Wossname script

Rishi Sunak

I know the script is old and that I have little or no knowledge of programming.

I have been trying to run wossname.ash and got a number of error message,s, most of which I could correct. However, I keep getting told that "The Guards' Chamber" is an incorrect location value. I have checked everywhere, used C&P from coldfront to input, and it still gives the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rishi

xKiv

> ash $location[guard]

Changing "guard" to "The Royal Guard Chamber" would get rid of this message. (char 11 to char 16)

I think that's what you want, in mafia namespace?

Rishi Sunak

Thanks for the feedback, but it didn't help. I was unable to find > ash $location[guard] in the script.
The error is showing up on what for me is Line 134 which reads

adventure(my_adventures(), $location[The Guards' Chamber]);

I have tried it in small cap, in large cap, with Royal, in singular (apostophe before the S), without an apostophe and any other variation I could think of. Similar errors on other lines were mostly solved by adding The. I did this for example with line 128 which also had an error, where I just added The (adventure(my_adventures(), $location[The Feeding Chamber]) .

For the case I am looking in the wrong place, when you say, mafia namespace where should I be looking?

Thanks, Rishi

Rishi Sunak

I used that thread, downloaded the zip file and installed from that. Mostly because I understood that I needed to use that to get the text file. Perhaps that was not the latest version. As I said at the start, I barely know what I am doing.

adeyke

In the first post of that thread, the ASH file in the ZIP is version 1.8. The ASH file outside the ZIP is version 1.9. However, neither of those versions has the line 134 you quoted.

Rishi Sunak

It was the 1.8 version. I did change it, deleting some lines related to Spookyraven that just wouldn't work. That all being said, I can't find the original file (I did work in a copy) to see exactly what it was. It was a file I downloaded from KM tho.

Please let the matter drop. I have worked out a manual way to do it now and it isn't all that much effort once you do the sidequests.

I will try the 1.9 version maybe in my next ascension and see if I can get that working for me.

Thank you all for your help and assistance.

Rishi