Bastille

Ezandora

Relay override and automation script for the Bastille IOTM. Collects rewards, but does not attempt to leaderboard.

Installation:
Code:
svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Bastille/branches/Release/

CLI Usage:
bastille [game configuration] - plays through a single game of bastille and collects the rewards. Will not lock in your score.

Configuration options:
muscle - Chooses all three muscle options.
myst - Chooses all three myst options.
moxie - Chooses all three moxie options.

barbecue or babar or barbershop - Choose barbarian type.
brutalist or draftsman or nouveau - Choose bridge type.
cannon or catapult or gesture - Choose hole type.
sharks or lava or truth - Choose moat type.

Example commands:
"bastille muscle" will collect the brutal brogues, muscle effect, muscle statgain, and a random potion.
"bastille myst gesture" will collect the draftsman's driving gloves, mysticality statgain, the moxie effect, and a random potion.
"bastille bbq art sharks cannon" will collect myst stats, the nouveau nosering, sharkfin gumbo, and the Bastille Budgeteer effect.

Screenshot:
bastille.png

Bastille will require a recent daily build of mafia.

Github: https://github.com/Ezandora/Bastille/
Contact me in-game: Ezandora (#1557284)

Darzil

Developer
I'm not seeing it in relay, though I do see your Briefcase and Asdon Martin overrides in relay. Any ideas ?

Ezandora

I'm not seeing it in relay, though I do see your Briefcase and Asdon Martin overrides in relay. Any ideas ?

Neither of those use the choice override library I wrote. Does my genie script work for you?

Try rebooting mafia. The choice override script won't know about new choice overrides until then.

If that doesn't work, try installing the override script manually.

AlbinoRhino

Beautiful. Thank you. Would it be possible to add some hovertext to the buttons describing the associated effect, gear, etc. ?

AlbinoRhino

The relay script seems to fail with the following message if you have moved the bastille.ash script to a different folder:

PHP:
Encounter: Bastille Battalion
scripts/bastille.ash     could not be found (BastilleRelay.ash, line 1)

Is there some reason for it to expect a specific folder ?

Ezandora

Beautiful. Thank you. Would it be possible to add some hovertext to the buttons describing the associated effect, gear, etc. ?
It displays the rewards when you can earn them for the day. Otherwise, it doesn't.

Is there some reason for it to expect a specific folder ?
Yes; I always use absolute paths when importing scripts, to prevent name collisions and ambiguity. As an example, five of my scripts have a "Globals.ash", each inside a different project folder.

I suppose that restriction could be relaxed for this script... hmm.

AlbinoRhino

It displays the rewards when you can earn them for the day. Otherwise, it doesn't.

I eventually figured that out. The question came to me when I was attempting to set them for the next day's use. (Since it appears that the decisions are remembered now, which I'm not sure was true when it first came out.)

Yes; I always use absolute paths when importing scripts, to prevent name collisions and ambiguity. As an example, five of my scripts have a "Globals.ash", each inside a different project folder.

I suppose that restriction could be relaxed for this script... hmm.

No big deal. I was just curious. I have a habit of organizing all my scripts into folders...however, I also always use unique file names. But it's no big concern.

Thanks again for this!

Last edited:

Lord_Kobel

Is there a way of telling the script to lock in a score? I know I'm unlikely to get a great winning score, but if I'm doing it every day, I should get something out at some point...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Love this script. Here's an update to the Relay script which will display the modifiers for the 3 pieces of equipment programmatically, rather than having hardcoded lists of modifiers.

That means you can believe your eyes when deciding which piece of equipment to get in TCRS.

Wouldn't hurt to do something similar for the potions, each of which gives XX turns of an effect when used i(instead of or in addition to affecting game stats as before). It's be nice to look up the granted effect and tell you what that effect does, in case you want to get a potion for use in-run.

That would take me more than the 5 minutes the other change required, so I didn't do it.

I second Lord Kobel's suggestion to have a way to lock in the score for the times I use this in-run and will only run it once per day.
I may do that yself. How hard can it be? :)

Attachments

• BastilleRelay.ash
    20.8 KB · Views: 62

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Here's a version which does that: for the potions, if they grant an effect, list the effect, duration, and modifiers.

Attachments

• BastilleRelay.ash
    22.1 KB · Views: 66

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, her function also allows you to specify a number - "34", say - as a path name. The built-in one does not. But my_path() never returns that, so it is not necessary, so removing the function suffices.
Here.

Attachments

• bastille.ash
    136.4 KB · Views: 79

Aramada

Veracity, I still seem to be having issues. I downloaded bastille.ash from post #15 here, put it in my Relay folder, am using Daily Build 20162, but when I /use Bastille from the Relay chat window, I get: Function 'my_path_id()' overrides a library function. (bastille.ash, line 2246)

Thoughts on how to fix it?

~Aramada

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Looks like this one got hit by the feature that broke cargo shorts, as well.
Anything you could share that tells us why you believe that instead of, for example, a setting that got clobbered when you lost your settings and had to rebuild?

In the meantime, if you uninstall and reinstall this script, it should work. If the problem really has the same root cause then some other script will break. That will help script authors figure out where the conflict is and how to resolve it.