Hardcore Checklist -- sequential required item getter/notifier

darius180

OK, so this has been seemingly broken for the last while, and I'd love it if someone could please, please fix this script - it saves me so much agony and heartache every run!

zarqon

It broke a while back due to changes in the way mafia represented itself to servers when using file_to_map() with URLs. After getting some clues from Veracity and Jason, I finally fixed this issue on the server (not the script) last week, so it's working again.

StormCrow42

When trying the new version of the script you've posted, I got the following error:

Expected ), found print (Checklist.ash, line 180)

It seems to work after i fixed those issues, except that it doesn't know anything about not being able to adventure in degrassi knoll under a muscle sign.

Last edited:

zarqon

Haha. Okay, fixed the stupid parenthese, plus added support for not trying to adventure in Degrassi Knoll if you're in a muscle sign. Right now I have it set to try to buy the needed items from the Degrassi NPC store. Let me know if that is suboptimal somehow -- I haven't done a lot of muscle sign runs.

Muhandes

Step 13: procure 1 frilly skirt from degrassi knoll (safemox: 20)
Not adventuring. Set 'info_only' to false if you want to adventure

And I'm on a muscle sign.

Last edited:

psly4mne

It broke a while back due to changes in the way mafia represented itself to servers when using file_to_map() with URLs. After getting some clues from Veracity and Jason, I finally fixed this issue on the server (not the script) last week, so it's working again.
It doesn't work for me.
Code:
> call scripts/Checklist.ash

Checking for updates (running Hardcore Checklist ver. 1.2.1)...
Internal checkpoint created.
Loading checklist...
Checklist loaded (108 steps).
Checking for items...
Redirected to www6.kingdomofloathing.com...
Step 4: procure 1 Knob Goblin encryption key from outskirts of the knob (safemox: 9)
Conditions list cleared.
Not adventuring. Set 'info_only' to false if you want to adventure.
... and then it logs me out. I have opened the knob, by the way.

dangerpin

The first thing you need to do is open the script with a text editor and go through the top section which defines how you want to use the script. You left it at defaults where it says...
Code:
boolean info_only = true;     // if true: only shows you your next step,
                              // without actually completing the step.
You want to change that "boolean info_only = true" to "boolean info_only = false"

Otherwise it will do exactly as it says, only showing the next step and not actually completing the step.

mredge73

I think I found a bug:

Here is my Output:
Loading checklist...
Checklist loaded (109 steps).
Checking for items...

Visiting the Untinker
Step 14: procure 1 maiden wig from degrassi knoll (safemox: 20)
Conditions list cleared.
You need +5 moxie to adventure here safely (degrassi knoll).

I have these set:
get_servants = true;
info_only = false;
threshold = 15;
auto_mcd = false;

I have Moxie =11

unsafe(my_buffedstat($stat[moxie]) + threshold - i.safemox - monster_level_adjustment())
So your formula should be 11+15-20-0 = 6 > 0
So it should adventure right?

Well I doesn't no matter what I set the threshold to.
threshold=100;
This did not change the output.

So here is what I did:
if (unsafe(my_buffedstat($stat[moxie]) + threshold - i.safemox - monster_level_adjustment()))
abort("You need +"+(i.safemox+monster_level_adjustment()-my_buffedstat($stat[moxie])-threshold-current_mcd())+ " My Threshold is "+(threshold)+" moxie to adventure here safely ("+i.where+").");

My Output is now:
Loading checklist...
Checklist loaded (109 steps).
Checking for items...

Visiting the Untinker
Step 14: procure 1 maiden wig from degrassi knoll (safemox: 20)
Conditions list cleared.
You need +5 My Threshold is 4 moxie to adventure here safely (degrassi knoll).

All I added was a printout of the current threshold variable, as you can see it is not 100 but still 4.

OK
I do not understand this line (line 60) but it is bugged:
if (get_property("safetyThreshold") != "") threshold = to_int(get_property("safetyThreshold"));

So I commented it out.

Now it is working!!!!!

Last edited:

zarqon

It's not a bug, it's a feature! :)

When you run the script for the first time, your "safetyThreshold" setting is set. From that point on, the script will use that setting instead of the variable in the script. The reasons for this are:

1) Multiple scripts can access this setting. Many of my scripts and some of dj_d's (and perhaps others I don't know about) all look at this setting.
2) Different characters can have unique safetyThresholds without editing the script.

To change that setting to 100, simply type

set safetyThreshold = 100

in the CLI.

Darkuwa

When adventuring in the airship for super spiky hair gel, it should use chests and say completed if it contained one.

zarqon

@Darkuwa: Good thought; I've added that in.

I also removed the auto-use of F'c'le quest items now that mafia auto-uses them. This creates a possibility that a user could break the script by using one of those items, but plays better with mafia and the reason that mafia itself does not auto-use them as you get them (namely, autolfaction).

Ulfada

I am having an issue running this script. I downloaded Checklist.ash and dailydungeon.ash to my scripts directory and dungeonstatchecks.txt to my data directory. When I run the script I get the following error:

Undefined reference to function 'resist' (Checklist.ash, line 144)

I have tried it in KoLmafia version 13.2, r7273, and r7301 all with the same results. Is anyone else getting this error or am I missing something?

zarqon

Woops, that was because I was adding a feature to the Daily Dungeon Diver and needed to change a function declaration. I forgot I also changed it in Checklist. So, I've uploaded a version of DDD that has part of that feature working, just so these two will play nicely together again. Download the latest DDD and Checklist should work again.

Ulfada

Thanks for fixing the resist function!

While auto adventuring in degrassi knoll in a muscle sign the script kept stopping. It doesn't try to buy the needed items from the General Store. I added some code that I think will work. I have not tested it because I'm past that point in the checklist.

I added this to my copy of Checklist.ash after line 246:
Code:
if (in_muscle_sign() && c[i].req == "cog") retrieve_item(1,$item[cog]);
if (in_muscle_sign() && c[i].req == "spring") retrieve_item(1,$item[spring]);
if (in_muscle_sign() && c[i].req == "sprocket") retrieve_item(1,$item[sprocket]);
if (in_muscle_sign() && c[i].req == "empty meat tank") retrieve_item(1,$item[empty meat tank]);
if (in_muscle_sign() && c[i].req == "tires") retrieve_item(1,$item[tires]);
if (in_muscle_sign() && c[i].req == "rusty screwdriver") visit_url("knoll.php?place=smith");
if (in_muscle_sign() && c[i].req == "frilly skirt") retrieve_item(1,$item[frilly skirt]);
if (in_muscle_sign() && c[i].req == "maiden wig") retrieve_item(1,$item[maiden wig]);

There might be a better way to do this. zarqon thanks for the great script!

Muhandes

Since there are now many more ways to pass the mariachis other than a bone rattle, and one usually gets one of the other drums while adventuring (at least I always do), maybe a broken skull is no longer a requisite?

Anarion

typo in checklist.txt?

checklist.ash V1.2.3 is telling me to get super-spikey hair gel when I already have two. I checked in checklist.txt:

Code:
86	127	1	fantasy airship	super-spikey hair gel	ns	ns

I changed "spikey" to "spiky" and it works correctly. I couldn't figure out where checklist.txt was being generated, but I hope you can take it from here.

Thanks for the script, by the way!