Hardcore Checklist -- sequential required item getter/notifier

Spiny

Thought bout continuing prior post, but didn't want it to get much longer... so here is what is essentially:

Edit 4:

I've been collecting stars, lines etc for necessary items for the lair. I made my key, made the hat, made my starfish... then I had enough to make a crossbow but didn't... instead I ran the script to see if it was keeping up... and the script went ahead and made a 2nd hat instead of the crossbow. Ack! Now I need more stars and lines :(

Anyhow...

Code:
> call Checklist.ash

Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. : 5)...
_version_zlib => : 5
Checking for updates (running Hardcore Checklist ver. 1.2.6)...
_version_checklist => 1.2.6
Internal checkpoint created.
You already have all three daily dungeon keys.
Loading checklist...
Checklist loaded (112 steps).
Checking for items...
Step 75: procure 1 sabre teeth from goatlet (safemox: 75)
Step 86: procure 1 barrrnacle from f'c'le (safemox: 107)
Step 95: procure 1 black pepper from black forest (safemox: 140)
Verifying ingredients for star hat (1)...
You acquire an item: star hat
Successfully created star hat (1)
Step 109: procure 1 star crossbow from hole in the sky (safemox: 175)
All steps clear!

> inv star hat

star hat (2)

shinomory

Just a quick tip, on line 40, as part of your maid function, you only check for a meat maid; if the user has a clockwork maid already, the script borks.

either check with a wildcard, or
Code:
   return (camp[$item[meat maid]] + camp[$item[clockwork maid]]> 0);

zarqon

I tested on a multi and it made one of each star item, despite having several of them. Oops! Turns out there was an 'or' that should have been an 'and'.

Also turns out I had added a lime to the checklist, but in my copy/pasting left the number required at 0.

So, fixed those, and added shinomory's fix above (thanks!), and voilá, the newest version. Still need to think about adding the other items Spiny suggested above.

@Spiny: this should handle your lime cub correctly, if you'd like to give it a shot.

Spiny

I tested on a multi and it made one of each star item, despite having several of them. Oops! Turns out there was an 'or' that should have been an 'and'.

Also turns out I had added a lime to the checklist, but in my copy/pasting left the number required at 0.

So, fixed those, and added shinomory's fix above (thanks!), and voilá, the newest version. Still need to think about adding the other items Spiny suggested above.

@Spiny: this should handle your lime cub correctly, if you'd like to give it a shot.

Thanks Zarqon, I've grabbed the file and will check it out and let you know how it goes.

Edit: It doesn't go well...

Code:
> call Checklist.ash

Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. : 5)...
_version_zlib => : 5
Checking for updates (running Hardcore Checklist ver. 1.2.7)...
_version_checklist => 1.2.7
Internal checkpoint created.
You already have all three daily dungeon keys.
Loading checklist...
Updating checklist.txt from '2009-09-18T23:59:41-05:00' to '2009-09-22T03:05:59-05:00'...
checklist.txt => 2009-09-22T03:05:59-05:00
...checklist.txt updated.
Checklist loaded (112 steps).
Checking for items...
All steps clear!

This is without the barrrnacle at all... without the lime cub.... and I haven't gone thru the giant familiars yet to know whether they are needed or not.

I threw all my DoD potions in closet and it still says all steps clear... actually... the DoD pots may be fine, I've passed thru the gates... i'm ready to hit the maze... so only thing I SHOULD be seeing is needing barrrnacle and lime cub at this point.

Anyhow, I'll probably ascend this account tomorrow into a HCNP run. We'll see how that goes :)

Ok, haven't ascended yet, still trying to figure out the problem:

I ran old version and it's giving me the results I expect to get. I ran a diff file between the new version and the old version. The only change that affects this is the || to &&. That change makes the things I do still need to get stop showing up. I changed it back to || and the things I still need reappear. However, this would then re-break the star item check again I suspect.

Last edited:

zarqon

Happy belated Stupid Update Day everyone!

Fortunately, today is Fix the Previous Stupid Update Day!

WeeLittleMike

Great script, thanks for all the hard work!

Since I am using pretty much all of your scripts at the same time, there is a lot of information scrolling up my screen. When I run this script, I usually get lost as to where I am in the list and have to go searching to find what step I'm on. To fix this, I have changed the main loop to put the step number information into a string and then I print that string before every action. This allows me to know where I am in the list at a moments notice. I don't know if this will benefit anyone else, but it helps me a lot.

