Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Step right up! Post monster Meat and/or item drop spading here!

Made some progress on bureaucrat: 145 dropped the government requisition form, so it's probably 25%.

Fungal Nethers, as SC:

angry mushroom guy:
    * Knob mushroom: 20%
    * fizzing spore pod: 70%

freaked-out mushroom guy:
    * Knoll mushroom: 20%
    * paisley spore pod: 70%

muscular mushroom guy:
    * stinky mushroom: 20%
    * veiny spore pod: 50%

70% drops determined using PFC as well: you can use the high-temperature mining mask and the old SCUBA tank to decrease your drop chances (and wish for Braaaaaains if you need more). Moving in increments of 5% should be enough, but if you want more precision you can use the BGE 'cuddly critter' shirt (7%), the outrageous sombrero (3%) or the Colonel Mustard's Lonely Spades Club Jacket (0-5%, ask the talking spade)

Checked the sewer gator: skin is 15% and both nuggets are 20% each.

In general, I trust the wiki for this area: goldfish has both nuggets at 20% and the liver at 15%.

C.H.U.M. has the nuggets at 20%, the schnapps at 15%, and some complexity in the knife and lantern: both 1% each but only possible drops if the image displays a knife or lantern, so 3/5 and 1/5 respectively.

I'll look into the chieftain tomorrow.

I looked into the Overgrown Lot instead, but missed that the NC is forced and kept losing my PFC.

sewer snake with a sewer snake in it
    * carton (100% and 30%)
    * sewer snake (30%)

each other monster has one thing at 100%: it's on the wiki, but I'll mention it again after I check the other drops.

Checked the chieftain: both schnapps are 30%, both nuggets are 40%. Didn't check the knife: the others are double the CHUM drops, so 2% is likely, I think.

Also checked the toxic beastie: Three drops at 35%, 5%, 5%. There's some talk on the discussion page about item drop reduction / ignoring item drop: I didn't see anything like that.

Everything back to SSBBHax on the previous page doesn't seem to have been added yet.

See r20256 for the CHUM Chieftain and the toxic beastie.

I didn't understand what "SSBBHax on the previous page" meant, but when I went back to explain why, I realized it was a post by SSBBhax. So I will go back an look momentarily.

I was kind of surprised no one, including me, had picked up on this. In my case when I see comments like "Didn't check the knife: the others are double the CHUM drops, so 2% is likely, I think." I'm not sure what to do. Do I wait for someone to check the knife or do I put in 2% as possibly bad data or do I check and realize what is there is 0 so in some sense anything non-zero is better, even if it is wrong?

I also appreciate when the canonical name of the monster is included and the items being dropped. I can guess but the greater my confidence that I am doing accurate data entry, the more likely I am to do it.

Anyway I'll try and pick up some more but as someone who doesn't spade and is just editing a file I'd love clearer instructions.

Revision 20257 adds the other monster drops.

Revision 20257 adds the other monster drops.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Thank you. That explains the conflict when I tried my test compile before committing.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

In my case when I see comments like "Didn't check the knife: the others are double the CHUM drops, so 2% is likely, I think." I'm not sure what to do. Do I wait for someone to check the knife or do I put in 2% as possibly bad data or do I check and realize what is there is 0 so in some sense anything non-zero is better, even if it is wrong?
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    Very much up to you. Personally I'd prefer to have them in if I have some approximate idea of where there are, because it's more useful than "0" as you say. I wouldn't ascribe them the same level of confidence as the PFC spading, but there is a lot of valid spading done using the simpler methods (run ~100 turns with varying item, use statistics, round to nearest 5).

Even a properly spaded droprate is not certain to still be correct: e.g. bookbat's tattered scrap of paper rate has steadily dropped.