Bug "You need to make 5 gold deliveries to serve platinum clients."

mister19stick

Build 27628 on OSX.

While it's true you need to have done five gold to do platinum, I have done 101 gold deliveries.

I've also been using mafia to collect a cocktail set every day I'm in aftercore for quite a long time.

Today, on running the command "guzzlr accept platinum" I got the following red message:

You need to make 5 gold deliveries to serve platinum clients.

I didn't get this yesterday.

I can go to the "tap" page and accept platinum manually.

Did something change?

Thanks,
M.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
What is the value of the preference guzzlrGoldDeliveries?

The only way I can see that you would get that message would be attempting a platinum delivery when the value was less than five.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
thanks for the response.

somehow Mafia has lost all its saved settings. which is annoying.

What computer operating system?

OSX

How many characters do you run simultaneously, i.e. they are all using the same directory?

??

Which version of mafia?

(That doesn't seem right. Is there a typo? If not did you build it yourself or download it from somewhere? If so, where?)

Do you have files named something like <user>_prefs.bak in sessions/ ? If so that is mafia's attempt to back up your preferences and you might be able to recover with renaming the file or a text editor.

Was the preference file missing or was it corrupt? It is supposed to be plain text and sometimes /0000 gets written to the file which breaks things.

Is the global preference saveSettingsOnSet true or false?

We know there are circumstances when the preferences file gets corrupted but they are intermittent and not repeatable which means it is hard to fix and debug.

mister19stick

thanks for the reply. i think prefs did get corrupted. i'm working through resetting all the options. luckily i hadn't customised it much.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
thanks for the reply. i think prefs did get corrupted. i'm working through resetting all the options. luckily i hadn't customised it much.
We're trying to address the corruption problem but the most recent attempt broke enough things that we are still searching for a workable solution.