Thanks again.

SilentKnight

Hello and thank you zarqon for all your hard work to aide the community!
I'm not sure if you're in the middle of fixing bugs or if I'm unable to properly set up an .ash script (mafia newbie) but I am currently unable to use this script..

I have the following files in my scripts folder: canadv.ash, Checklist.ash, dailydungeon.ash, zlib.ash
and the file in my data: dungeonstatchecks.txt

when I run Checklist.ash it simply says
Code:
Unknown variable 'script' (Checklist.ash, line 18)

I commented out line 18 just to see what would happen and it gave me the following instead:
Code:
Bad location value: "Nemesis Cave" (canadv.ash, line 213)

This seems like two unrelated errors, but perhaps I have not properly set up something (zlib perhaps? there appears to be no "import <zlib.ash>" anywhere in this version)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and keep up the great work!

Bale

Minion
This seems to be a popular problem today. Your KolMafia is too old to run this script. Go here and update mafia.

NastyPeasant

I just started using KoLMafia, so I'm already at level 10 on my hardcore character, and have completed several quests already. I'm not letting the script actually do anything yet (so checklist_info_only = true at the moment).

When I run checklist, I get the following:

Step 2: procure 1 bum cheek from sleazy back alley (safemox: 8)
Step 13: procure 1 frilly skirt from degrassi knoll (safemox: 20)
Step 14: procure 1 maiden wig from degrassi knoll (safemox: 20)
Step 28: procure 1 broken skull from guano junction (safemox: 25)
Step 33: procure 1 box from fun house (safemox: 27)
Step 34: procure 1 box from fun house (safemox: 27)
Step 45: procure 30 white pixel from 8-bit realm (safemox: 32)
Step 49: procure 1 wet stew from whitey's grove (safemox: 45)
Step 90: procure 1 ballroom key from haunted bedroom (safemox: 10)
Step 91: adventure at haunted ballroom until 'manor3.php' in manor.php

then it stops. Not sure why it's saying "until 'manor3.php' in manor.php" rather than something more useful, but it is.

Other than that, seems good.

Last edited:

zarqon

I don't see a problem. Step 91 in the checklist is to adventure in the ballroom until the link to the cellar ("manor3.php") appears at Spookyraven Manor ("manor.php"). It tells you which text it is looking for, and where.

NOTE: added the Star Starfish to the checklist after arriving at the entryway in BM without it.

NastyPeasant

I don't see a problem. Step 91 in the checklist is to adventure in the ballroom until the link to the cellar ("manor3.php") appears at Spookyraven Manor ("manor.php"). It tells you which text it is looking for, and where.

NOTE: added the Star Starfish to the checklist after arriving at the entryway in BM without it.

Yes, but "adventure at haunted ballroom until 'manor3.php' in manor.php" is more of a programmers message, whereas something like "adventure in the haunted ballroom until the cellar appears" would be a more user-focussed message. Or are people using KoLMafia expected to know the internals of the scripts they run? If so, that's cool and I'll start to check it out, I just wasn't aware of it is all.

zarqon

Ah. Unfortunately, associating a user-friendly message with each checklist step would require adding another field to the data file, a large loss of efficiency for something largely unnecessary. So, although your suggestion is perfectly valid, I don't think I'll change it.

bum cheek

It reports

Step 2: procure 1 bum cheek from sleazy back alley (safemox: 8)

even though I've finished the boss bat quest. Not sure how to edit checklist.txt to say "bum cheek unless asshat, or boss bat finished"

Harem pants and Harem veil, like Perfume are not needed if you've completed goblin king (I used to pulverize veil before I had astral in order to try to get cold res.)

Note - I often skip the pretentious artist these days since I don't usually need the pail or the meat and it adds unnecessary non-combats.

zarqon

@Froschmäusekrieg: Good thoughts.

1) Something ought to be done about the bum cheek. I personally like requiring it, since I usually make use of the meat from the artist and enjoy its helpfulness in getting Slug Lord pants. I suppose I could add some in-script logic for that one that skips it if you've got stench resistance someotherhow.

2) I've changed the harem pants/veil in the data file.