged out, and logged in again. It popped up the "Do you want to derive" popups in from of the Login Frame, and when I said "Yes", the displayed a Progress message every 100 items.

And revision 19255 has TCRS data for Seal Clubber/Platypus. Looking forward to verifying chez snootee works correctly...
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.