is this possible?

MacGregor

a script that when ran would check on grimace and equip an out fit accordingly. this is for use with the depleted grimacite items that give extra rollover adventures. So basically, if the depleted grimacite gravy boat would give more than 3 adventures it would equip that instead of my second time sword

i really just need to know if there is a variable for the phase grimace is in and what it is.

thanks

Sandiman

You're looking for moon_phase().

moon_phase will return an integer from 0 to 16 that denotes the current stage of Ronald and Grimace (the comet is not factored into this number). Depending on what particular phases you're looking for, you can check for various values.

On a mildly related note, moon_light() will return a value corresponding to the amount of current moonlight, useful for things like the grue or the Jekyllin.

jasonharper

Developer
Mafia currently doesn't know about the new Grimacite items, so you couldn't equip them from a script anyway (sorry, but it's hard to find much enthusiasm for supporting items that I have no chance of ever having). Once they're supported, you'll be able to directly ask about how many rollover adventures they currently give: numeric_modifier($item[grimacite gravy boat], "Adventures"), you won't need to care about the moon phase yourself.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=jasonharper link=topic=2013.msg9782#msg9782 date=1226971358]
(sorry, but it's hard to find much enthusiasm for supporting items that I have no chance of ever having).[/quote]

This is pretty much my answer whenever I've been asked about adding Containers to the Gear Changer - with the additional wrinkle that the unusable-for-99.99% slot would stare everybody in the face, whereas adding Grimicite modifiers is (mostly) just data entry which wouldn't harm those who don't have such gear.

I imagine we'll do it by and by, but it's not high on my list...

Bale

Minion
[quote author=jasonharper link=topic=2013.msg9782#msg9782 date=1226971358]Mafia currently doesn't know about the new Grimacite items, so you couldn't equip them from a script anyway (sorry, but it's hard to find much enthusiasm for supporting items that I have no chance of ever having).[/quote]

That might be true about the old grimacite items, but the new depleted grimacite items cost much less than a Mr. A, so I think there's a good chance a majority of Mafia users will have them. Including you.

MacGregor

yea all you need is to buy the hammer, which is like 700k now, and depleted grimcite, like 120k give or take, and you can make all the new depleted grimacite gear yourself

Rinn

Developer
No you can't. You need the plans which can only be won from the raffle house to be able to craft the equipment. They're not terribly expensive though, they're hovering around a million each give or take.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=asturia link=topic=2013.msg10030#msg10030 date=1227864863]
Can we already use this?
numeric_modifier($item[grimacite gravy boat], "Adventures")
[/quote]
The number of adventures depends on the moon phases. We can insert special code in Modifiers.txt to calculate that for depleted grimacite items, just like we did for the old grimacite items, but until we do that, you'll always get 0.

It's not that hard, and I expect I'll doit, by and by, since the items aren't THAT expensive, as was pointed out...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Not to mention 6542. You beat me by submitting your code literally seconds before I tried to do so, but I merged in my orthogonal improvements to Modifiers - like pulling Grimacite item numbers into ItemPool (which didn't exist when that file was created), rather than adding more local item numbers.

:)

Paragon

In maximize.ash there is a file included called special.ash, unless things have changed with language in some way that would make things more possible since then, it is as far as I was able to get it. It is very well documented just in case the language did change to make it possible. Whenever you figure out how to get the right information about the moons or the modifiers you can stick it strait into maximize.ash.