Feature - Rejected When using items from the relay browser use the KoL chat /use method

Zaranthos

This would have the benefit of leaving useful pages intact so combat action bars still worked, multiple use links were still available as in the case of hermit script and stat script. I can't think of a downside to this.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
On the Browser tab of Preferences, there is a setting: Force results to reload inline for [use] links. If you check that, clicking on a [use] link will use ajax to force the results to appear in a little frame above the existing main frames, exactly like chat /use commands do.

Do you have that preference checked? If not, please check it and try it out.

If you do have it checked - or have now checked it and tried it, as I requested - please report here exactly what you don't like about it - and how the results are not as good as (or different in some way) from using the chat command.

Zaranthos

I enabled it too late in the day to try it much. I've had it enabled in the past and in some cases it bugged me by not loading inventory pages when that would have been convenient. I'll try it again tomorrow and see what happens. Probably just random preference though. Sometimes you want the inventory page when you use/eat/drink, sometimes you don't. A [use inline] link option may be a nice preference so you can have it both ways?

I guess sometimes it's nice and sometimes it's not. I don't like it when I click outfit links after combat for example since I usually need to go to my inventory to fix accessory items replacing something I want equipped.

Last edited: