Bug - Fixed Yet More Charpane issues with 9760

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We have too many Charpane threads, but I am seeing previously unreported issues.

I ran 370 or so turns in the Relay Browser last night with r9760.

1) I have 22 instances of the following stack trace in my debug log:

Code:
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -236
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -236
	at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1937)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.CharPaneRequest.extractEffect(CharPaneRequest.java:574)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.CharPaneDecorator.addUpArrowLinks(CharPaneDecorator.java:707)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.CharPaneDecorator.decorate(CharPaneDecorator.java:127)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestEditorKit.getFeatureRichHTML(RequestEditorKit.java:531)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.formatResponse(RelayRequest.java:352)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1208)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:1849)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.CharPaneRequest.run(CharPaneRequest.java:128)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.readServerResponse(RelayAgent.java:378)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.performRelay(RelayAgent.java:150)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.run(RelayAgent.java:127)

2) A dozen times or so, it looked like the Charpane was double-decorated.

- The list of visited locations was listed twice, in order
- The "refresh mood" link appeared twice

Chez

In case it helps at all, I think this bug may have been around for a while. I have similar stack traces from earlier revisions.

r9736
Code:
class java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -9497
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -9497
	at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.CharPaneDecorator.addUpArrowLinks(CharPaneDecorator.java:643)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.CharPaneDecorator.decorate(CharPaneDecorator.java:127)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestEditorKit.getFeatureRichHTML(RequestEditorKit.java:531)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.formatResponse(RelayRequest.java:353)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1208)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:1830)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:80)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.visit_url(RuntimeLibrary.java:1672)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor94.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.LibraryFunction.execute(LibraryFunction.java:127)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:167)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Assignment.execute(Assignment.java:102)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.BasicScope.execute(BasicScope.java:454)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.UserDefinedFunction.execute(UserDefinedFunction.java:130)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.executeScope(Interpreter.java:322)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:249)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:242)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaASH.getClientHTML(KoLmafiaASH.java:113)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaASH.getClientHTML(KoLmafiaASH.java:95)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:1511)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.CharPaneRequest.run(CharPaneRequest.java:133)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.readServerResponse(RelayAgent.java:378)
r9711
Code:
class java.lang.NumberFormatException: dirty old lihc 22
java.lang.NumberFormatException: dirty old lihc 22
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.StringUtilities.parseIntInternal1(StringUtilities.java:726)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.StringUtilities.parseInt(StringUtilities.java:671)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.CharPaneRequest.extractEffect(CharPaneRequest.java:601)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.CharPaneDecorator.addUpArrowLinks(CharPaneDecorator.java:700)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.CharPaneDecorator.decorate(CharPaneDecorator.java:120)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestEditorKit.getFeatureRichHTML(RequestEditorKit.java:515)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.formatResponse(RelayRequest.java:330)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1216)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:1807)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:73)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.visit_url(RuntimeLibrary.java:1654)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor78.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.LibraryFunction.execute(LibraryFunction.java:126)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:166)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:104)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.BasicScope.execute(BasicScope.java:451)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.UserDefinedFunction.execute(UserDefinedFunction.java:129)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:166)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.BasicScope.execute(BasicScope.java:451)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.UserDefinedFunction.execute(UserDefinedFunction.java:129)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.executeScope(Interpreter.java:319)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:246)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:239)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaASH.getClientHTML(KoLmafiaASH.java:110)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaASH.getClientHTML(KoLmafiaASH.java:92)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:1488)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.readServerResponse(RelayAgent.java:470)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.performRelay(RelayAgent.java:143)
   at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.run(RelayAgent.java:120)

If these are not related, please let me know. I'd rather delete the post than add to more charpane confusion.

Isvarka

I don't have a debug log that backs it up, but I definitely was having similar issues to your second issue last night when I was playing.
- Frequently I noticed that the buff arrows were doubled
- The familiar item trackers were often doubled (saying stuff like 3/53/5 for my Rogue Program)
- The refresh button for the charpane wasn't showing at all at times
- I'm not sure I ever noticed the refresh mood link appear, but I may have just missed it

fxer

Hundreds of duplicate entries in Active Effects tab

r9742 seems to be working fine but r9762 is giving me all kinds of trouble. Multiple entries in the Active Effects window, and sometimes 2,3,4+ duplicate entries under mood in the charpane. It hasn't produced a debug log yet, I got the one posted below earlier but not sure it's related to the effects thing

You can get an idea from the size of the scrollbar slider how many entries are in the list
2jfu4g.jpg

Code:
class java.lang.NumberFormatException: rampaging adding machine 5
java.lang.NumberFormatException: rampaging adding machine 5
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.StringUtilities.parseIntInternal1(StringUtilities.java:727)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.StringUtilities.parseInt(StringUtilities.java:672)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.CharPaneRequest.extractEffect(CharPaneRequest.java:594)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.CharPaneDecorator.addUpArrowLinks(CharPaneDecorator.java:707)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.formatResponse(RelayRequest.java:352)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:1922)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.CharPaneRequest.run(CharPaneRequest.java:128)