New Content - Implemented Deck of Every Card

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
(I should say "Ancestral Recall" is day 1 in Nuclear Autumn. Obviously I don't need that in a path where I get to keep my permed skills. Also, I am done with Nuclear Autumn; as of yesterday, my bobblehead was at 23%.)

Bale

Minion
Ayup. Had a feeling that my preferences wouldn't be universal. Thanks for squelching my inappropriate enthusiasm. Still, it will be nice to add it to my logoutScript in the section that fires when I'm overdrunk so I don't lose any unused resources.

I'm impressed you can manage on that austerity budget. You could have another 2500 meat from Pork stones. Even with 12,500 meat my own war chest gets a little tight at times. Though of course that would ruin your very nice collection. I'm seriously surprised that yours isn't the number one collection.

If this grabs the encounter name, wouldn't it get things like "Six of Spades" vs "Seven of Spades", making it a little more difficult to match?

I think all the variable ones are "<#> of <Thing>" and <Thing> is unique so it is probably something that scripters should deal with. Just figured I'd mention it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Part of what makes me slow is that my very first turns are in Barf Mountain with my Crimbo Shrub until I can yellow ray a horrible tourist family to get a filthy child leash, which is a handy universal familiar item. The creatures in Barf mountain are also high enough level that I'll often level up a few times while there, in addition to getting a nice buffer of Meat.

However, my experience with my Trick-or-treating Tot in Nuclear Autumn is making me doubt that strategy. Except, some of the things I like the best about it are costumes only available in the Fallout Shelter - including the li'l liberty costume, which makes each turn scamming tourists in Barf Mountain worth 1,000 - 1,500 Meat.

I'm now in aftercore until the next challenge path and/or the 2017 Standard rewards are out. I am sure I'll be rusty enough by then that it will be time to relearn (slow) strategies. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If this grabs the encounter name, wouldn't it get things like "Six of Spades" vs "Seven of Spades", making it a little more difficult to match?

I think all the variable ones are "<#> of <Thing>" and <Thing> is unique so it is probably something that scripters should deal with. Just figured I'd mention it.
How will scripts use this?

"Spades" - a shorthand for the actual card name, which is:
"X of Spades"

Or, would it be interesting to know that today you actually got the "Seven of Spades"?

What you have now is the last of those - and you can certainly look at the Card name and see that it ends with "Spades" or "of Spades", which doesn't seem THAT complicated to script.

On the other hand, I can certainly munge anything that has " of " in it to replace the prefix with "X", for example.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am so tempted to add cheating to newLife now that mafia can confirm which cards are available... though there might be someone who doesn't want to spend a cheat on mainstat. (Or even someone in hardcore that doesn't want a Mickey Mantle card.)

Lead him not into temptation but deliver him from Evil.

I am not consistent enough to want the same card first every ascension. If you were so inclined, I would probably have a local mod to eliminate the feature.

Since you seem to have backed away from the idea I will say Thank You.

Bale

Minion
I have gotten the filthy child leash more than a few times. It's quite fun. However with the tot, it feels like a total waste. It just don't help her be amazingly awesome.

NA - Tot interaction is fun also. Did you know that according to the radio show, the Tot has a feature that has not yet been discovered?

"Spades" - a shorthand for the actual card name, which is:
"X of Spades"

Or, would it be interesting to know that today you actually got the "Seven of Spades"?

Well, I think that obvious usage would be on the lines of...

Code:
void cheat(string card) {
   if(!get_property("_deckCardsSeen").contains_text(card))
      cli_execute("cheat "+card);
}

It just makes sense to check the property for the proper name of the card before playing it. But as long as I know that the proper card name will lead to errors, I could pass that function a value of "Spades" instead of "X of Spades" and let the cheat command figure it out.

Since you seem to have backed away from the idea I will say Thank You.

Glad to know that I was right about that. On the other hand I am totally shocked everyone wants the three optional zones to be auto-unlocked.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK. Revision TBD (once Sourceforge lets me commit again) normalizes the cards to be "X of Y".

Code:
[color=green]> get _deckCardsSeen[/color]

Dark Ritual|XIV - Temperance|Giant Growth|The Race Card|Rope|Spare Tire|Revolver|Wrench|Slimer Trading Card|II - The High Priestess|Green Card|X of Salads
It took 12 gift cards before I was able to confirm that my code worked. ;)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It cost a fraction of a day's Meat farming on a multi whose only use for Meat is KoLmafia testing.

Well, I think that obvious usage would be on the lines of...

Code:
void cheat(string card) {
   if(!get_property("_deckCardsSeen").contains_text(card))
      cli_execute("cheat "+card);
}

It just makes sense to check the property for the proper name of the card before playing it. But as long as I know that the proper card name will lead to errors, I could pass that function a value of "Spades" instead of "X of Spades" and let the cheat command figure it out.

That's it, that's the generic name I couldn't express all that well.

OK. Revision TBD (once Sourceforge lets me commit again) normalizes the cards to be "X of Y".

Code:
[color=green]> get _deckCardsSeen[/color]

Dark Ritual|XIV - Temperance|Giant Growth|The Race Card|Rope|Spare Tire|Revolver|Wrench|Slimer Trading Card|II - The High Priestess|Green Card|X of Salads
It took 12 gift cards before I was able to confirm that my code worked. ;)

Yay, thanks for the effort :D

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Usually I don't need meat so much, but NA has so many holo-records (especially the bonus to food and booze ones) to use, and rad-pro, that it sinks a lot of meat. I ended up pulling a dictionary in my 2 day run, something I haven't done in at least a few years.