In build 6461 JasonHarper added support for user defined recovery scripts to over-ride KoLmafia's HP/MP restoration mechanism. When KolMafia version 12.7 was released on Dec 7, 2008, the feature became part of the official release. As long as your version of kolMafia is 12.7 or later, you can use this script.
Finally I have a healing script that supports my style of play. If the user is in HC or Ronin and resources are scarce, they must be used efficiently and thoroughly. Since MP are the most valuable resource it will attempt to use healing items rather than waste them. It allows me to play care-freely yet still recover with utmost efficiency, as if I was micromanaging my healing. This script will account for any combination or lack of skills, so it can be used by any character. Truly unskilled characters can even tell it to waste adventures resting at the campground, though that obviously is not recommended for most characters.
Someone who is used to long softcore farming runs might be a bit dismayed by the scripts propensity to use every single healing item existing in inventory rather than purchase mmj, but the script assumes that meat is valuable and any items in inventory are there for use. If that's a problem, you can put any healing items into your closet to keep the script from using them, but this script is probably not for you, even though you might appreciate the efficient way that it makes use of the nuns. It has a bit of support for aftercore, but really is not primarily intended for that purpose.
Early discussion of this script's development was in this thread. While I am extremely happy with its current abilities, I am always eager to hear comments and suggestions for improvement. Right now I'm working on a variant for farmers, but it requires a lot more work than you'd suspect.
To use this script, put hardcore_recoveryScript in the /script directory and put restore_map.txt in the /data directory. Then in the gCLI type:
set recoveryScript = hardcore_recoveryScript
If you ever want to turn the script off again, use the gCLI command: set recoveryScript =
version 1.1 - November 27, 2008
- Various Bugfixes, Various Optimizations, and reserves healing items to fight your shadow.
Now will not use restoratives needed to beat the shadow regardless of them being in the closet. It will reserve 4 red pixel potions if you don't have funkslinging or if you do have ambidextrous funkslinging it will reserve 5 gauze garter and/or filthy poultices.
version 1.2 - December 4, 2008
- More bugfixes and small improvements.
Now it expends adventures resting if checked in preferences -- this is not recommended unless your character is very low skill.
version 1.3 - December 5, 2008
- Found another bug... pesky things! Killed it.
- Multi-cast healing skills instead of casting them once, again and again.
- Will not switch to knob goblin elite guard uniform if that would lower maxMP or HP below current levels.
version 1.4 - December 18, 2008 -- Alert: This version requires updating the mapfile: recoveryScript_map
- Will always attempt to keep one combat usable MP recovery item in reserve, just in case of trouble.
- Some more aftercore/out-of-ronin support:
- If there is mall access, likes to use canneloni cocoon even when there are items to heal hp.
- If you have mall access, but don't have a tongue, tiny houses will be used for curing beaten up ONLY,
that way you can just buy a lot of tiny houses and not worry that they'd be used for healing mp.
- I learned that the boolean returned by use is less useful than I thought it should be. Oops! Bugfix.
version 1.5 - December 28, 2008
- Minor improvements, fixed various and sundry bugs.
version 1.6 - Jan 15, 2009
- Many efficiency improvements and bug fixes.
- Drastically improved healing of small amounts.
- Now will only use a disco rest if you have a campground dwelling of some sort.
version 1.6.1 - Jan 15, 2009
- Fixes two bugs added with the previous update.
version 1.6.2 - Jan 16, 2009
- Fixes one more bug added by the previous update.
version 1.6.3 - Jan 19, 2009
- I hate this bug more than this bug hates me!
version 1.7 - Jan 29, 2009
- Fixed integer round-off bug that was causing the wrong choice of healing skills.
version 1.8 - February 11, 2009
- As of revision 6926 KolMafia added the ability for this script to prevent normal healing. This is important to keep from using up items or free rests that are being reserved.
- Improved handling of aftercore healing.
- If you've got both massage oil and a scroll of drastic healing, it will chose the scroll now.
- Major update to the "combat healing" reserve.
- Properly handle healing at the unlucky entryway. (Or other places where less than default healing is requested.)
- Various bugs that I'm too embarassed to enumerate.
version 1.9 - February 20, 2009
- More fine tuning of the "combat healing" reserve.
- Properly uses SGEEA when beaten up if you don't have Olfaction or tongue.
- Fixed problem with using nuns for recovery with the war is still ongoing.
- What to do when there are only 6 hp left to heal? I figured it out!
- Cast Canelloni Cocoon instead of 2 Walrus Tongues if both will restore full HP.
Version 1.99 FINAL - February 26, 2009
- Reduced CLI feedback since it is irrelevant to most users.
- Fixed a few bugs and generally perfected it.
RecoveryScript_map.txt - February 11, 2009
- Updated to include Nardz energy beverage.
RecoveryScript_map.txt - February 20, 2009
- Updated to include cotton candy items.