Mood Manager Drops A Log

Raven434

The following mood causes Mafia to spit out a huge debug log every time {other moods have been tested successfully and have been omitted}.

Is there a limit to how many moods can be defined?

[ reduce_combat_frequency ]
gain_effect Hardly Poisoned at All => use 1 anti-anti-antidote
gain_effect A Little Bit Poisoned => use 1 anti-anti-antidote
gain_effect Somewhat Poisoned => use 1 anti-anti-antidote
gain_effect Really Quite Poisoned => use 1 anti-anti-antidote
gain_effect Majorly Poisoned => use 1 anti-anti-antidote
lose_effect heavy petting => use 11 knob goblin pet-buffing spray
lose_effect leash of linguini => cast 7 leash of linguini
lose_effect fresh scent => use either 1 chunk of rock salt, 1 deodorant
lose_effect Sonata of Sneakiness => cast 1 Sonata of Sneakiness
lose_effect Smooth Movements => cast 1 Smooth Movement

And when it does that, it overwrites all of the existing moods and leaves behind:

[ apathetic ]

[ default ]

Basic snippet from the debug log:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
KoLmafia r7642, Windows XP, Java 1.6.0_15
Please note: do not post these logs in the KoLmafia thread. If
you would like us to look at the log, please instead email logs
to veracity@hambo.com using the subject "KoLmafia Debug Log"
Timestamp: Tue Sep 22 21:55:37 EDT 2009

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.MoodManager$MoodTrigger.<init>(MoodManager.java:1294)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.MoodManager$MoodTrigger.constructNode(MoodManager.java:1568)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.MoodManager.loadSettings(MoodManager.java:1024)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.MoodManager.loadSettings(MoodManager.java:1050) This line repeats a zillion times and then
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.MoodManager.loadSettings(MoodManager.java:1050)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.MoodManager.loadSettings(MoodManager.java:1050)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.MoodManager.restoreDefaults(MoodManager.java:114)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.Preferences.reset(Preferences.java:134)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLCharacter.reset(KoLCharacter.java:452)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.initialize(KoLmafia.java:736)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaGUI.initialize(KoLmafiaGUI.java:154)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.login(KoLmafia.java:664)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.processLoginRequest(LoginRequest.java:427)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.handleServerRedirect(GenericRequest.java:1364)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1294)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1025)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:916)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.run(LoginRequest.java:280)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.executeRequest(RequestThread.java:127)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:63)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.LoginFrame$LoginPanel.doLogin(LoginFrame.java:353)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.LoginFrame$LoginPanel.actionConfirmed(LoginFrame.java:300)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.GenericPanel$ActionConfirmListener.run(GenericPanel.java:467)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Last edited:

Raven434

33 views and nary a clue nor educated guess? :-(

Is there a maximum number of moods or physical size limit to the .txt file for moods?

Thanks.

kain

I have had this happen before ... just delete the mood and recreate it. It worked fine for me when I did that.

holatuwol

Developer
This could theoretically have happened if your mood contained a skill that you don't actually have. I added some code recently which should account for that case, and it might fix your problem. If updating to a later daily build doesn't handle it, I have no idea.

kain

When it happened to me, I was in softcore ... so I had all the skills in my mood, there weren't any "strange" (at least visible ...) characters in the plaintext mood file ...

But when I deleted the mood and recreated it, the problem went away. *shrug* I attributed it to something stupid that I had done.

Rahmuss

I have a mood question, not really dealing with this particular topic, I want it to ignore the Cunctatitis effect. I don't want it to waste my eyedrops on that. I've tried putting in "ignore" in the Command for when a mood is gained; but doesn't seem to work.

slyz

Developer
Mafia won't remove it if you follow Grotfang's advice and uncheck "Auto-remove malignant status effects".

Rahmuss

I'll have to give that a try, though does that mean it won't remove the beaten up effect and other things like that? If so, is there a way just to ignore the Cunctatitis effect?

Grotfang

Developer
I'll have to give that a try, though does that mean it won't remove the beaten up effect and other things like that? If so, is there a way just to ignore the Cunctatitis effect?

There's a limit to what mafia can offer without cluttering up the preferences list. If you want control, you have to accept control. Handle beaten up, etc in your mood.

Camber

Nope, but you can always check 'Auto-remove malignant status effects', and then set up a mood to take care of the others.

Edit: Ninja'd!